FTCY Exaggerated Wicker Bead Open Hoop Earrings
Last updated: August 7, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Wicker Earrings and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Wicker Earring you should buy.
In our analysis, the FTCY FTCY Exaggerated Wicker Bead Open Hoop Earrings placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Exquisite design： nice straw wicker earrings set, Handmade Straw Wicker Braid Hoop Retror rattan earrings,delicately designed meet your different needs and make you more attractive 925 silver needle：925 Sterling silver earrings post for Sensitive Ears.Classic minimalist round earrings for any outfit Lightweight：This Bohemian style earrings measure 2.7 inches in length with a 0.55 inch Rattan HoopEarrings Perfect gift:Give this rattan earrings as the best choice present to for daughter, wife, girlfriend or sisters on Birthday, Anniversary, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day, make them feel very special and charming. Best service:Thank you for you support, FTCY is committed to provide stylish and quality jewelry.Please feel free to contact us if you have any question, we will offer you the best solution.
Wicker Earring Rankings
For years, rattan has been a top material for weaving-based manufacturing. But rattan’s use in weaving dates much further back than modern machine-based manufacturing. In fact, the discovery of rattan in ancient Egyptian burial tombs indicates its history in products like baskets and furniture dates back thousands of years.
No doubt, early man discovered that rattan, which is a solid timber vine available in hundreds of different species, was one of the best types of wood for making products that are rounded or curved. Rattan is found in climbing palms, primarily in tropical forests. The limbs are already fairly nimble, but once steamed, they can be shaped in a wide range of curves. That makes it the top material for making products using wicker.
Wicker isn’t itself a material. The word is used to describe the weave used to turn rattan into a useful product. Wicker is, in fact, thought to be the earliest form of furniture making. Although rattan is highly pliable, it’s also extraordinarily strong, especially when interwoven.
Although long used for baskets and furniture, wicker has become popular over the years for straw handbags and hats. An even new trend has fashionistas wearing wicker jewelry, including earrings. The look has become almost synonymous with a tropical summertime look, but straw jewelry can be worn year-round.
The best thing about wicker for items like earrings is that it’s durable while also being lightweight. This combination allows it to be used for larger dangling earrings where other materials might be too weighty.
It’s important when looking at wicker jewelry to pay close attention to the weight. The metals and plastics added to a wicker earring could create additional weight, making it uncomfortable. Also, look at how it secures to the ear. You can find hook-style earrings that slip through the lobe or earrings with posts that have a backing to hold them to the ear.
- One downside of wicker is that it tends to absorb water. So, you’ll want to remove your wicker earrings before climbing in the shower or going for a swim. Although a little exposure to rain or an accidental splash likely won’t damage your earrings, it’s best to try to prevent contact with water.
- Wicker can be tricky to clean since you can’t dunk it in water or use traditional jewelry cleaners. To clean your wicker jewelry, first, brush off as much of the surface dirt as possible and then lightly moisten a clean cloth with warm water and mild soap and wipe any dirt off. Wipe with plain water to rinse and let it air dry.
- You’ll often find wicker earrings sold in multisets. This gives you a great opportunity to quickly fill your jewelry box with your new favorite item.
- Unlike other types of earrings, wicker earrings are typically made by hand using natural materials. That means the color can vary from one pair to the next. You might even find that within the same pair of earrings, one is slightly different in shade. It likely won’t be noticeable, but since rattan varies in coloring, that comes with wicker products.
- Some manufacturers have begun dying wicker to create color options beyond the classic tan hue. If you’d prefer colorful options, shop around to locate them. You can find everything from neutral black and white tones to bright pink and even patterned options.
- If you’re sensitive to certain metals, pay attention to the material used for the hook or post. You can find wicker earrings with hypoallergenic posts.
- For post-based earrings, make sure backs are included. You can buy these separately if not, but it helps to know ahead of time if you need to have some on hand.
- Some choose wicker as a sustainable alternative to other types of jewelry. If this is your priority, make sure the posts and backings are made from eco-friendly materials, as well.