Endust LCD & Plasma Electronic Surface Cleaning Wipes, 70-Count
Last updated date: September 9, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Screen Cleaning Wipes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Screen Cleaning Wipe you should buy.
With 70 wipes in each container, this package of screen cleaning wipes will last a while. The wipes are formulated to remove dirt and fingerprints without leaving streaks as it dries. It's important to keep in mind that the lack of alcohol does reduce its ability to sanitize areas, so it's better for improving the display on your electronics than as an antibacterial solution. In our analysis of 30 expert reviews, the Endust Endust Electronic Cleaning Wipes, 70-Count placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 9, 2020:
Checkout The Best Screen Cleaning Wipes for a detailed review of all the top screen cleaning wipes.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Clean and protect your valuable electronic screens and devices, keeping them in new condition with Endust For Electronics Screen and Electronics Cleaning Wipes. These pre-moistened and streak free anti-static wipes will rid your electronic screens from dust, dirt, and fingerprints. Specially formulated to safely clean your LCD and Plasma Screens, Tablets, Smartphones and Remote Controls. The debris will cling to the fabric on the wipe, rather than leaving the debris on your device, resulting in a flawless, streak free surface. Each 7” x 5” wipe removes fingerprints, reduces dust buildup and cleans smudges, leaving a mirror like shine. A soft, non-abrasive alcohol and ammonia free formula is specially formulated to safely clean screens and electronic surfaces. Endust For Electronics Screen and Electronics Cleaning Wipes contain 70 count pre-moistened wipes to clean all household and office electronic surfaces. Directions for Use: For best results, use one wipe on smaller devices such as Tablets, Smartphones, and Remote Controls. For these smaller devices allow the wipe to dry slightly and wipe until the wipe is dry. For larger surfaces, such as TV Screens and Monitors, more than one wipe may be necessary. For all devices, always consult your owner’s manual before use. Wipe Screen/Surface/Tablet Screen with wipe. Let air dry or use a microfiber towel (not included) to speed up drying. Dispose of wipe into receptacle in accordance with your local recycling and disposal regulations. Never Flush Wipe. To Open Container: Flip Open Dispensing Cap. Locate end of first wipe in the center of the roll. Pull the first wipe through large opening in lid and pull into smaller opening. Dispense wipes by pulling wipe upward and slightly forward. Close dispensing cap tightly after use. When properly sealed, lid will snap shut to prevent moisture loss. Precaution: To prevent damage and reduce streaks make sure your device is off and fully cooled down prior to cleaning. Avoid eye contact. Not intended for use on skin. Wash hand thoroughly after handling. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Safely Cleans: TV’s Cameras Cell Phones DVD’s & CD’s Headphones and Speakers Home Theater & Audio Monitors Printers & Copiers Remote Controls.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Screen Cleaning Wipes
A smudged, dirty screen can be annoying. You probably notice it throughout the day. You may even grab a lens cloth or tissue to wipe it down. But computers need regular cleaning along with everything else around your home or office, including you.
The problem with cleaning any piece of electronics is that moisture can damage it. Common cleaners can damage sensitive electronics, as well. So that dry cloth may seem like the only safe option, but they aren’t sufficient for removing dirt and oils.
Experts recommend using a dry soft cloth to wipe away basic dust and debris. If you need to add a solvent to remove grime, a solution of mild soap and water can be used, but they warn against using liquid, so the water on your cloth will have to be damp, at best.
But the easiest way to keep your screen clean is by using one of the many screen-cleaning cloths now on the market. These are formulated specifically to clean a screen without damaging sensitive electronic components. Typically, you’ll find these cloths are made from a soft material designed to clean without leaving lint behind, along with a mild cleaning solution that’s been tested and found safe on computer monitors.
One of the best things about these cleaning wipes is that often you can use them on a variety of surfaces. That includes items like eyeglasses, camera and binocular lenses, webcams and smart devices.
If you’re choosing a screen-cleaning wipe, though, there are two common problems to overcome: lint and smudges. Some wipes will leave one or both of those behind, which can be frustrating. An ammonia-free wipe will do the job without smudging. The cloth itself should be soft enough that it doesn’t scratch your screen, but it also should be sturdy enough that it doesn’t leave lint behind, as a facial tissue would.
DWYM Fun Fact
Computer monitors and TV screens have come a long way from the bulky, thick, heavy versions seen in the mid- to late-1900s. Early computer monitors were fitted with cathode ray tubes (CRTs), which required some work to reach a decent resolution. Liquid crystal displays (LCDs) were first seen in the 1990s when they were used in laptops. It took a while for them to make their way to desktop monitors, primarily because of the power consumption required of a desktop computer. Initially, when LCD monitors hit the market in the mid-1990s, the cost was so high, they didn’t take off. As technology improved and the prices dropped, they rapidly began replacing CRTs in households and offices across the globe.
The Screen Cleaning Wipe Buying Guide
- You’ll see some wipes advertised as alcohol-free, which, along with ammonia, can damage sensitive electronics. Keep in mind that not having these elements means you won’t get the germ-battling power you may want, particularly if you’re wiping down your phone screen.
- Before you clean any screen with a cleaning wipe, go over it with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth. Make sure you carefully remove any dust or debris that could scratch your screen if you move a cloth across it.
- Cleaning wipes come in a variety of formats. You’ll find some that dispense, one at a time, from a container similar to the way tissue dispenses from a box. The cloths inside the container stay hydrated even when you’re pulling one out to use. Others come wrapped singly in pouches you can take along with you. If you need a portable option, the individually-wrapped wipes are likely the best investment.
- Make sure the wipes you choose will reseal in a way that won’t let the internal contents dry out.
- Although many screen wipes will have a neutral smell, still others will have that cleanser scent that you may or may not like. If this is important to you, you can find wipes in scents like lemon that will give you a more enjoyable experience.
- The screen isn’t the only part of your electronics that needs cleaning. A can of compressed air can help you eliminate debris under the keys of your keyboard. You should also keep any vents on your CPU or laptop clear of the dust that can gather there. Compressed air can help with that, as well.
- One of the best things about screen-cleaning wipes is that you can use them to clean lenses. If you plan to use your cloths for your eyeglasses or your camera lens, make sure you choose a cloth that’s advertised as safe for all these items.