EZ Melts Blueberry Sublingual Vitamins Zinc Supplement, 60-Count
Last updated: November 28, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Zinc Supplements and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Zinc Supplement you should buy.
If you have trouble swallowing pills but still want the benefits of a zinc supplement, then this bottle may be your answer. Simply pop the tablet in your mouth, and it will immediately begin dissolving. The best part about this zinc supplement is that they are free of sugar and contain only natural plant-based ingredients.In our analysis of 15 expert reviews, the EZ Melts Blueberry Sublingual Vitamins Zinc Supplement, 60-Count placed 4th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Zinc supports healthy digestive and immune system function. Promotes protein synthesis and healthy hormone levels. Supports skin health and cellular renewal. 60 fast melting tablets with “Blueberry Blast” flavor. Zinc oxide chewable mineral vitamin supplement. MADE IN THE USA: Zero Sugar, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, Natural Flavors, Natural Sweeteners, Natural Colors.
Our Expert Consultant
Gastroenterologist and adjunct assistant professor at Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine
He is a graduate of the Medical University of Silesia-Hope Medical Institute in Poland. After completing his residency in internal medicine at Lenox Hill Hospital, he was selected to be the 2013‐2014 Chief Resident at Lenox Hill Hospital–Northshore LIJ Health System. Dr. Sonpal completed his fellowship in gastroenterology and hepatology at Lenox Hill Hospital and continues his work in the field of medical-student and resident-test preparation. He now serves as the associate program director for the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Brookdale University medical center.
He is also the co‐author of several medical test prep books and serves as the chief operating officer for Medquest Test Prep and director of medical education for Picmonic Test Prep.
Zinc Supplement Rankings
Unless you eat a lot of oysters (there are 32 mg of zinc per six oysters), you’ll most likely need to increase the consumption of this important mineral through a supplement. If your body ends up becoming deficient in zinc, you’ll experience such symptoms as diarrhea, weakened immune system, skin rashes, thinning hair, declining vision, wounds that just won’t heal and messed up taste buds.
“Zinc is considered an essential nutrient, meaning that your body can’t produce or store it,” says Dr. Niket Sonpal, a gastroenterologist based in New York City. “Zinc is a part of over 100 biochemical processes ranging from the immune system to your wound healing.”
As with any supplement, it’s important to speak with your doctor first so that you can discuss the right fit for your needs, says Dr. Sonpal.
“Zinc supplements can lead to dangerous side effects, so it’s important to stick to recommendations and only take supplements when necessary,” he says. “Your doctor can tell you when it is necessary.”
When shopping for a zinc supplement, there are a few things you’ll want to look for. First, review the nutrition label to determine what additional vitamins and minerals are added to the zinc supplement. You’ll be able to narrow down your options to the one that provides the health benefits you are looking for.
For example, the Optimum Nutrition Recovery Endurance Supplement (180 ct) also contains vitamin B6 for energy. This would be a good choice if you tend to feel sluggish throughout the day, or you’re looking for additional energy to workout. Others have large doses of vitamin C to further boost your immune system. You may want to consider one of those supplements during cold and flu season.
Consider how easy the supplement is to take. Many come in pill form. So if you have trouble swallowing pills, check the size of zinc tablet before making a purchase. To avoid pills altogether, you can opt for the EZ Melts Sublingual Vitamins Blueberry (60 ct), which are designed to melt right in your mouth. You don’t even need to drink any water. The best part is the zinc supplement is flavored with blueberries, so you’ll actually look forward to taking it each day.
Look for any additives on the product label, including sugar, preservatives, sweeteners and dyes. There are plenty of all-natural zinc supplements on the market that are free of the fillers you don’t need. Consider supplements that are vegan-friendly, non-GMO and manufactured in a state-of-the-art natural products facility to ensure you’re only consuming top-quality ingredients. There are also other zinc supplements on the market that are gluten-free if you have a gluten intolerance.
Use a zinc supplement that is easy on the stomach, especially if you tend to have gastrointestinal issues. Some options come with a blend of enzymes and probiotics that are designed to promote a healthy gut. You can take the tablets on an empty stomach without the worry of experiencing discomfort later.
- Diabetics will need to check the nutrition label to determine if sugar was added to the supplement.
- Supplements are not regulated by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA), so be aware that not all of the health claims made by the company selling the zinc supplement are guaranteed to be benefits you experience.
- Never store your zinc supplements in the bathroom, as there is too much moisture. It’s best to keep vitamins and minerals in a cool dry location when not in use. You’ll also want to choose a spot that is high enough that your pets and children can’t reach. Even if the product is all-natural, it can still have ill effects when taken in excess, especially by a child or small animal. Keep in mind that some supplements look like candy to little ones. If you have a cabinet with a lock, that’s even better.
- Consider dividing your supplements up in a pillbox with daily compartments. Some even have compartments for AM and PM, should your zinc supplement need to be taken twice per day. This way, if you think you forgot to take your tablets for the day, you can check the pillbox to see if you did indeed take them, or you still need to.
- When comparing price, don’t just look at how many capsules are in the bottle. You need to take into account the serving size to determine how long the bottle will last. For example, the Optimum Nutrition Recovery Endurance Supplement (180 ct) requires consumers to take three capsules per day. That means the bottle will last 60 days. Since the EZ Melts Sublingual Vitamins Blueberry (60 ct) only has a serving size of one tablet, it will also last 60 days.