EO Mild & Balancing Organic Hand Soap, 3-Pack
Last updated: February 3, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Organic Hand Soaps and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Organic Hand Soap you should buy.
Lavender essential oil is used in this organic hand soap to create a sense of calm. Additional nutrient-rich botanical extracts are added to clean and hydrate skin. Users will also love that the bottles are 100% recyclable.In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the EO Mild & Balancing Organic Hand Soap, 3-Pack placed 2nd when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Your hands deserve some gratitude and TLC. Treat them to EO Liquid Hand Soap, a mild plant-based cleanser that moisturizes and is gentle enough for everyday use. This Liquid Hand Soap is made with mild amino acid cleansers and our organic herbal blend of aloe vera, calendula, chamomile, and white tea extracts. We also add Vitamin E to nourish and fortify skin. Never any parabens, artificial colors or dyes, or synthetic fragrances. We blend lavender, part floral, part herbaceous, with just a hint of grassiness, into many of our products to add a touch of peace and balance and providing moments of self care and relaxation through aromatherapy. At EO Products, we believe the best resources come from nature. That is why we are committed to our zero-waste mission. Our products are always made with reduction and repurposing in mind, this includes our recyclable packaging. Since 1995, we’ve made our products from domestic and imported ingredients in our family-owned and -operated factory in San Rafael, California. We learned early on that the only way to meet our own high standards was to take responsibility for everything ourselves. From our family to yours, enjoy.
Organic Hand Soap Rankings
Did you know that 80% of communicable diseases are passed from person to person via the surfaces they touch and that every half hour you are exposed to as many as 840,000 germs? Proper handwashing is your best defense against getting sick, so you’ll want to make sure your house is stocked with plenty of hand soap. Organic hand soap is your best bet, as it doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals that dry out skin or cause irritation.
As you browse available organic hand soap brands, look for product labels that let you know if the soap is gluten-free, vegan-friendly, biodegradable or made using all-natural ingredients. If you have sensitive skin, you’ll also want to keep an eye out for the word “hypoallergenic.”
Check the organic hand soap’s ability to soften skin. With ingredients like aloe vera, vitamin E, coconut and sea salt organic hand soaps are super moisture-rich for your skin. These ingredients are important if you wash your hands often. Otherwise, your hands could become dry and cracked after frequent washes.
Look at the organic hand soap’s cleaning power next. You need a soap that will remove all the dirt and germs you’ve come into contact with. Essential oils play a huge role in removing dirt and germs. Some oils are anti-septic while others are anti-bacterial.
Consider the soap’s scent. You don’t want a hand soap with synthetic fragrances, but rather a soap that emits the naturally pleasant aromas derived from essential oils and botanical extracts, like the Thyme Essential Oil found in the Brittanie’s Thyme Organic Hand Soap. Other organic hand soaps have fragrances like vanilla, coconut, strawberry, lime, apricot and lemongrass. Some even offer a combination of these scents, like coconut strawberry.
You’ll find organic hand soap comes in either bar or liquid form. Both work equally as well, so it’s a personal choice as to which form you’d like to use in your home. Bar soaps look nice when placed on a decorative soap dish by the bathroom faucet, while liquid soaps have the convenience of a pump. Some sinks even have built-in pumps that you can refill with liquid soap.
When shopping for organic hand soap, it’s good to have a grasp on the main ingredients in both chemical soaps and organic soaps, so you know that you’re making the best choice for your family.
Here are the top three ingredients in chemical hand soaps:
- Parabens: Manufacturers use parabens in their soaps as a preservative. Unfortunately, this ingredient actually disrupts the endocrine system, messes with your hormones, and can even cause breast cancer. It may surprise you to learn that countries like Denmark have actually banned the use of parabens.
- Sulfates: Sulfates actually cause skin irritation, as they are commonly used as pesticides and herbicides. Do you really want to use a product to clean your hands that also kills plants and pests?
- Artificial Fragrances: To produce a pleasant scent, most chemical hand soaps utilize artificial fragrances. These synthetic scents typically contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions, headaches, respiratory issues and even brain fog.
Here are the top three ingredients in most organic soaps:
- Vegetable Glycerin: Vegetable glycerin is actually a naturally occurring molecule found in plants. It stabilizes and preserves organic hand soap, as well as prevents the loss of moisture from your skin.
- Aloe: In addition to soothing dry and irritated skin, aloe has natural antioxidant and antibacterial properties. It’s even been found to help wounds heal faster.
- Oatmeal: Since oatmeal has anti-inflammatory properties, it works well to reduce the itching and redness associated with certain skin disorders, like eczema and psoriasis. Oatmeal also does a great job of balancing the pH levels of your skin and restoring moisture that is lost from spending time in the sun.
For fun, you can actually try your hand at making your own organic soap. Start with 1/4 cup of a natural base soap, like liquid castile soap, and add a tablespoon of vegetable glycerin. Pour a tablespoon of aloe vera juice in the bottle and then add 10 drops of your favorite essential oil. Lavender essential oil is a great choice if you’re looking to reduce anxiety, as it’s naturally calming. Tea tree oil is best if you want to add anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties to the soap. Finish the organic hand soap with 3/4 cup of distilled water. Shake to mix all the ingredients and you’re good to go.