Floerns Slim Fit Plaid Pencil Skirt
Last updated date: November 10, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Plaid Pencil Skirts and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Plaid Pencil Skirt you should buy.
Update as November 22, 2021:
Checkout The Best Plaid Pencil Skirt for a detailed review of all the top plaid pencil skirts.
Made from a polyester material with 5% spandex, this skirt has the stretch you need to stay comfortable while also providing a slimming effect. It’s available in a variety of patterns and sizes, from XS to 4X.
In our analysis, the Floerns Floerns Slim Fit Plaid Pencil Skirt placed 2nd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This plaid pencil skirt is fit for everyday dressing. The fabric is a blend of polyester and spandex. It’s high wasted, knee length with a slim fit.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Plaid Pencil Skirts
The pencil skirt never seems to go out of style, even as trends change when it comes to the waistline and fit of pants. With a pencil skirt, you get a tight fit from waist to hem for a flattering, slimming look.
In some cases, pencil skirts have a high waistline. This extends the torso, sometimes giving the illusion that someone is taller and slimmer. They can be paired with a suit jacket, a sweater, or a shirt, making pencil skirts a versatile wardrobe item.
One downside to the pencil skirt is its constrictive design. Traditional pencil skirts could make you feel like a mermaid, barely able to move your legs because they were so tightly bound together. Clothing designers typically built in slits in the back to create a little extra wiggle room. Without it, you might find yourself waddling around town all day.
But today’s pencil skirts use the latest design advancements to give you a little stretch without sacrificing the slimming effect pencil skirts have always had. Modern-day versions of the trend also vary in length. You’ll find pencil skirts in traditional calf lengths, as well as miniskirt and knee-length styles.
Perhaps the best thing about today’s pencil skirts, though, is the variety. You’ll find solids, as always, but you can also choose patterned options. Plaid is a classic fabric pattern that works both for the office and a night out, but the best thing about it is that there are different types of plaid. There’s tartan, gingham, checkered, houndstooth, tattersall and more, each with their own patterns.
When choosing a plaid pencil skirt, it’s important to look for a slight taper below the hips. This will give you the figure-flattering effect you want while also offering the room you need in the hip area.
The Plaid Pencil Skirt Buying Guide
- No pencil skirt will fit two people quite the same. Pay attention to the measurements of any you choose. You’ll need to look at the length and the width in the waist and hip areas compared to measurements you can make yourself.
- Pencil skirts are often associated with high waists, but this isn’t always the case. You can find pencil skirts that hang lower in the waist area if that is a better fit for your build.
- Spandex is the key to getting the little bit of stretch you need in a pencil skirt. Look for a skirt that has at least a small amount of spandex built in.
- Polyester is the most popular fabric in today’s dressy skirts. There’s a reason for that. Polyester is easy to care for and doesn’t wrinkle easily. It also creates a more lightweight fabric, making it more bearable in the hot summer months.
- Some skirts can look deceptively thicker, especially online. Pay close attention to the design of the skirt. You might need to wear a slip beneath it.
- A knee-length or calf-length skirt can give you versatility. You can wear it to work, lunch with colleagues or dinner with the family. But miniskirts can come in handy on date night or when you head out with a group of friends.
- Pencil skirts are available in a wide range of sizes, including plus and junior sizes. If you typically wear petite sizes, you might find you need to look for a petite pencil skirt to have the hem land where it’s designed to.
- If you’re looking for a plaid skirt that you can wear with a variety of tops and jackets, look for one in a neutral plaid like small black and white checkers or beige with subtle stripes of tan and brown. If your plaid is too bold, you might find yourself limited in the items you can wear with it.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide