Etekcity Anti-Skid Easy Read Bathroom Scale
Last updated: August 10, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bathroom Scales and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bathroom Scale you should buy.
Made from an attractive glass, this bathroom scale has everything you need to keep track of your health. The scale itself comes with an easy-to-read LCD display and four high-precision sensors that deliver accurate results every time. As an added bonus, you'll also receive a measuring tape with your purchase.In our analysis of 40 expert reviews, the Etekcity Anti-Skid Easy Read Bathroom Scale placed 5th when we looked at the top 17 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Etekcity is a global e-commerce retailer that focuses on serving customers by creating stellar products. We’ve sold more than 6 million scales, including weight, kitchen, and luggage scales. Our rapidly growing company serves key markets all over the world in North and Central America, Europe, and Japan.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Bathroom Scale Rankings
Most of us have a love/hate relationship with the bathroom scale. You may realize that at least occasionally checking your weight is key to staying healthy, so a reliable scale is a must. At some point, someone in your household will inevitably tackle a weight loss journey, at which point a scale will be especially important.
The top quality you’ll probably look for in a scale is accuracy. Durability and appearance mean nothing if the numbers you see when you step on it aren’t correct. Digital scales use sensors and a strain gauge to measure and convert the weight of an object placed on them. Today’s top scales also feature the ability to calibrate automatically. This feature allows reliable readings every time you step on the scale, even if you’ve moved it since the last time you weighed.
Before you buy a scale, you should first take a look around the room you’ll be putting it in. Most often this is a bathroom, but you may plan to slide it into a closet when it’s not in use. If that’s the case, you’ll probably want to pay close attention to the width and length of the scale you choose since smaller scales will squeeze into tighter spaces. Otherwise, visualize the way the scale will look when mixed with your existing décor.
Lastly, you’ll want to consider the durability of the scale that you’re buying. Most of today’s scales are built to last for many years, but some are stronger than others. While many scales will promise a durable frame, you should also pay attention to the glass. Scales made from glass have been known to shatter in the past. It may be worth it to consider one with tempered glass that promises many years of reliable use.
- The main thing you need out of any scale is accuracy. You need to know that the weight you’re seeing when you step on is correct. Many digital scales use precision sensors built on German technology to ensure accurate results.
- Scales now go beyond simply telling you your weight. Some Bluetooth smart scales connect to a smartphone app that helps you track your progress. This, in effect, gives you a full picture of your health. Best of all, you can sync the data to third-party apps where you track your calories, steps and other health data.
- As you stumble to the scale first thing in the morning, bleary-eyed and barely awake, a clear display can make all the difference. Look for a digital scale with an extra-large lighted LCD display that is easy to read even in a pitch-dark bathroom, thanks to a backlight.
- Unless you plan to store your scale in a closet, it will immediately become part of your bathroom décor. That makes it important to consider how it looks. Some models are all solid black, while other scales feature clear glass. While all of the scales are attractive, you may wish to go with a digital scale that has the appearance of a high-end scale.
- If you do plan to store your scale in a closet, though, you’ll want to take size into account. A scale measuring 11.7 X 11.7 will take up the least amount of space, while scales measuring around 12 X 12 aren’t too much bigger. A 15 X 15 scale, however, is both long and wide and only an ideal choice if space isn’t an issue.
- You’ll likely want a scale that will last for many years. Look for a scale that features a sturdy frame that supports up to 400 pounds. One made from sturdy tempered glass is also known for being very durable.
- If you have a budget in mind as you start shopping, your decision won’t be too tough. There are a large number of scales on the market that are all affordable. However, if full health tracking is important to you, the app connectivity feature may make a more expensive model well worth the higher cost.