Eva-Dry Mess-Free Small Dehumidifier, 6-Ounce
Last updated date: November 16, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Small Dehumidifiers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Small Dehumidifier you should buy.
Update as November 16, 2022:
Checkout The Best Small Dehumidifier for a detailed review of all the top small dehumidifiers.
Homes with children and small pets would do well with this small dehumidifier. This unit is non-toxic and spill-proof, as it uses silica gel technology to trap moisture instead of a water tank. All users have to do is watch for the silica beads to turn from orange to green to know when the unit is ready to be refreshed.
In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the Eva-Dry Mess-Free Small Dehumidifier, 6-Ounce placed 2nd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This mini dehumidifier has been design to adsorb moisture from small enclosed areas (maximum area: 10’x 10′). It will help protect clothes and valuables from the damaging effects of mold/mildew and moisture rot. It is 100% renewable and needs no power to operate. Just hang the eva-dry unit in a closet, or you can place it in other small enclosed spaces, and it will start to adsorb moisture. There are no batteries required or cords to plug in, the unit works without power. There is an indicator window with special “moisture meter crystals” that change from orange (when dry) to green (when wet) to indicate when the unit needs to be “renewed”. The unit will adsorb approximately 8 to 10 ounces of moisture (depending on humidity levels this should take between 3 – 8 weeks). Once the moisture has been adsorbed it cannot leak or spill. This unit uses a specialized engineered crystallized silica gel that is odorless, non-toxic and completely safe. When the indicator crystals turn Green it is time to “re-new” the unit. Simply remove the unit from where it is adsorbing moisture and plug it into a power outlet.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Small Dehumidifiers
Dehumidifiers offer several benefits including creating a healthy atmosphere for you to breathe in and reducing the level of moisture in a room to prevent mold and mildew growth. If you don’t need to reduce the moisture in your entire home, you have the option of purchasing a small dehumidifier for certain areas of your home that excess moisture, such as a bathroom, basement or closet.
Determine which type of small dehumidifier would work best in your home. The most common model remains plugged into an electrical outlet and collects water in a water reservoir that you must empty fairly frequently. Another option is a unit like the Eva-Dry Renewable Mini Dehumidifier, 6-Ounce, which traps moisture in silica gel beads. It’s great for homes with kids and pets, as it is non-toxic, doesn’t need to be plugged in to operate and doesn’t have a water tank that can spill.
Of course, if you have toddlers or babies in the home, you also need a small dehumidifier that runs quietly. Look for a model that utilizes thermoelectric cooling technology to get the job done without a noisy compressor.
Next, make sure the machine is easy to use. The hOmeLabs Small Dehumidifier with Auto Shut-Off, 16-Ounce, for example, has a simple power button and an automatic shut-off that kicks in when the water tank is full.
Don’t forget to check that the small dehumidifier is able to cover the space you intend on using it in. If the space is too big, the unit won’t be able to keep up. The SEAVON Electric Mini Dehumidifier, 16-Ounce covers 156 square feet, which is slightly more than other comparable models on the market.
The Small Dehumidifier Buying Guide
- Do not place a small dehumidifier in a room that is larger than the recommended square feet on the product label. It will not be able to keep up.
- Some small dehumidifier models have water tanks that can spill or leak when overfilled.
- It is important to note that small dehumidifiers are not able to can’t keep up in conditions where moisture levels continue to increase.
- Small dehumidifiers work best in areas that have a temperature reading of 59 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit. If temperatures are below 41 degrees Fahrenheit, they will not work at all.
- Always unplug your small dehumidifier before you clean it. You’ll want to wipe down the outside of the unit, wash the water reservoir with a little dish soap and warm water and rinse out the air filter. Wait for the air filter to dry before reinstalling it.
- There isn’t a huge difference in price among small dehumidifiers, although the Eva-Dry Renewable Mini Dehumidifier, 6-Ounce costs less than the hOmeLabs Small Dehumidifier with Auto Shut-Off, 16-Ounce and the SEAVON Electric Mini Dehumidifier, 16-Ounce due to its small size and ability to run without batteries or electricity.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide