Fox Run Ceramic Garlic Keeper
Last updated date: January 30, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Garlic Keepers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Garlic Keeper you should buy.
Keep your garlic from spoiling with the Fox Run Ceramic Garlic Keeper. This little storage pot is made from unglazed ceramic stoneware. It features a decorative lid to keep sunlight out and three ventilation holes to keep the garlic bulbs dry and free from moisture. In our analysis of 16 expert reviews, the Fox Run Fox Run Ceramic Garlic Keeper placed 1st when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note January 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best Garlic Keeper for a detailed review of all the top garlic keepers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
More times than not, some fresh garlic is just what you need to liven up a dish. Perfect for storing your go-to flavor enhancers, this Garlic Keeper is crafted of attractive white ceramic stoneware with a fitting garlic-shaped handle. This nonporous, unglazed stoneware with vent holes promotes proper airflow to preserve garlic cool and dry, and the lid protects from light for a longer shelf life. The jar won't absorb moisture or odors! Add the mouthwatering taste of fresh garlic to your soups, sides, sauces, pizzas, toppings and more. An essential for all garlic lovers!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Garlic Keepers
To prevent garlic from becoming moldy or going bad before you have a chance to use it, you need to properly store it. You can do this with a garlic keeper. As you browse the available models, keep the following information in mind.
Garlic keepers are made from a few different types of materials, such as terra cotta, ceramic and high-fired stoneware. While all of these construction materials work well if you simply need to store your garlic, you’ll need a high-fired stoneware keeper, like the Le Creuset Stoneware Garlic Keeper, if you want to place the keeper on an oven or in a freezer.
You’ll also need the construction materials to be nonporous. This type of material is stain and odor resistant and less likely to crack or chip.
Look for garlic keepers that promote proper airflow. The Fox Run Ceramic Garlic Keeper has nice size ventilation holes that keep garlic cool, dry and fresh. Remember, moisture is an enemy of garlic.
Check that the garlic keeper can stop light from reaching the garlic. For example, the Mud Pie Ceramic Garlic Storage Keeper has a removable wooden lid that keeps garlic in the dark, giving it a longer shelf life.
Finally, you’ll want to take design into account when choosing the best garlic keeper. The Norpro Stoneware Garlic Keeper is not only attractive, but it also complements just about any kitchen theme.
DWYM Fun Fact
We all know garlic makes a variety of dishes more flavorful, but you may not be aware of just how many health benefits the widely-used herb offers. For example, did you know garlic contains a host of important nutrients, including folate, niacin, vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, iron and phosphorous? Here are a few more health benefits associated with garlic:
- Garlic helps lower high blood pressure.
- Garlic relieves cold symptoms thanks to its antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- Garlic aids in digestion and reduces gas.
- Garlic reduces blood sugar levels when eaten in raw form.
- Garlic supports weight loss efforts by boosting your metabolism.
The Garlic Keeper Buying Guide
- Always check the garlic keeper’s cleaning instructions. Several models are not dishwasher-safe and must be cleaned by hand.
- You’ll get the highest concentration of active ingredients in fresh garlic, so look for bulbs that are plump with tight skin.
- Garlic still in the bulb will last as long as 8 weeks when properly stored at room temperature.
- Never store a whole garlic bulb in your refrigerator, as this environment allows mold to grow. You can, however, place chopped garlic in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days. This is helpful if you have a little leftover garlic that you can toss on a salad the next day.
- Use apples or raw mint leaves to help reduce garlic breath after eating meals that have been flavored with the herb.
- Garlic keepers vary greatly in price for several reasons. The Fox Run Ceramic Garlic Keeper and the Mud Pie Ceramic Garlic Storage Keeper are basic in design and on the lower end of the price range. You’ll find the Norpro Stoneware Garlic Keeper in the middle, thanks to its more intricate design and glossy finish. The Le Creuset Stoneware Garlic Keeper commands the highest price because it can be used in all temperatures, including in an oven or freezer.