FENUN 5-Watt Mosquito Trap
Last updated date: July 26, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mosquito Traps and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mosquito Trap you should buy.
Update as July 26, 2021:
Checkout The Best Mosquito Traps for a detailed review of all the top mosquito traps.
Using a combination of changing light frequencies and simulating human body temperature, this 5-watt trap can be operated off of a laptop or even a power bank. The light and heat lure the mosquitoes away from people and pets and toward the silent fan and glue boards.
In our analysis, the FENUN FENUN 5-Watt Mosquito Trap placed 5th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Easy to operate, you only need to press catching button, and the mosquito trap will start working. Press catching button and light button to enter smart band change mode with 7 wavelengths in total. It can simulates human body temperature to emit heat to further enhance the trapping ability. Suitable to put the mosquito trap indoor such as bedroom, living room. 5-watt low power trap is for saving energy, with 4-ft power cable, so you can put it wherever you want.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Mosquito Traps
Mosquito traps come in a variety of sizes and types, from traditional electric grid “zapper” models to silent traps that use light, chemicals, heat or other lures to draw insects away from humans. Many mosquito traps also work on other pests, such as gnats or flies.
A popular type of trap uses hyacinthine light to attract mosquitoes. Hyacinthine light is a very specific range of wavelength (365 to 395 nanometers) within the ultraviolet range (100 to 400 nanometers), named for resembling the hyacinth flower’s natural color.
Mosquitoes primarily see in the wavelength of 395 nanometers (nm), so a trap using this light will result in a more efficient and targeted mosquito trap. If you select a trap that uses an electrical grid to kill insects, it’s recommended to get one with at least 4,000 volts to completely kill any insect it attracts.
Mosquito traps operate best at roughly 7 feet off the ground to ensure they are out of reach of children and still within range of low-flying insects.
The Mosquito Trap Buying Guide
- If you have pets or children, make sure to look for safety features on traps so that they can’t touch any electrical elements or chemicals used in the trap.
- Health codes for professional kitchens state that insect-trapping devices should be located away from food storage and preparation areas so that insect debris does not get into food. Even if you’re not running a professional kitchen, this is still a consideration when placing traps.
- Place the trap roughly 30 feet away from the area you plan to sit to draw pests away from you.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide