Etekcity Tempered Glass Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale
Last updated date: July 30, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bathroom Scales and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bathroom Scale you should buy.
Made from an attractive glass, this bathroom scale has everything you need to keep track of your health. The scale itself comes with an easy-to-read LCD display and four high-precision sensors that deliver accurate results every time. As an added bonus, you'll also receive a measuring tape with your purchase. In our analysis of 43 expert reviews, the Etekcity Etekcity Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale placed 2nd when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 4, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bathroom Scale for a detailed review of all the top bathroom scales.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Etekcity is a global e-commerce retailer that focuses on serving customers by creating stellar products. We’ve sold more than 6 million scales, including weight, kitchen, and luggage scales. Our rapidly growing company serves key markets all over the world in North and Central America, Europe, and Japan.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bathroom Scales
Most of us have a love/hate relationship with the bathroom scale. You may realize that at least occasionally checking your weight is key to staying healthy, so a reliable scale is a must. At some point, someone in your household will inevitably tackle a weight loss journey, at which point a scale will be especially important.
The top quality you’ll probably look for in a scale is accuracy. Durability and appearance mean nothing if the numbers you see when you step on it aren’t correct. Digital scales use sensors and a strain gauge to measure and convert the weight of an object placed on them. Today’s top scales also feature the ability to calibrate automatically. This feature allows reliable readings every time you step on the scale, even if you’ve moved it since the last time you weighed.
Before you buy a scale, you should first take a look around the room you’ll be putting it in. Most often this is a bathroom, but you may plan to slide it into a closet when it’s not in use. If that’s the case, you’ll probably want to pay close attention to the width and length of the scale you choose since smaller scales will squeeze into tighter spaces. Otherwise, visualize the way the scale will look when mixed with your existing décor.
Lastly, you’ll want to consider the durability of the scale that you’re buying. Most of today’s scales are built to last for many years, but some are stronger than others. While many scales will promise a durable frame, you should also pay attention to the glass. Scales made from glass have been known to shatter in the past. It may be worth it to consider one with tempered glass that promises many years of reliable use.
DWYM Fun Fact
Although there are other ways to measure our overall physical health, scales have become a preferred tool for medical professionals. Weighing scales date all the way back to ancient times, when they were used to measure items like sacks of gold. This would be done using a lever with two pans. An item would be placed in one of the pans, with known weights added and removed from the opposite pan until the true weight of the item in the other pan could be determined. Although variations of this developed in the centuries that followed, none of it was as accurate as modern scales, which use something called a strain gauge cell to measure the strain an object places on it.
The Bathroom Scale Buying Guide
- The main thing you need out of any scale is accuracy. You need to know that the weight you’re seeing when you step on is correct. Many digital scales use precision sensors built on German technology to ensure accurate results.
- Scales now go beyond simply telling you your weight. Some Bluetooth smart scales connect to a smartphone app that helps you track your progress. This, in effect, gives you a full picture of your health. Best of all, you can sync the data to third-party apps where you track your calories, steps and other health data.
- As you stumble to the scale first thing in the morning, bleary-eyed and barely awake, a clear display can make all the difference. Look for a digital scale with an extra-large lighted LCD display that is easy to read even in a pitch-dark bathroom, thanks to a backlight.
- Unless you plan to store your scale in a closet, it will immediately become part of your bathroom décor. That makes it important to consider how it looks. Some models are all solid black, while other scales features clear glass. While all of the scales are attractive, you may wish to go with a digital scale that has the appearance of a high-end scale.
- If you do plan to store your scale in a closet, though, you’ll want to take size into account. A scale measuring 11.7 X 11.7 will take up the least amount of space, while scales measuring around 12 X 12 aren’t too much bigger. A 15 X 15 scale, however, is both long and wide and only an ideal choice if space isn’t an issue.
- You’ll likely want a scale that will last for many years. Look for a scale that features a sturdy frame that supports up to 400 pounds. One made from sturdy tempered glass is also known for being very durable.
- If you have a budget in mind as you start shopping, your decision won’t be too tough. There are a large number of scales on the market that are all affordable. However, if full health tracking is important to you, the app connectivity feature may make a more expensive model well worth the higher cost.