F40C4TMP Magnetic Door Portable Fridge, 20-Quart
Last updated date: November 23, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Portable Fridges and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Portable Fridge you should buy.
Update as November 23, 2021:
Checkout The Best Portable Fridge for a detailed review of all the top portable fridges.
Choose from two capacity options: 20 or 24 quarts. This portable fridge looks like a cooler chest for frozen or chilled items. It's energy-efficient and features a magnetic door. Choose from maximum cooling or energy-saving modes.
In our analysis of 16 expert reviews, the F40C4TMP Magnetic Door Portable Fridge, 20-Quart placed 1st when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
KEEP ICE CREAM FROZEN WITH COMPRESSOR: 2 in 1-a car refrigerator and freezer (Range from -7.6℉~50℉). With a powerful compressor, the portable fridge in an empty can cool down to 32℉ within 30 minutes and reach the lowest -7.6℉ about an hour. The car fridge has two cooling modes to choose from MAX(fast cooling) and ECO(energy saving). There is no need to buy ice, and you can keep ice cream frozen and store fresh food like cheese, drinks, vegetables, beer, and snacks. PROVEN MAGNETIC DOOR: Compared with the lid that needs to be press, the magnetic door of the F40C4TMP portable refrigerator has better sealing performance and durability. No need to worry about the leakage of cold air caused by the door is not closed tightly. MUITI-FUNCTIONAL DESIGN: H/M/L three-level battery protection can protect the car battery from draining.45W low energy consumption, the 12V car freezer consumes less than 1 kWh per day. The LED display panel can help you set the temperature in a dimly lit environment. You can charge your phone when needed with the USB charging port. 20 QUART REFRIGERATOR FOR CAMPING AND HOME: Capacity: 20 Quart(18L); External dimensions: 22.68*12.6*11.3 Inches. This 20-qt dc fridge will fit snugly in your trunk, behind a car seat, or in the bed of a truck. You can take a 12V compressor fridge to any outdoor activity without worrying about bumpy roads or inclines. The car fridge is perfect for Tesla Model 3, RVs, campsites, boats, camping, road trips, and home use.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Portable Fridges
If you’re looking for a way to keep foods chilled or frozen, a portable fridge serves as a flexible option for both at home and on the go. You can take one of these small appliances with you and use its multiple power options. Therefore, they’re suitable for activities such as camping and boating. They can also keep foods cold if you have a power outage or just need more space in addition to your main fridge.
Think about what you’ll store in your portable fridge so you can choose the right design and capacity. Some portable fridges resemble very small refrigerators with a few shelves inside and are lighter weight for easier transport. These work best for items such as cans, bottles, medicines, snacks and cosmetics. Larger portable fridges are bulkier and look more like camping coolers with a single compartment. These can fit many more items and work well for bringing meals and drinks along for a trip.
The temperature ranges for portable fridges vary, so you’ll want to consider whether you need to keep items chilled or frozen. Many options have temperature settings for flexibility and list their temperature ranges. For example, most can work as either coolers or freezers, although some even offer the option to keep already-cooked items warm. Keep in mind that the practical temperature range of the item also depends on where you use the freezer.
You’ll want to consider power sources. Most refrigerators will have power adapters for plugging the fridge into a regular home outlet or your vehicle’s cigarette lighter, where it can draw energy from a running engine. You may also be able to plug the portable fridge into another power supply like a generator or battery power station.
Other features might be helpful in your portable fridge. For example, you might consider getting one with a magnetic door for more security, or you might prefer an eco-friendly model that uses less electricity. You can also find portable fridges that run very quietly.
The Portable Fridge Buying Guide
- Always keep your portable fridge closed as much as possible and use any latches provided. Otherwise, your items are at risk of deviating from the desired temperature, which can affect both quality and safety.
- If you’ll use your portable fridge outside, place it away from sunlight when possible so that it can be more efficient in keeping your items at the right temperature.
- To keep your portable fridge running longer when you’re away from home, consider external power options like hooking it up to a portable generator. You could also use solar panels with enough wattage to power your portable fridge while you’re camping, boating or otherwise away from a power outlet.
- When using the fridge in hotter areas, consider using a portable fridge cover that can help with insulation and thus allow for better performance in more extreme conditions.
- Note that a refrigerator may be able to keep food warm due to its insulating properties, but it won’t heat your items for you.
- If you want to keep your portable fridge cleaner, avoid storing loose food in it. Instead, use closed containers so there’s less chance that things will spill.
- To save power and keep foods frozen, stick with a temperature just a little below freezing rather than use the lowest temperature your portable fridge supports.
- Always check the packaging of food to check whether it needs to stay refrigerated or frozen for safety reasons. Also, check medicine or cosmetics packaging to see if there’s a recommended temperature range.
- Choose a fridge style with shelves, rather than a chest-style one, if you want more organization and accessibility options.
- When organizing your portable fridge, put items you’ll use last near the bottom or back, and put the ones you use the most up front or on top. Not only is this more convenient for you, it increases the fridge’s performance because you can reduce the amount of time the lid needs to stay open.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide