Fab totes Reinforced Handle Collapsible Book Storage Boxes, 3-Pack
Last updated date: March 11, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Book Storage Boxes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Book Storage Box you should buy.
Update as March 10, 2023:
Checkout The Best Book Storage Box for a detailed review of all the top book storage boxes.
You'll get not one, not two, but three book storage boxes when you opt for this set. Each is constructed using a stylish fabric and outfitted with strong handles made from rope. Use the bins to neatly organize everything from baby albums to nursery rhymes story books to wooden puzzles.
In our analysis, the Fab totes Fab totes Reinforced Handle Collapsible Book Storage Boxes, 3-Pack placed 2nd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Premium Fabric: The storage bins are made of stiff cardboard on the bottom and all sides walls so that the organization bins stand on their own, even when empty. Durable and sturdy materials ensure that these storage containers are strong and long-lasting. Spacious Capacity: Fabtotes storage basket measures 15″ x 10″ x 9.5″. This large size enables you to store a wide variety of items to keep your home tidy and organized. Reinforced Handle: The bins for organization come with two sturdy rope handles made of soft rope to easily pull or lift the bin. The organizer bin is stitched with a metal ring where the handle is connected to ensure durability and tear resistance. The handle may also be removed. Collapsible Design: The fabric storage cubes can be folded flat when not in use to save space or transport. Fabric baskets are easy to clean, simply dust with a soft dry cloth. Multi-Purpose: The basket organizer is a perfect option for organizing toys, magazines & books, CDs, clothes & towels. The collapsible storage cubes can be easily stored in closets, drawers, shelves, etc.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Book Storage Boxes
Books are precious commodities. Whether it’s your home library or your children’s favorite picture books, you want a way to keep them safe when they aren’t in use. At the very least, you may eventually need to pack your books up and move them, which requires the appropriate storage box.
If you’ll be storing your books for any length of time, though, the best box likely isn’t a box at all. Storage containers will help keep moisture at bay and reduce the risk that your books will suffer light exposure, which can make chemical changes on paper, leather and cloth.
You might be surprised to hear, though, that there’s a good reason books are typically stored in bookcases. Airflow is good for books. It keeps the pages dry, reducing the risk that pages will become brittle due to humidity exposure. Ideally, you’ll store your books in an interior room so that sunlight and heat won’t affect their pages.
Both plastic and cardboard will work for storing your books short term. Plastic bins that seal up completely can prevent outside humidity and moisture from seeping in. But, if you go that route, you’ll need to make extra sure there’s no lingering moisture when you place your books inside, since that airtight seal will also ensure any moisture inside can’t get out. Silica gel packets can help give you a little extra protection. For long-term storage, consider acid-free archival boxes and make sure you keep your books in a dry, dark, temperature-controlled location.
The Book Storage Box Buying Guide
- Many storage containers come with lids. If you choose this option, make sure the lids seal up tight, both to keep moisture out and to ensure the lid doesn’t come off while you’re carrying the box. Easy-carry handles can come in handy for moving your boxes from one place to another.
- Multiple containers or boxes will probably need to be stacked for the most efficient storage. Look for containers or boxes with lids that easily fit together, so you can put boxes on top of each other.
- If you’ve decided to get a cardboard box for your books, look for corrugated cardboard. This is stronger than regular cardboard, so it’ll hold more books. You can also find cardboard boxes made from recycled material if you’re concerned about eco-friendliness.
- While they’re in storage, you’ll occasionally need to track down one or more of the books you’ve packed away. Some containers are clear so you can see internal contents, and others are made for easy labeling of their contents. Be as specific as possible when you’re labeling; you may be grateful later when you’re searching for a book.
- One thing to consider is how heavy books can get when packed into a box, especially hardcovers. You’ll want to limit the number of books you stuff into each box.
- Before you buy a storage container, you may wish to measure your valuable books and make sure they’ll fit inside. Some containers may work better if you lay books flat, while others may allow you to insert them vertically.
- It’s important to do everything you can to prevent mold and mildew during storage. You’ll want your books to be completely dry before you box them up. Don’t wrap the books in plastic since that can trap moisture and cause problems. You’ll also want to avoid wrapping them up in newspaper since the print can rub off on the books. Instead, consider using archival paper.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide