Fullstar Food Storage Containers with Lids, Set of 20
Last updated date: February 27, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Food Storages For Lunch and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Food Storage For Lunch you should buy.
The Fullstar Food Storage Containers, Set of 20 uses a four-hinge locking system to prevent leaks and keep food fresh. Each set includes both round and rectangular containers, as well as a few tiny containers for salad dressings and other condiments. Larger families will appreciate that the lunch containers are stackable, taking up much less of your refrigerator space. In our analysis of 25 expert reviews, the Fullstar Fullstar Food Storage Containers, Set of 20 placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best Food Storage For Lunch for a detailed review of all the top food storages for lunch.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
From The Manufacturer
kitchen set food prep containers kitchen storage containers pantry storage boxes freezer containers with lids meal prep containers
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Food Storages For Lunch
Food storage containers are a must for every home kitchen. Not only do they allow you to pack up your leftovers for another day, but they also give you the ability to prepare a healthy lunch to take to work or school. If you’re searching for the best set of food storage for lunch, keep the following features in mind.
Consider the size and the number of containers in each set first. Couples and small families would do well with the Fullstar Food Storage Containers, Set of 12, which has five different sized containers. Other sets come with as many as 44 containers, which is ideal for larger families and businesses.
Check that the food storage set is free of BPA and other harmful toxins. The DuraHome Food Storage Containers, Set of 44 meets these criteria and is also FDA-approved, as it’s constructed of a high quality 100% food-grade polypropylene.
Review the storage container’s ability to keep a tight seal. This is especially important if you plan on transporting soup and other liquids to work. The Fullstar Food Storage Containers, Set of 20 uses a four-hinge locking system, so you know without a shadow of a doubt that you have an air-tight seal every time.
Determine whether you can heat your meal in the food storage container, or whether you are required to empty the container’s contents onto a plate first. For example, the Enther Meal Prep Containers, Set of 20 is microwave-safe. Other brands go a step further and are even safe in the freezer, dishwasher and oven.
DYWM Fun Fact
In order to prevent food-borne illnesses, it’s important that you store food properly. Here are a few food storage guidelines to keep in mind:
- While you’ll want to allow your hot leftovers time to cool off, you should strive to pack and place the leftovers in the refrigerator within two hours.
- Set your refrigerator to 40 degrees Fahrenheit and your freezer to 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Anything warmer and bacteria is likely to grow at a more rapid pace.
- Some foods, like potatoes and garlic, are better stored at room temperature. You’ll need to keep them in a cool dry location, however, as moisture will cause them to rot.
- Always consume your food by the “use by” date on the product packaging. This is true even if the food looks and smells normal.
The Food Storage For Lunch Buying Guide
- Consider using the food storage containers to organize non-food items, such as crayons, screws, small toys and office supplies. A permanent market will allow you to label the containers, whether plastic or glass, so you know what items are inside.
- Check whether the storage containers are stackable or not. This feature saves refrigerator and cabinet space, which is essential if you have a small kitchen.
- Look for a product warranty or a customer satisfaction guarantee before purchasing a set of lunch containers. You don’t want to have a container crack after just two uses and have no way to get a refund.
- Two main factors influence the price of food storage containers: the construction of the containers and the number of containers in each set. The Enther Meal Prep Containers, Set of 20 and the DuraHome Food Storage Containers, Set of 44 are on the lower end of the price scale, as they are not as heavy-duty as other models. The Fullstar Food Storage Containers, Set of 12 is also less costly than the Fullstar Food Storage Containers, Set of 20, which has an additional eight containers in each set.