Fitzroy & Fox Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set, 3-Piece
Last updated date: July 2, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mixing Bowls and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mixing Bowl you should buy.
Update as July 2, 2020:
Checkout The Best Mixing Bowl for a detailed review of all the top mixing bowls.
The Fitzroy and Fox Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls, 3-Piece comes with 1 1/2-quart, 3-quart and 5-quart bowls. The bowls have an extra wide rolled lip and easy- grip collar, making them a breeze to move around and transport. The non-slip bottom reduces the amount of slipping.
In our analysis of 158 expert reviews, the Fitzroy & Fox Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set, 3-Piece placed 8th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
We love to cook. Just like you. These steel mixing bowls with lids are nearly indestructible, easily cleaned, and won't retain food odors and stains like plastic. They also look great in both the kitchen and dining room with stylish brushed steel exteriors and a polished interior finish. ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED: A comfortable, extra wide rolled lip and easy-grip collar give you exceptional control when mixing or pouring. Stackable lids and bowls save space in your cabinets and accurate measuring marks on the inside of the bowls in both liters and quarts make it easy to scale up your favorite recipes. Anti-slip silicone rubber bottoms grip the counter and stop bowls from sliding. Tight sealing, BPA free bowl covers keep food fresh and safe. Our stainless steel mixing bowl set is dishwasher and freezer safe. Lids should be hand washed or washed on the top rack of the dishwasher on low heat. To get a tight seal, press down firmly in the center of the lid to close. This will “burp” out the air and ensure a great fit. BOWL DIMENSIONS Large Bowl: 5 qt volume, 10 5/16" diameter, 5 1/2" height
Medium Bowl: 3 qt volume, 8 3/4" diameter, 4 1/2" height
Small Bowl: 1 1/2 qt volume, 7 1/8" diameter, 4" height . . Nesting Bowls and Lids Perfect Fit Nesting bowls Save space and keep your things in place and easy to find. Nesting Bowls and Lids Measurements for Baking Non Slip Base for Mixing Tight seal lids Love Cooking Again Love Cooking Again Having a set of bowls you love will help you cook more at once and help keep everything in place.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Mixing Bowls
A mixing bowl is a necessary kitchen tool, akin to a sharp knife or a stable cutting board. However, there are so many different styles and types to choose from. Whether you want a bowl for mixing baking ingredients or tossing a salad, there are several purchasing factors to consider.
The number of bowls you need will depend on what you plan to use them for and the amount of storage space you have. Small bowls that hold about a cup are perfect for whisking a single egg or a small amount of salad dressing. Larger bowls that can hold up to 7 quarts are a great option when you want to do some holiday baking and make several batches of a cookie recipe. Most bowls that are part of a set will nest within each other so you can maximize your storage space.
Mixing bowls are made using different materials. You’ll find glass, metal, wood, plastic and ceramic options on the market. The biggest plus to a glass bowl is that it is non-reactive, so it will not chemically affect the color, taste and texture of your food. Plus, they are microwavable. However, glass bowls can break when dropped.
Metal bowls, on the other hand, are inexpensive, highly durable and lightweight. They can also be used as a double boiler when necessary. However, they are not microwavable. Plus, your mixtures may turn gray or taste metallic if you whisk them too hard in a metal bowl.
Wooden bowls get seasoned over time with each use, so they add unique flavors to your food. However, they don’t often have a smooth interior, which is needed for mixing doughs. Plastic bowls are the most durable out there and are great for transporting foods. However, they can melt when in contact with hot surfaces. Many people also find that plastic absorbs strong smells like garlic. Ceramic bowls usually have intricate designs. They are heavy and minimize movement when mixing. However, they are breakable and prone to chipping.
In addition to taking note of the material, keep in mind the functional elements you’ll need depending on the things you like to cook. Pour spouts are useful for avoiding spills when transferring liquids. If you plan on using your bowls for storage or transportation, you will need a tight-fitting lid. For many cooks, a mixing bowl with a handle is a must. It helps to ensure your bowl is held securely while mixing.
The Mixing Bowl Buying Guide
- The size and number of bowls that come in the mixing bowl set is an important element to consider when purchasing your bowls. Make sure that the set provides you with the sizes you need for your various cooking tasks. The FINEDINE Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls, 6-Piece comes with a range of sizes, including 3/4, 1 1/2, 3, 4, 5 and 8 quarts, adding versatility to your kitchen. The KitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowl Set, 3-Piece offers 2 1/2-quart, 3 1/2-quart and 4 1/2-quart sizes, while the Cuisinart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set, 3-Piece and OXO Good Grips Mixing Bowl Set, 3-Piece both come with 1 1/2 quart, 3-quart and 5-quart bowls.
- The material the bowl is constructed from is of the utmost importance. If you’re often working with delicate ingredients, you may want to steer clear of a metallic bowl that may impart a metallic taste or color to the food. If you want durability and longevity, then glass bowls may not work in your favor. Consider your individual needs when deciding on what kind of mixing bowls you want. The FINEDINE Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls, 6-Piece and the Cuisinart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set, 3-Piece are both made out of stainless steel. On the other hand, the OXO Good Grips Mixing Bowl Set, 3-Piece is made from plastic.
- If you need to mix ingredients vigorously, it’s important to have a mixing bowl that is slip-resistant. That way, your bowls will stay exactly where you want them. The OXO Good Grips Mixing Bowl Set, 3-Piece has a non-slip base that prevents the bowls from moving and slipping while you mix.
- For many cooks, being able to store food in mixing bowls is an important purchasing factor. While you can always put a bit of aluminum foil or plastic wrap over the bowl, those are not as secure as a tight-fitting lid. The Cuisinart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set, 3-Piece comes with a lid for each bowl. Mixtures stay fresh longer when they are sealed with a proprietary lid.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide