Enclave Audio Wireless Home Theater System
Last updated date: June 11, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top In-Home Sound Systems and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best In-Home Sound System you should buy.
Editor's Note November 5, 2020:
Checkout The Best In-Home Sound System for a detailed review of all the top in-home sound systems.
In our analysis of 113 expert reviews, the Enclave Audio Enclave Audio Wireless Home Theater System placed 13th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
At Enclave, we understand that half of the movie experience is heard and not seen. With the popularized sound bar audio solution, true surround sound is dismissed for convenience, ease of setup, and wiring issues. The Enclave Audio 5.1 WiSA Certified Wireless Home Theater System solves all that and more with uncompromising true wireless surround sound. The Enclave Smart Center connects to your TV with a single cable and will host HDMI and SPDIF (Optical) sources, including satellite, cable, streaming appliances, and gaming consoles. Included with the system is a wireless subwoofer, wireless rear speakers, wireless front speakers, a remote control, and the Enclave Audio Smart Center Speaker with ARC and CEC support.Note: The system works best with the left and right speakers either even with or in front of the center channel speaker. From the Manufacturer Play Video TRUE 5.1 WIRE FREE HD AUDIO HOME THEATER Enclave Audio 5.1 wireless home theater system offers uncompromising true wireless surround sound with the ability to easily place your speakers as 5.1 surround was designed and intended. Surrounding you. Whether it is movies, music, sports, or video gaming, Enclave wirelessly surrounds you with every nuance of every sound, bringing your home theater experience to life as you've never heard it before. WIRELESS AUDIO REDEFINED - JUST UNBOX, POWER UP, AND GO Simply place your speakers in the appropriate location, plug in the speakers' AC power adaptors into any 110/220v power source, load up your Enclave Smart Center with audio sources, and the WiSA certified Enclave Audio system is ready to deliver 24 bit uncompressed audio wirelessly, straight out of the box with no configuration necessary. MULTIPLE INPUTS 3 HDMI inputs to connect your cable box, dish, gaming console, DVD-Blu Ray Player, Streaming appliance (Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Roku, etc.), HDMI pass-thru, CEC, and ARC are all supported. BIPOLE REAR SPEAKERS Each Enclave rear surround speaker contains two full-range drivers on opposing sides of the enclosure for a widespread, yet enveloping surround experience. Streaming and System Updates The Enclave Audio app for Android/iOS lets you stream music from your device, local network, or a selection of music services via Bluetooth or Googlecast (Chromecast required). Also update your Enclave Audio CineHome with the latest firmware releases for enhanced performance and feature additions. THE WIRELESS HOME THEATER REVOLUTION BEGINS NOW No more soundbars giving you lackluster audio performance, Wifi drop outs, or Bluetooth latency. The Enclave Audio CineHome HD brings crisp, clear sound to your music, movies and games with WiSA wireless technology found in audio systems costing up to $20,000! About the Startup Describe your product in 3 words. Wireless. Surround. Sound. How did you come up with the idea for this product? While the rest of the consumer audio world was focused on making soundbars and whole house audio solutions, we found it quite discouraging that no one was focused on a single room true 5.1 wireless home theater experience. We believe half of the movie experience is heard and not seen so we took it upon ourselves to build what the market currently did not offer. The end result - an affordable, true 5.1, wireless HD audio surround sound system that you just unbox, plug in, and go. What makes your product special? Our product allows anyone with power outlets in their living room to enjoy a true 5.1 surround sound experience by having 6 independent speaker enclosures surround you with sound wirelessly, but with the simplicity of a sound bar set up. The WiSA Technology used in our system is found in systems that cost 5X - 20X as much, we are passionate about sound and knew that Wifi and Bluetooth audio transmission wasn't going to cut it. We worked tirelessly to incorporate this new technology, with speakers that were custom tuned to work with eachother at an incredible price. It doesn’t get easier than Enclave's plug and play setup experience with rock solid sound that packs a punch. What has been the best part of your startup experience? The best part of our startup experience has been building a team with like-minded individuals and working together to bring to reality a product we had in our head, that the market had a need for, and our customers thank us for.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Technology and parenting blogger
Molly Thornberg is a professional writer, creative and mom to four kids, living her best life outside of Dallas, Texas. With a love for all things tech, she is passionate about helping parents raise kids in the digital age. She writes about technology, parenting and humor on her blog Digital Mom Blog.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On In-Home Sound Systems
Whether you’re sitting down for movie night or spending an afternoon gaming, a good surround sound system makes all the difference. But unless you’re an audiophile, it can be easy to feel overwhelmed with all the talk about wattage and subwoofers and bass response.
“The sound systems of today are not the sound systems your parents had,” says technology and parenting blogger Molly Thornberg. “From watching a movie with theatre-quality surround sound to creating a unique atmosphere in your home by playing music in every room, choosing an in-home sound system requires considering many things.”
As you start shopping, you’ll probably notice right away that some speaker systems are larger than others. It can be all too easy to assume that this larger size provides more powerful audio than smaller speakers can offer, but that isn’t always the case. Today’s speaker manufacturers can pack a lot of punch into a small form factor, giving you great sound without taking up too much space. The smaller size can also come in handy if you need to pack up your home to move, or you just like to rearrange your furniture on a fairly regular basis.
Measuring a surround sound system’s sound can be complicated. Look for a surround system that mentions Dolby Digital 5.1 or Dolby Digital Plus, both of which can be counted on for top-quality performance. You’re looking for a system that not only provides impressive, true-to-life sound, but also can hold its quality even at the highest volumes.
The sound output can also be quantified by a speaker’s wattage. Look not only at a speaker’s advertised maximum wattage, but also continuous wattage. It’s also important to make sure you don’t hook a lower-wattage up to one that pushes a much higher level of power, as it can be easy to damage the lower-powered speaker without realizing you’re doing it.
The In-Home Sound System Buying Guide
- Before you start shopping, determine where you’ll be placing the speakers. If you’re dealing with a small, closed-off living room or family room, you may find a larger system will overwhelm the area. However, a system designed for smaller rooms won’t be sufficient for a large home theater or a room with high ceilings in an open-concept home.
- True surround sound requires multiple speakers, placed around the room so that it surrounds its occupants. Consider what comes in the set you purchase. You should at least get a subwoofer, a center channel and smaller satellite speakers that you can place strategically around where you’ll be sitting.
“Something else to consider when buying an in-home sound system is the system’s capabilities for expanding its speakers or zones in the future,” Thornberg advises.
- If you plan to move in the future, the size of your speakers will also come into play. Some large speakers are heavier and therefore difficult to move around.
- Good sound is about more than the size and number of speakers. Some speakers are simply better than others at delivering rich bass lows and sharp, realistic highs. You can usually count on known technology like Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby True HD or DTS-HD Master Audio.
- It’s also important to consider the power of your speakers. Some speakers will begin to distort audio as you reach higher volumes, so if this is an issue, it may help to test out the sound before you purchase.
- You’ll want a speaker that can hold up not only after years of use, but also one that includes a physical casing that’s durable. If you’re moving and someone drops a speaker, will the build hold up? Always use care while moving your speakers around, preferably packing them in a box with padding if you need to move them from one home to another.
- Speakers come in a variety of sizes and designs. Many are solid black to easily blend with any décor, but bulky speakers can become a problem. If you’re sliding some of your speakers into a cabinet or behind a piece of furniture, measure to make sure there will be enough space before you buy.
- Some consumers prefer to mount their speakers. If that’s the case, make sure a mount is included with the system you buy. You’ll also need to check to ensure you have the tools and hardware necessary to install your wall-mount speakers once you have them.
- Although getting your speakers going is merely a matter of setting them up and plugging them in, there will be a little setup involved if you want everything to work together. Some systems come with an installation manual, while others use labels to tell you where to put each item, and in what order. You probably won’t need to pay extra for professional installation, although it is sometimes offered as an add-on option.
- A remote can come in handy for controlling volume and setting up your system. Check to see that your surround system offers a remote that will work the way you want it.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide