Franklin Sports X-40 Pickleballs, 12-Pack
Last updated date: October 26, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pickleball Balls and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pickleball Ball you should buy.
Update as January 18, 2022:
Checkout The Best Pickleball Balls for a detailed review of all the top pickleball balls.
To play like the pros do, invest in these pickleball balls. They are tournament-approved, in attention-grabbing optic yellow (and bright pink) and are sold in sets of three, 10 or 12.
In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the Franklin Sports X-40 Pickleballs, 12-Pack placed 3rd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
OFFICIAL SIZE AND WEIGHT: 26 gram weight; 74mm diameter. BALANCED flight pattern due to 40 precisely machine drilled holes. ONE-PIECE construction with rotational molding creates a stronger, long lasting ball. USAPA approved for outdoor tournament pickleball play. Official Ball of the US Open Pickleball Championships. BULK package includes 12 balls-stay playing on the court longer!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pickleball Balls
Pickleball was invented back in 1965, when a couple of friends started playing around with ping-pong paddles and perforated plastic balls on a tennis court. It is similar to tennis, but is played with smaller paddles and on a smaller court.
The game has become wildly popular, and there are indoor and outdoor local leagues, plus regional and national championships. There are official rules for play, and regulations that apply to everything from paddle sizes to the pickleballs themselves.
In addition to regulations on ball size and appearance, there are specifications for bounce heights, hardness and the number of holes around the surface. If you plan to play more than casually, you should take these rules into consideration when purchasing a ball.
The Pickleball Ball Buying Guide
- When shopping for pickleballs, look for ones that meet USAPA standards, which is something that should be boasted about in the item description.
- The per-pickleball price goes down when you buy them in larger quantities.
- If the pickleballs don’t come with a carrying bag, you can store them in a gym bag. Just make sure you leave the court with as many balls as you came with!
- Just like tennis balls, high-performance pickleballs do not last forever. You can expect anywhere from three to 10 games, depending on weather conditions and type of play, before they need to be replaced.
- Yellow pickleballs are designed for indoor play, while orange ones are for outdoor games.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide