FGO Organic Freeze-Dried Superfood Acai Powder, 4-Ounce
Last updated date: May 5, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Acai and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Acai you should buy.
Sourced from acai berries that have been imported from Brazil, FGO Organic Acai Powder, 4-Ounce is freeze dried to allow you to store it for a while without worrying about it going bad. It is certified organic by the USDA and free of antioxidants. The berries are imported from the Brazilian Amazon and are both natural and raw. In our analysis of 39 expert reviews, the FGO FGO Organic Acai Powder, 4-Ounce placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 5, 2020:
Checkout The Best Acai for a detailed review of all the top acai.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
ORGANIC FREEZE-DRIED ACAI POWDER (EUTERPE OLERACEA MART) - 4 Ounce Value Size (113g). IMPORTED 100% RAW FROM THE BRAZILIAN AMAZON - Our acai is loaded with antioxidants that help you live healthy and feel good. HEALTHY & DELICIOUS - Added to a fresh morning smoothie, stirred into a healthy acai yogurt bowl or added to your favorite dessert recipe. CERTIFIED USDA ORGANIC - All our products are certified USDA Organic by California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF), a leader in organic certification. Look for the USDA Organic seal on our products! LOVE IT OR YOUR MONEY BACK - If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase of our Acai for any reason, just email us and we'll refund your order in full, no questions asked!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Acai
Acai berries have become popular health supplements in recent years. Known as a superfood, these berries are rich in antioxidants, fiber, heart-healthy fats and calcium. Each of these nutrients is a great addition to your daily diet for a variety of reasons, including:
- Antioxidants—When the body processes food, cells produce substances known as free radicals. But in some instances, the body can’t remove them efficiently, and this leads to something called oxidative stress. Some studies have linked oxidative stress to issues like heart disease, cancer and arthritis, among other health problems.
- Fiber—You probably already know that fiber in your diet helps keep you regular, but that isn’t the only It also feeds gut bacteria, helping keep your digestive tract healthy.
- Heart-healthy fats—Heart disease is a leading killer. Both monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats are known as “good fats” and help reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Calcium—Calcium is one of the most important nutrients you can incorporate into your diet. Not only does it help your hair and nails grow, but it also boosts the release of hormones and strengthens your bones and teeth.
Before you add acai berry to your diet, though, you need to pay close attention to the fruit’s negative side. The primary warning comes from a chemical found in acai berry called theobromine, which is found in chocolate and tea plant leaves. Theobromine can cause side effects in some people, including insomnia, restlessness, headaches and gastrointestinal upset.
As with any food item, there is also the possibility you might be allergic to acai berry. Watch carefully for any signs of a reaction when you first try acai berry. Those undergoing cancer treatments are also warned that acai berry can interfere with chemotherapy, so if you’re going through this type of treatment, set them aside until you’re finished.
DWYM Fun Fact
Sure, acai berry supplements can be pricey, but there’s a reason. The berries grow in palm trees that can grow to be more than 60 feet tall. That means someone has to climb to that level, adding an element of danger to the process. The danger doesn’t end once they’ve been harvested. Since the berries are shipped by boat, there’s a risk of spoiling, so often they’re freeze-dried, adding yet another challenge to the process. But that also explains why you don’t find acai berries in the produce section of the grocery store. They’re sold in powder form or in the freezer section after having made the long trek overseas.
The Acai Buying Guide
- There are multiple ways you can get acai berries into your diet on a regular basis. You can buy juices or bowls that already have them mixed in, or you can buy the powder and mix it in with your favorite foods.
- In powder form, acai berry can be easily added to smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt or any other food you want to try with it.
- You can also buy acai berry in capsule form. This comes in handy if you don’t want to make a meal out of it.
- Most acai berry powders prioritize safe ingredients. You can find powders that are organic, vegan, non-GMO and gluten-free. If you have food allergies, make sure your chosen powder not only doesn’t include irritants but that it isn’t manufactured in a factory that has those products. This applies to capsules, as well.
- It isn’t enough for a supplement manufacturer to merely state on its packaging that it’s safe and natural. Make sure this has been verified by a valid third party.
- Another claim to watch out for is the statement that a capsule provides a higher concentration of acai berry than you’d get with typical options. Unless they’re fully disclosing what their concentrate is, it’s tough to substantiate that claim.
- For the capsule option, in addition to looking for the usual safe ingredients, look for capsules that are vegetarian if you’re following a special diet.
- Capsules can sometimes have a taste. A tasteless option will likely be more palatable for something you’ll be taking every day.
- Freshness can be an issue with powders. Make sure you’re ordering a powder that comes in a resealable package. If not, set plans ahead of time to transfer the powder to packaging that will help keep it fresh. Freeze-dried acai berries can create a powder that will stay fresh even after being stored a while.