Five Star Recycled Binder File Keeper
Last updated: June 16, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top File Keepers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best File Keeper you should buy.
This file keeper is durable and well constructed, made to last all year. It can hold up to 300 sheets of paper. The interior features three expanding pockets to hold additional documents.
In our analysis, the Five Star Recycled Binder File Keeper placed 5th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
LASTS ALL YEAR. GUARANTEED! 3 round rings hold papers neatly in place to help keep you organized; The 1-1/2″ rings can hold up to 300 sheets, making it great for notes, homework, handouts and more. Mesh zipper pocket keeps small items secure, and an exterior zipper pocket provides quick access to the supplies you use most; Multiple pen/pencil loops keep writing instruments on hand. 3-pocket expanding file stores and organizes up to 200 sheets of paper; 500 sheet total capacity between binder rings and expanding file. Measures 2-3/4″ x 11-1/4″ x 12-3/4″.
File Keeper Rankings
A file keeper, also known as a binder, is a stationery tool that looks like a large book. Inside, however, there are no pages — only pockets on each cover, and rings on which you can secure your own papers and files. Using a binder or file keeper is an effective way to organize paper documents for school, work and home.
Some file keepers are open along the edge, while others have a zippered closure. This helps to protect the papers inside from crumpling or getting wet. Other file keepers may have a Velcro or hook-and-loop closure, which is handy for keeping the papers from spilling out. Opt for a file keeper with a closure if you will be transporting papers from one place to another, such as from home to school or from the office to home.
If portability is important, especially if you want to transport a lot of paper documents at once, you can opt for a file keeper that has a carrying strap. This makes it more comfortable to carry the binder over your shoulder like a book bag.
- Some file keepers have three rings while others have two. Keep in mind the pre-punched paper typically has three holes in it, so it fits more easily into a three-ring binder.
- Opt for rings that are spring-loaded in the file keeper as this makes it easier to open and close them. This also ensures you don’t pinch your fingers in the rings.
- Most file keepers are designed to store letter-sized pages. However, you can also find some file keepers that are designed specifically for legal paper or A4 paper as well.
- The height of the file keeper, typically noted in inches, delineates how much space you have to store paper. For example, a 2-inch binder has enough space to store a 2-inch-high stack of documents, which is about the equivalent of 400 pages.
- If you plan on storing small pieces of paper, opt for a file keeper that comes with interior or exterior pockets. These are ideal for receipts, sticky notes and scrap pieces of paper.