FITINDEX Bluetooth Body Fat Monitor Smart Bathroom Scale
Last updated date: April 29, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Body Fat Monitors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Body Fat Monitor you should buy.
Editor's Note April 29, 2021:
Checkout The Best Body Fat Monitor for a detailed review of all the top body fat monitors.
This body fat monitor works in conjunction with the FITINDEX app to give you an overall view of your health. In fact, the scale and app are able to measure and report on 13 different body composition figures, including weight, body mass index, bone mass and skeletal muscle mass. The app is also set up for an unlimited number of uses, so other members of your family can use it as well.
In our analysis of 60 expert reviews, the FITINDEX FITINDEX Bluetooth Body Fat Monitor Smart Bathroom Scale placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The FITINDEX Bluetooth Scale is equipped with four high-precision sensors and four electrodes to ensure a quick and accurate body composition analysis. Surface is made of 5 mm tempered glass; bottom is made of quality ABS plastic.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Body Fat Monitors
Whether you’re interested in losing weight or you simply want to strive for optimal health, a body fat monitor is an excellent tool, as it provides a wealth of information. You can share the measurements with your family doctor and create a plan to improve your overall numbers. The readings also provide accountability and encouragement, which will motivate you to keep up the good work.
As you browse the available body fat monitors on the market, you’ll want to carefully examine the features to ensure the scale has exactly what you need. Checking the weight capacity should be the first thing you do, as some models only go up to 300 pounds, while others are capable of measuring as high as 400 pounds.
Next, review the health apps you have on your phone. Check these against the body monitor’s product packaging to ensure they are compatible. Most monitors can be synced with certain health apps. For example, the REDOVER Bluetooth Smart Body Fat Scale works with Fitbit, Google Fit and Apple Health.
Talk with the members of your family to determine how many of them are interested in using the body fat monitor. Some models allow for just one profile, models that offer between four and eight profiles and models that have no limit on the number of profiles you can create. There are even monitors that permit users to share data with family and friends who don’t live in the home.
Consider the number of measurements the baby fat monitor can assess. Some units only provide seven measurements, but others, like the RENPHO Bluetooth Smart Body Fat Scale, have a total of 13. Body fat, visceral fat, weight, BMI, skeletal muscle, resting metabolism and body age are just a few of the measurements most monitors are equipped to report.
Determine how the body fat monitor works. Some simply require you to stand on a scale. Some models work a bit differently. With these models, users must hold a bar that is attached to the scale while an electrical current passes from their hands to their feet.
Look for any extras that the body fat monitor may have to offer. For example, some units come with a pregnancy tracker, a baby mode for measuring younger children, a nutrition tracker and a weather forecast.
The Body Fat Monitor Buying Guide
- Body fat monitors are never meant to replace physicals and health assessments with your family physician. You can share the information you glean from the monitor with your doctor, but your doctor will know you and your body best, so always follow his or her advice.
- Setting up more than one profile with certain body fat monitors may be confusing for some. Expect a slight learning curve as you set up and begin using the monitor and its many features.
- Some reviewers report a slight fluctuation in weight readings, so you may want to get on the scale a few times to make sure it is accurate.
- Batteries may not be included with the purchase. Additionally, some monitors have a short battery life, so it might be best to stock up on extra batteries.
- Bring your cell phone close to the body fat monitor when you’re ready to transfer information from your apps.
- Not all fitness apps are compatible with all body fat monitors. Make sure you check the monitor’s product label to determine whether your fitness app is supported or not.
- For accuracy, the baby monitor must be placed on a flat surface.
- Readings are best taken first thing in the morning before eating breakfast or taking a shower. If you need to get a reading during the day, wait at least two hours after eating to get on the monitor.
- Individuals who have a pacemaker implanted medical device or who are pregnant should not use body fat monitors that have an electrical current.
- Before purchasing a body fat monitor, check the company’s customer service rating. You want to be able to call for help if the product’s instruction manual is difficult to understand.
- The cost of body fat monitors varies based on the type of features it offers. The RENPHO Bluetooth Smart Body Fat Scale and the REDOVER Bluetooth Smart Body Fat Scale are on the lower end of the price scale, as they have the basic features you’ll find in most models. Other scales are pricier because they use a unique bioelectrical impedance method to get accurate readings or feature an included pregnancy tracker and a baby mode for monitoring small children.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide