ER KANG 3-In-1 Adjustable Dumbbell Set
Last updated date: September 16, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dumbbell Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dumbbell Set you should buy.
Update as January 31, 2022:
Checkout The Best Dumbbell Set To Power Your Home Gym for a detailed review of all the top dumbbell sets.
In our analysis of 15 expert reviews, the ER KANG 3-In-1 Adjustable Dumbbell Set placed 6th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
DUMBBELL TO BARBELL TO ABS WHEEL. This Dumbbells set can be connected by a connecting rod and become a barbell to meet the needs of upper and lower body workouts, which helps tone and sculpt your arms, shoulders, back, chest and leg. And the weight plates also can be connected with ab wheel bar and used as the abs wheels to train your core. This new dumbbell concept allows you to do both dumbbell, barbell, and abs wheel training movements to build your muscle at home or office. DOUBLE LOCKING NUTS. Special double-locking nut design, there is a corresponding slot between the two nuts. When you tighten, the two nuts will fit tightly and prevents you from the risk of weight plates falling off during the workout. This design makes dumbbells like an entirety, giving you a more comfortable feeling when you do chest press or dumbbell row. HIGH QUALITY. The dumbbell bar which covered with a rubber coating ensures a comfortable and non-slip grip. Weight plates made of steel and cement mixture and covered with environment-friendly ABS shell. SUITABLE FOR HOME GYM. For people who cannot go out or want to exercise at home, this dumbbell set is the best addition. The 66lbs weight plates and the switching mode of dumbbell, barbell and abs wheel allow you to get the same exercise intensity as the gym at home. If you have no idea about how to choose the gift to your close fitness lover, this dumbbell set is a great option. BRAND SUPPORE. ER KANG is a professional fitness brand and we have the ability to provide high-quality products and fast-responding after-sale service. If you have any questions about this dumbbell set, please feel free to contact us.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dumbbell Sets
The American Council of Exercise lists several benefits to using dumbbells in your workout routine. Dumbbells can increase a person’s flexibility, improve their cardiovascular health and increase muscle mass. The best part is that you don’t have to buy a gym membership to use these weights. A dumbbell set is a great addition to any home gym or workout space, as it won’t take up too much space.
When searching for the best dumbbell set, review the construction materials to make sure the set will hold up under regular use. The CAP Barbell 150-Pound Dumbbell Set & Rack are made from sturdy steel and coated with a sleek black powder finish. Iron is used to make the heads and cold-rolled steel to form the handles.
If you’re interested in using the weights indoors and outdoors, you’ll want to go with a set like the METIS Neoprene Hex Dumbbell Set. It has a neoprene coating that protects the metal underneath from the elements. The neoprene also offers a solid grip to prevent the dumbbells from slipping out of your hands during activity.
Consider the available weight range next. Some sets include five pairs of weights that range from 5 pounds to 25 pounds, while other sets only include one pair per set. These sets allow users to choose between dumbbells as low as 1 pound and pairs as high as 22 pounds. A set with a wide weight range is ideal for families that aren’t all using the same size dumbbells.
Check to see if the dumbbell set has any extra features that increase its functionality. For example, the BalanceFrom GoFit All-Purpose Dumbbell Set comes with a weight stand to hold all of your weights when not in use. There’s also the CAP Barbell Hex Rubber Dumbbell Set, which is constructed in a hexagonal shape, which allows it to rest firmly on the floor without rolling away.
The Dumbbell Set Buying Guide
- Before you begin incorporating dumbbells into your workout routine, it’s a good idea to check in with your doctor. This is especially important if you have certain health conditions, as you don’t want to aggravate or make your situation worse.
- Beginners may wish to schedule a session or two with a personal trainer to ensure they understand how to correctly use the dumbbells. There’s a right way and a wrong way to lift the weights. You’ll also want to learn what size weights to start with and when it’s safe to move up to the next size.
- If more than one person in your home uses the dumbbell set, it’s a good idea to purchase a container of sanitizing wipes and wipe down the dumbbells after each use.
- Cleaning the dumbbells once a week or once a month depending on how frequently you use them is important. Iron and steel weights can be cleaned with a little dish soap and water. You’ll want to use a product like WD-40 to clean chrome weights. Always dry these weights immediately after cleaning using a lint-free towel. If your weights are made from rubber, you’ll want to clean them in a well-ventilated room using Murphy’s oil soap and water. If the rubber continues to have an odor once dried, set it out in the sun for a few hours.
- The price for a dumbbell set is dependent upon how many dumbbells are in the set, the weight of the dumbbells, the construction materials and whether or not a stand is included with the purchase. The BalanceFrom GoFit All-Purpose Dumbbell Set is the most affordable set. Workout enthusiasts will pay a moderate price for CAP Barbell Hex Rubber Dumbbell Set and METIS Neoprene Hex Dumbbell Set. The CAP Barbell 150-Pound Dumbbell Set & Rack comes in with the highest price tag.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide