Epica Log Grabber Fire Pit Tongs, 26-Inch
Last updated date: November 23, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Fire Pit Tongs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Fire Pit Tong you should buy.
Editor's Note November 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Fire Pit Tongs for a detailed review of all the top fire pit tongs.
The tongs, which can grip 7-inch-thick logs, are great for outdoor fire pits, wood-burning barbecues, indoor fireplaces, wood stoves and more.
In our analysis, the Epica Epica Log Grabber Fire Pit Tongs, 26-Inch placed 3rd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Keep Your Hands A Safe Distance From Burning Embers. Your parents told you to never play with fire, but they didn’t have a set of these Epica Fireplace Tongs. They make tending your fire safer than ever. It doesn’t matter whether you’re putting on a new log, or rearranging the flaming embers to stoke the fire, your hand will always be safely situated 26 inches away from the heat. The strong grip action makes moving logs around easy, whether they are big, small, heavy, light or even unusually shaped. You’ll never have to worry about accidentally dropping a flaming ember again. Made To Last And Stand Up To Daily Use. We’ve built these fireplace tongs to last. After all, you’ll be putting them in a fire, so they have to stand up to high temperatures. The hinges and joints have been fully strengthened, so not only will they stand up to constant use but they’ll also keep a strong grip on your firewood. Even though they are strong, they have also been precision engineered to be as light as possible, to make them easy to maneuver when you’re carrying a heavy log. Perfect For Both Indoors And Out. These fireplace tongs are perfect for any fire, whether you’ve got an outdoor fire pit, a wood burning BBQ, an indoor fireplace, a boiler or wood stove, or even a smoker. We’ve also used the best materials we can find. That means you can store these tongs outside with no worries. They even collapse down for storage so you can always find a convenient place for them. Make Tending Your Fire Safe And Easy – Pick Up A Set Of These Fireplace Tongs Today.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Fire Pit Tongs
A pair of log tongs, tweezers or grabbers is a necessity for any indoor fireplace, fire pit, wood stove or smoker — anywhere you need to pick up and maneuver burning wooden logs or coals safely. These accessories, which can be 26- to 42-inches long, must be made with a heavy-duty heat-proof material such as carbon steel, stainless steel, cast iron or wrought iron.
Fireplace tongs can feature a scissors- or pincer-style design; the former means the tongs bend inward to dig into logs to provide a secure hold on the wood, while the latter has a simpler design with fewer hinges and a thicker build. Both are equally effective, but the pincer variety often requires less maintenance.
Since you want to ensure you can get a secure grip on the tongs, be sure to check the product’s weight before purchasing. They can weigh 1 to 6 pounds, so consider purchasing a lighter one if you don’t think you’ll be able to lift the combined load of the tongs, in addition to a log, using both hands.
The Fire Pit Tong Buying Guide
- The longer your tongs are, the farther away you can hold burning logs. But if they’re too long, you may have trouble grabbing and moving logs. If you’re on the shorter side height-wise, consider purchasing a smaller set of tongs for better control.
- Accessories to consider purchasing with your fireplace tongs include a fire poker, which helps shift logs and coals into a desired position, and a pair of heat-proof gloves, which provide excellent protection from sparks. There are affordable sets available that include all three.
- Look for tongs that fold into a smaller size, making them easier to store and transport.
- Only place your hot fireplace tongs on a heat-safe surface, like brick or gravel; do not set them down on just any floor.
- Fireplace tongs require two hands for safe maneuvering.
- To clean your fireplace tools, remove the soot and grime with a dry cloth or brush (wear gloves so you don’t stain your hands). Then, rub them gently with fine-grade steel wool dipped in vegetable oil. You can also apply a polish to shine them.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide