Farnsworth & Loyd Stainless Steel Espresso Cups, Set of 4
Last updated date: February 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Espresso Cups and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Espresso Cup you should buy.
Editor's Note August 26, 2020:
Checkout The Best Espresso Cup for a detailed review of all the top espresso cups.
In our analysis of 32 expert reviews, the Farnsworth & Loyd Farnsworth & Loyd Stainless Steel Espresso Cups, Set of 4 placed 11th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Farnsworth & Lloyd set out to build a set of espresso cups that were handsome, functional, durable, and affordable. After exploring the other espresso cup sets available we knew we could do better. We needed espresso cups that could look good and work well in the office or at home. The Demitasses had to be insulated, but not bulky or fragile. Finally, the set of espresso cups must be affordable without being cheap - something you could confidently purchase for yourself or offer as a gift. We think we have achieved that with the Farnsworth & Lloyd Stainless Steel Double Wall Espresso Cups, 2-Ounce, Set of 4 Black Espresso Cups.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Espresso Cups
Espresso cups are more than just tiny coffee cups. There are several details to look for when shopping for the best espresso cup for your kitchen.
The first factor to consider is the size of the cups. A demitasse, which means half-cup in French, holds 2 to 3 fluid ounces. An espresso doppio normale is essentially a double shot, which fits best in a 3.5- to 4-ounce cup. Choosing the smallest container possible based on your beverage preference is best, as the crema will spread out and disappear more quickly in a larger cup.
Next, pay attention to insulation and the materials used in the cups. Glass cups with double walls keep beverages hot while preventing the outside of the container from burning your fingers. Alternatively, white ceramic mugs are a clean, classic addition to any coffee bar.
Finally, notice any added features that could make one set of espresso cups stand out over another. Handles can make holding your drink more comfortable. A collection that includes extras, such as spoons and saucers, provides all you need to create a cafe experience at home. A storage rack keeps the cups tidy and accessible.
Considering what is important to and appeals to you will help you select the best option.
The Espresso Cup Buying Guide
- Some espresso aficionados say that a hot espresso cup enhances the enjoyment of the beverage. You can preheat your espresso cups before using them by filling them with boiling water and dumping it out just before pulling a shot.
- Even if an espresso cup is marked as safe for everything from the dishwasher to the microwave, never pour hot liquids into a cold glass or ceramic cup and never add cold liquid to a hot cup. The sudden contraction or expansion could cause the cup to shatter.
- Consider handwashing glass or delicate ceramic espresso cups. Although they might be dishwasher-safe, the small size and fragile composition make them susceptible to breaking, especially if they hit against another item in the dishwasher.
- In addition, some consumers report that putting double wall glass cups in the dishwasher leaves them cloudy due to condensation between the walls.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide