Expert Travel Hanging Travel Toiletry Bag
Last updated date: February 3, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Toiletry Bags and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Toiletry Bag you should buy.
The handle on the Expert Travel Hanging Travel Toiletry Bag makes it great for carrying separately, but it's also small enough to slide into a suitcase. One of the most appealing things about this toiletry bag is that you can hang it on a hook or other object, and then open it up to access the items in each compartment. The collapsible nature of this bag makes it portable enough for travel without sacrificing convenience. In our analysis of 55 expert reviews, the Expert Travel Expert Travel Hanging Travel Toiletry Bag placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 17, 2019:
Checkout The Best Toiletry Bag for a detailed review of all the top toiletry bags.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
When we designed this product, we wanted to bring you more than just a hanging toiletry bag. While the Expert Travel does an amazing job at that, it also functions as a travel makeup bag, cosmetic bag, bathroom and shower organizer, hygiene bag, and much more. The multiple compartments allow you to easily organize all of your toiletries, make up/cosmetics, and bathroom products. Plus, the bottom pocket is detachable in case you just want to bring a few essentials with you when traveling instead of the whole bag. We also wanted a toiletry bag for men and women, so we went with a unisex design as well as a multitude of colors to choose from. IMPORTANT UPDATE: As of July 1st, 2018, we completely redesigned our toiletry bag to bring our customers exactly what you asked for. ALL REVIEWS LEFT PRIOR TO JULY 1ST 2018 ARE BASED ON THE OLD DESIGN. Updates we made: We added YKK zippers (the best zippers on the market), thicker plastic for the pockets (to enhance the durability and leak-proof aspect), and also expanded the pockets/bag overall to hold more items. There's no doubt in our mind that we now have the best hanging toiletry bag on Amazon. We even stand behind it with a lifetime warranty; that's how confident we are!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Toiletry Bags
Whether you’re heading out of town on a business trip or on the vacation you’ve been dreaming about all year, a toiletry bag is a must. Instead of tossing cosmetics, lotions and other small essentials into a suitcase or tote, you’ll have a handy pouch that you can slip inside one of your larger bags.
There are several things to consider when shopping for a toiletry bag. One of the most important is whether or not it will contain any leaks that happen in transit. Toiletry bags typically hold items like shampoo, body wash and shaving cream — all things that can create a mess in your suitcase. The best toiletry bags can contain the leak to minimize damage.
Nylon bags tend to be better at dealing with liquid and containing spills, but there’s no denying the appeal of leather. Whatever material you choose for your toiletry bag, make sure there’s an interior lining that will not only contain spills, but will also be easy to wipe clean when it eventually gets dirty.
Portability is also important. Some toiletry bags are more compact than others, making them easier to slip into suitcases. However, if you plan to carry your toiletry bag separately, a handle can be very useful. It’s important to find a bag that has an interior roomy enough for all your items while also being small enough to be easy to take with you.
While most modern toiletry bags have a little flexibility, consider whether the bag you choose will be able to bend a little if, say, you have an especially long trip ahead of you. Being able to squeeze just one more item in may make a big difference down the road. Some toiletry bags have so many compartments, you’re locked into just one configuration, while others allow you to stuff in as many items as you need.
DWYM Fun Fact
When it comes to packing for a trip, efficiency is key. The more you can utilize every square inch of space in your luggage, the lighter you can travel. That can mean significant savings on checked baggage fees or more space in your trunk if you’re driving. Tools like compression packing cubes can help you squeeze your clothing into smaller square footage, freeing up room for your shoes and toiletry bag. You should also wear your bulkiest footwear, like sneakers or boots, and pack lightweight shoes like sandals and dress flats. Consider investing in small storage containers for your toiletries, even if you won’t be taking them through airport security. A small container will take up far less room than your entire bottle of shampoo.
The Toiletry Bag Buying Guide
- When it comes to design, toiletry bags can vary dramatically. Often this is a matter of personal preference, but it’s important to know all your options before you buy. Some toiletry bags zip up and make a simple rectangular case, great for sliding into a bag. Others have handles that let you carry them around or hang them on a hook. You’ll also have the option of a leather toiletry bag, which is not only attractive, but also lightweight and durable.
- Since you’ll likely be squeezing your toiletry bag into your luggage, portability can be an important consideration. Pay particular attention to the dimensions of each bag, and try to get the maximum interior space in the most compact format. Most toiletry bags have pockets and compartments, so what appeals to someone who plans to tote around makeup will be completely different from what appeals to someone who plans to squeeze in shampoo bottles and electric razors.
- Some toiletry bags also have detachable pockets, which will be very useful if you just need to take a few things along with you for the day.
- Leaks are inevitable when it comes to toiletries, so look for a bag that can hold up even under exposure. Nylon bags tend to do better in these situations than those made from leather, but what’s most important is the interior. Make sure your bag is lined so that any spills are contained.
- No matter how neat you are, a toiletry bag will eventually display stains and dirt buildup. Nylon tends to be easier to wipe off so that you can easily keep going, but make sure the interior of the bag you choose is easy to clean, as well.
- Perhaps the most important thing to look at as you’re shopping is the interior design of a bag. Some are roomy enough to hold full-size containers, while others will require you to buy travel-size bottles for your toiletries. If you plan to store a large number of makeup brushes, a toiletry bag with compartments specifically for that will likely be the best choice.