Fisher-Price On-The-Go Baby Dome
Last updated: June 1, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Baby Registry Products and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Baby Registry Product you should buy.
You'll never leave home without this baby registry gift, which serves as a napping spot and play area in one. The dome features sun protection to help keep your baby safe. The mattress cover is both comfortable and removable, making it easy to keep clean. In our testing, we found that it packed up quickly and easily.In our analysis of 68 expert reviews, the Fisher-Price On-The-Go Baby Dome placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Baby feels right at home in the dome! That’s because it features a comfy pad for your little one to nap on or play on and a canopy that protects baby from sun and bugs. The canopy fabric has UPF20 protection which provides a UV shield. Use it indoors or out! Two colorful toys dangle overhead to encourage eye tracking. The toys can be removed and placed within baby’s reach for exploring the textures. And when you’re ready to pick up and go again, just fold the dome and use the handles to take it with you! It’s a great take-along for camping, picnics, a day at the beach, play dates, or a visit to grandma’s house. Where development comes into play Security & Happiness: Soft padding and sun blocking visor help baby feel secure when away from home. Fine Motor: Dome includes link toys that will keep baby busy while strengthening and developing fine motor skills.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Parenting Pro and Safe-Sleep Expert
Kate Desmond is a writer and infant safe-sleep expert. She has spent the last eight years working as the marketing director for Charlie’s Kids Foundation, a nonprofit that aims to educate families about SIDS and safe sleep. In that role, she travels around the country learning and educating caregivers and providers on the latest and greatest safe-sleep information to prevent infant death.
As mom to two elementary-aged daughters, she spends hours researching the best and safest products for her own kids. She is quick to get in the weeds with other mamas, and uses humor to cope with parenting woes from potty-training to teaching kids to read.
Baby Registry Product Rankings
Baby showers are an important rite of passage, whether you’re the expecting parent or you’re gearing up to celebrate the pregnancy of a friend or relative. Baby registries make the whole process easier, ensuring baby gets the right products while also keeping gift-givers from having to guess.
But if you’re preparing your baby registry, you may feel overwhelmed by the many choices out there. There are a few items that tend to rise to the top of parents’ lists, though, whether for their value in keeping baby happy, healthy, comfortable or safe. But there are some important things to look for as you’re building your registry that can make shopping easier.
Technology is becoming a more dominant aspect of children’s products. If you’re considering an item that promises mobile app connectivity, it’s important to make sure the app is available for your type of device. Some may only work for Android or iOS, so check before you add something to your registry.
Safety will be top of mind once baby arrives, so make sure there are a few items on your list that will give you the peace you need. Items that could shatter, break or otherwise come apart and hurt your infant are a no-go, as are items with small parts that can easily be accidentally swallowed. You’ll also want to keep an eye on your little one around the clock, so products like baby monitors are always popular on baby registries.
“Don’t be afraid to add big-ticket items,” Kate Desmond, an infant safe-sleep expert and mom of two children, says. “Many of your relatives and friends, including grandparents, can’t wait to spoil your little bundle of joy.”
She lists a pack and play, bassinet, car seat, stroller, breast pump (if your health insurance doesn’t cover the cost, as many do!) and even a crib among the more expensive items she’d recommend including on a registry.
Convenience is also a consideration. Check into the cleaning instructions for any product you add to your registry, whether it’s fabric you can toss in the washing machine or toys you can wipe clean. If you want items to be dishwasher safe, look for that feature as well. Being able to pop a bottle or pacifier into your dishwasher before you run a load will be very valuable during those hectic early months.
“Don’t be afraid to add things that seem really personal,” Desmond shares. “My hands-free pumping bra is still one of the best and weirdest gifts I have ever received. ”
She says to consider adding products to your registry that your baby will need as he or she grows, such as sippy cups or books.
Finally, if you have a diaper brand preference use, your registry to indicate that, Desmond advises.
“You wouldn’t want to receive a whole bunch of Huggies, when you really wanted Pampers for your little one,” she says.
- You’ve probably already heard that sleep is at a premium once a baby arrives in your life. The Hatch Baby Rest Sound Machine and Night Light can help with that, providing soft light and pleasing audio to soothe your baby to sleep. Best of all, this device can grow with your child, providing alarm functionality in addition to the night light and white noise that’s always welcome in children’s bedrooms.
- One of the best things about the Hatch Baby Rest Sound Machine and Night Light is the quality of the sound. You won’t get that disruptive clipping noise that comes with cheaper sound machines that put the audio on a loop.
- Every household with infants needs to keep a thermometer on hand. Some thermometers use infrared technology to provide accurate results. There’s also a built-in optional alarm with some models that will alert you if your little one’s temperature reaches fever levels.
- Keeping an eye on your baby will be extra important in those early months. Consider a car mirror that easily attaches to a rear seat to let you see your baby every time you look in your rearview mirror. Your baby will be able to see you as well, which can keep that all-important connection going when you’re on the road. Most of these mirrors are both simple to install and easily adjustable.
- For taking your infant on the go, a baby dome can be a great option. It serves as both a handy napping space and play area when on the go. The mattress is padded to keep baby comfortable throughout the day.
- When you’re shopping for products to add to your registry, you’ll notice more baby products than ever interact with your favorite mobile devices. The Hatch Baby Rest Sound Machine and Night Light is one of those items, enabling control through your smartphone or tablet. That means if you need to adjust the light or sound in the middle of the night, you won’t have to sneak into your child’s bedroom. Just pull up the app on your iOS or Android device, and you’ll be all set.
- In addition to its wakeup alarm, the Hatch Baby Rest Sound Machine and Night Light also lets you program the light to change colors at certain times throughout the night.
- Another handy feature on some baby thermometers is a backlight that changes color based on the body temperature it detects. A red light means that your child’s body has reached a temperature that needs action.
- Occasionally, you’ll need to wash the mattress pad on the Fisher-Price On-The-Go Baby Dome to keep it clean. The pad easily comes off so you can wash it.
- Safety will always be top priority with any baby product. Always check for safety features and watch for product recalls.