Evelots Jumbo Double Sided Door Draft Stopper
Last updated date: August 13, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Door Draft Stoppers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Door Draft Stopper you should buy.
In our analysis of 56 expert reviews, the Evelots Evelots Jumbo Double Sided Door Draft Stopper placed 10th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 19, 2020:
Checkout The Best Door Draft Stopper for a detailed review of all the top door draft stoppers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Save Energy & Money With Our Jumbo Draft Stopper Our jumbo draft stopper conveniently moves with your door - no need to constantly bend down to re-position! It is the perfect solution to help insulate your home during any season! During the fridged winters the draft stopper will help seal those drafty doors and keep the heat in. Excellent on those hot humid summer days to help keep your cool air in. Stop wasting your hard earned money on increasingly high heating and air conditioning bills. This multi-purpose draft stopper also works great for drowning out noises. Very useful in dorm rooms and areas you would like to keep quite. Seals openings to block dust, dirt, and odors from entering. The waterproof material creates a barrier that will protect your home through all seasons. Measures approximately 36"L with two 2"diameter tubes on either side providing double the protection. Works With Any Floor Surface Works smoothly on any floor surface including tile, wood, vinyl, and carpet. To use: Simply connect 3 styro-foam tubes together using 2 connectors. Make sure tubes are touching inside the connectors and are spaced evenly to ensure proper stability. Insert into the vinyl sleeve by pushing and turning the tubes so that it is all the way into the sleeve. Repeat these steps for the other side. Will not damage your floor surface. The neutral brown color will blend in with any decor. Insulate Your Windows To Block All Outside Air Flow Can also be cut to size for your windows to help prevent drafts and seal in your hot or cold air. The flexible material allows for the draft stopper to form fit to your windows. Installs quickly and easily. A great way to seal proof the whole house keeping the inside of your home at the perfect temperture. Spot clean with a cloth and mild cleaning solution, let air dry. You can customize this draft stopper. Use scissors to cut the styrofoam tubing and vinyl to the exact size needed. Also great for preventing little creatures and bugs from entering your home. The draft stopper will not allow any room for small intruders! You will receive one jumbo draft stopper. Comes in a premium protective box that makes a great gift for anyone. Step by step instructions included.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Door Draft Stoppers
Your home is where you hang your hat, and when you walk in the door you know it’s time to relax. Being able to control your environment is part of what makes it so relaxing, but it’s hard to chill out when you’re sweating from hot summer air that you can’t quite beat. Even if you run your air conditioner at full blast, it’s tough to get nice and cool (or warm up in the winter) if you’ve got doors that leak air at the bottom.
Door draft stoppers (or door guards) are built to block outdoor air from sneaking into your home and keep indoor air right where it belongs. They can save you big bucks on your energy bill, and they also block out noise, light, odors and even mischievous insects.
Draft stoppers come in a couple of different styles. Soft draft stoppers are made of fabric and are usually stuffed with a fill made from polyester or another fabric. Sometimes they’re filled with hard foam cylinders that you can trim down to fit any door. They stay flush against your door with the help of magnetic clips or use a 360 degree-design that fits one stopper around each side of the door.
Hard draft stoppers are usually made from silicone or other plastic. They come rolled up like tape, but they’re much tougher than any tape you’ll find on the shelves. Just measure the length and height of your door, trim the draft stopper and affix it to the bottom of your door with the adhesive on the back.
Those are your draft stopper basics. Take a look at our Tips & Advice for hints that will help you make your final purchase.
DWYM Fun Fact
A draft stopper is a smart, affordable buy if you’re looking to increase your home’s energy efficiency, and there are even eco-friendly options. But they are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to lowering energy costs (and shrinking your carbon footprint).
Apartment-dwellers can make changes like washing their clothes in cold water, replacing light bulbs with LEDs and using natural light as much as possible to notice a dip in their energy bill. Homeowners have even more options: They can install energy-efficient appliances, buy a programmable thermostat and insulate their home’s air ducts to decrease their energy usage. These small changes can save you a ton of cash, and give Mother Nature some well-deserved support.
The Door Draft Stopper Buying Guide
- Measure, measure, measure: That’s the one thing you’ve gotta do if you’re buying a draft stopper. Measure the length and width of your door, plus the space between your door and the ground. Measuring the height from your floor to the top of where you want your draft stopper to sit will guarantee that you buy the right size.
- Choose between hard and soft draft stoppers based on your needs. Do you have a home with a lot of pet hair, outside noise and an outdoor insect community? Multi-layered silicone door stoppers, like the Suptikes Under Door Draft Stopper/Blocker, will block out noise and breezes without attracting pet hair or new friends. Are you in an area that has nasty winters, or do you have an older door that might not play well with draft stopper adhesive? A soft draft stopper filled with foam or fabric will block out frosty temperatures and it won’t chip away at your decor.
- Always clean and dry the bottom of your door before installing your draft stopper. The adhesive won’t stick to a dirty door, and you don’t want old dust rubbing off on your new fabric door stopper.
- Many door stoppers can also be used to stop up gaps in windows. See if a door stopper is adjustable or lets you create your own size if you want to prevent window drafts.
- Take your home’s decor into account before you buy. Draft stoppers come in multiple colors and finishes, so you can probably find one that blends right into your door.
- Keep your home looking neat by regularly cleaning your draft stopper. Wipe down plastic draft stoppers with a paper towel or a disinfectant wipe. Soft draft stoppers can be spot cleaned with a gentle detergent. You can toss some of them in the washer and dryer.