FORTIVO Kids Weighted Blanket, 5-Pounds
Last updated date: August 31, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Weighted Blankets For Kids and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Weighted Blanket For Kids you should buy.
Update as August 31, 2022:
Checkout The Best Weighted Blanket For Kids for a detailed review of all the top weighted blankets for kids.
The cozy weighted comforter set contains a 5-lb weighted blanket insert made of 100% organic, breathable cotton and a full duvet cover (non-toxic and odorless) with one side of fuzzy minky dot pattern. Give your special kid the comfort and feeling of a caring hug to help them sleep well and let the deep pressure compression do its magic!
In our analysis of 61 expert reviews, the FORTIVO Kids Weighted Blanket, 5-Pounds placed 11th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Fortivo Weighted Blankets for kids Hi, I am Sam and I am the founder of Fortivo blankets. Thanks for visiting our page! When I was looking for a weighted blanket for my niece, I was unfortunately not able to find the perfect one. I wanted something that was of the highest quality, but also fun and stylish. After doing plenty of product research and design work, we have come with a blanket we are proud to share with you. We use the latest technology and most quality material coupled with some fun designs we think you will like. We hope you love your new blanket as much as we do! Weighted duvet cover comforter for kids boys girls Sleep Better, Stress Less! The weighted blanket that helps you fall asleep faster so you can dream better and bigger. Autistic kids anxiety relief weighted blanket How Do Weighted Blankets Work? Our weighted blankets use the power of deep touch pressure simulation to stimulate pressure points on the body, which is proven to lower anxiety in the user. The deep pressure input technique increases serotonin and melatonin production and decreases cortisol (stress hormone) levels which results in improved sleep, better mood and thorough relaxation. Another measured outcome of using a weighted blanket involves lowering EDA – electrodermal activity. Lowered EDA indicates less stirring and lower extraneous movement throughout a sleep cycle – this means better or deeper sleep for an individual. Anti anxiery toddler weighted comforted Promise Of Superior Quality We obsessed over every detail from fabric design to even the thread we use. 4” square pockets are designed to make sure the weight is distributed evenly Made from 100% Organic Cotton which keeps the blanket insert breathable Minky dot fabric provides sensory calmness and provides a soft comforting feeling 6 Tie loops keep the blanket from moving inside the cover Invisible full side zipper helps in removing the cover easily Nano bead weight technology helps in even weight distribution Designs that kids will love Easily removable and machine-washable Perfect gift idea for birthdays, holidays, Christmas and anniversaries Kids weighted blanket for girl or boy Children heavy blanket with cover Children heavy comforter for anxiety 5 lbs toddler weighted blanket 5 pounds with cover removable The inner blanket is made of 100% breathable natural organic cotton material filled with environment friendly glass-microbeads technology. The outer cover is made of a luxurious, ultra-soft plush minky fabric that is easily removable for washing. Who doesn’t want warm and fuzzy hugs every day, right? The 4” small size box design allows for even weight distribution across the blanket. Other blankets use larger boxes which cause the weight to move to one-end of the blanket, making it hard to maneuver and uncomfortable to use. 6 tie loops instead of 4 help keep the insert in place Our weighted blanket works for kids between the age of 5-12 yrs, weighing between 40-110 pounds. Our weighted blankets can also be used by adults and the elderly as a lap pad which helps with relaxation. The minky dot fabric adds a pop of color, but also a relaxation effect. Rub your hand across the bumps and immediately feel the calming sensation upon you. The patterns were designed with a special focus on fun and love for your children. The sleeping animals have dinosaurs, squirrels, fox and rabbits yawning and are great sleeping examples for your kids!! Some are asleep on their back, and others are holding their tail like a stuffed animal or pillow.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Weighted Blankets For Kids
A weighted blanket may help your child relax at the end of a long day. Weighted blankets are heavy blankets that are filled with materials like plastic pellets or glass beads. Being under the weight of this kind of blanket can provide a sense of security and calm for both children and adults.
There are many benefits to using a weighted blanket. The extra weight on top of the child when they sleep helps them feel as though they being hugged. This can be very soothing for children of all ages. Weighted blankets don’t just have to be used at night time. They can also provide comfort during the day if your child is having a difficult time. Sometimes, just sitting on the couch with a weighted blanket can also provide comfort.
Keep in mind that the weight of the blanket is something that needs to be right for the child’s size. Do not use an adult’s blanket on a child. Weighted blankets for children should be no more than 10% of the child’s body weight. So if your child is 50 pounds, for example, then the weighted blanket should weigh no more than 5 pounds. Before using a weighted blanket for a child, be sure to consult with your doctor. Keep in mind that children under one year of age should not use a weighted blanket. When buying a weighted blanket, look for one that fits your child’s body, not their whole bed. If the blanket is too big, it will get dragged towards the ground because of the extra weight. As a result, the blanket may fall off the bed, disrupting your child’s sleep and sense of comfort.
The Weighted Blanket For Kids Buying Guide
- When selecting a weighted blanket for your child, the first things to look at are the size and weight of the blanket. It’s important to ensure that the blanket is no more than 10% of your child’s body weight for safety reasons. Plus, the blanket should fit the child’s body but not be too big. If it is, it can fall to the floor and disrupt their sleep. Some weighted blankets are available in various weights starting at 5 pounds and maxing out at 23 pounds. Others measure 41 by 60 inches, and are designed for children around 80 pounds.
- In addition to the actual weight of the blanket, it’s important to look at the weight distribution. Weighted blankets are effective when the weight of the pellets inside the material is evenly distributed across the blanket. However, in some blankets, the pellets have a tendency to slide down to the edges so the weight is no longer even. Look for a model that has seams of 4 by 4-inch squares across the blanket to ensure that the pellets stay even and don’t fall down towards the edges.
- As with all children’s products, look for a weighted blanket that can be washed and easily cleaned. Many weighted blankets can be used with a duvet cover, so the outer layer can be washed when it gets dirty. Some models come with a removable cover so maintenance is headache-free.
- Keep the fabric of the blanket in mind, ensuring your child isn’t allergic to the material. A breathable fabric, like bamboo or natural cotton, ensures they won’t get too warm under it.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide