FROGG TOGGS Waterproof Poncho
Last updated date: November 30, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Ponchos and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Poncho you should buy.
Update as December 15, 2020:
Checkout The Best Poncho for a detailed review of all the top ponchos.
In our analysis, the FROGG TOGGS FROGG TOGGS Waterproof Poncho placed 5th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
100% Polypropylene. Imported. Packable, water-resistant poncho. Integrated, adjustable hood with cord locks. Side snaps for extra protection. Stuff sack included.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Ponchos
A poncho is an outerwear garment that is a mix between a coat and a cape or blanket. Originated by Native American peoples in South America, today’s ponchos are both fashionable and functional. The main purpose of most ponchos is to keep you warm and dry while still having enough ventilation. A rain poncho is similar to a raincoat and is made from a waterproof material. Ponchos worn for warmth can be made from a variety of different materials such as wool or cotton. Some have ties to clasp the ends together as well.
Ponchos are typically roomy in size, so they can fit a variety of body shapes. Plus, they often come with a hood, which protects your head and hair from the wind, cold and rain. If you’re carrying a backpack or purse, it’s easy to wear it underneath your poncho. This way, it is also protected from the elements and will not get wet. If you’re someone who tends to sweat easily, then a poncho is key because of how well-ventilated it is. It keeps air flowing around your body, unlike a coat or sweater, so you can be warm while not getting sweaty.
The Poncho Buying Guide
- When buying a poncho, first consider your main use. Do you want to use it to keep you warm or dry or both? A rain poncho is lightweight. While it will keep the moisture off of you, it will not do much for warmth. Similarly, a poncho made from wool or cotton will keep you warm, but cannot protect you from the rain. There are some ponchos that are designed for protection from all weather elements.
- Traditional ponchos are meant to slip over your head to wear as they do not have any front zippers or buttons. However, modern ponchos sometimes have a front closure so you can wear it like a coat.
- If you need a spot to keep your essentials, pockets are key. Some ponchos come with a large front pocket, while others have two side pockets.
- Many ponchos are easy to fold and store. Some even come with their own storage bag. This makes it easy to bring your poncho with you when you’re heading outdoors. You can leave one in your car to use in case of emergencies or unexpected bad weather.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide