Ems for Kids Certified Infant Ear Muff (For Noise)
Last updated date: August 9, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as August 19, 2022:
Checkout The Best Infant Ear Muff (For Noise) for a detailed review of all the top .
In our analysis of 86 expert reviews, the Ems for Kids Certified Infant Ear Muff (For Noise) placed 8th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
hearing protection, kids Ems for Kids specialises in 3 types of hearing protection for little ears: BABY – the world’s first, banded earmuff design for use from 0-18 months KIDS – the world’s first folded earmuff design for use from 6 months to mid-teens AUDIO – a folded earmuff design with audio capability & volume control Ems for Kids products decrease the level of noise on average by 26 dB. A typical earmuff decreases the level of noise by approximately 23 dB when tested under carefully controlled laboratory conditions. All Ems for Kids products are size adjustable and are tested to European & American safety standards OUR PROMISE TO MUMS & DADS – WHY YOU’LL LOVE USING EMS FOR KIDS: Your children’s ears will be safe & protected in any environment. Your children will have the opportunity to learn and enjoy your hobbies alongside you. You will spend more fun, stress-free and quality time together as a family. Your child will experience increased calm in loud environments or when unexpected loud noises arise. Designed in Australia Made in the USA – industrial strength American National Standards Institute Certification (ANSI S3.19) ‘CE’ Certification (EN352-1:2002) EMS FOR KIDS – ESSENTIAL FOR A WIDE RANGE OF ACTIVITIES: LIVE SPORT SHOOTING RANGE DRAG / MOTOR RACING POWER BOATS LIVE MUSIC MOVIES AIR SHOWS FIREWORKS IN FLIGHT TRAVEL – PLANES, HELICOPTERS DOMESTIC APPLIANCE USE – MOWING, THERMOMIX, NUTRIBULLET, VACUUMING, CHAIN SAW SCHOOLS OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY – SENSORY PROCESSING DISORDER & NOISE SENSITIVITY AUDIOLOGY AUTISM & SPECIAL NEEDS usa made MADE IN THE U.S.A Ems for Kids original BABY earmuffs with award winning design are proudly made in the U.S.A. Our updated design now includes the following new and improved features: Deeper earmuff cups, resulting in a more comfortable fit and greater coverage of baby’s ears Thicker PU leather padding on each cup to increase comfort Enhanced clips on each cup, to ensure easier adjustment and more secure attachment 100% metal, BPA, phthalate and latex free and now MRI-safe Read more headband compact design, foldable double foam core, foam layers ADJUSTABLE HEADBAND The Ems for Kids adjustable headband design allows you to adjust the size of the headband to fit baby’s head. The headband can be easily inserted and removed by lifting the clip on each earmuff cup and sliding the headband in or out making it simple to change colours and easy to wash. COMPACT DESIGN Ems for Kids BABY earmuffs can be folded up to fit in the palm of your hand or our sturdy hard case, making them easy to carry with you or store away. DOUBLE LAYER FOAM CORE Average earmuffs contain a single-layer foam core. Ems for Kids BABY earmuffs are filled with a double layer foam core to ensure maximum noise reduction. baby NEWBORN FRIENDLY – PRESSURE REDUCING HEADBAND DESIGN Ems for Kids patented the world’s first BABY earmuff with a banded design, specifically tailored for newborn babies. The headband design ensures less concentrated pressure is placed on the baby’s skull than the traditional wire-band earmuffs. The soft headband disperses pressure more evenly around the head, resulting in a firm, yet comfy fit. colour combinations YOUR CHOICE OF COLOUR COMBINATION Ems for Kids BABY earmuffs come in either black or white with 8 headband colour options to mix and match based on mood, outfit and adventure.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Our Expert Consultant
Parenting Pro and Safe-Sleep Expert
Kate Desmond is a writer and infant safe-sleep expert. She has spent the last eight years working as the marketing director for Charlie’s Kids Foundation, a nonprofit that aims to educate families about SIDS and safe sleep. In that role, she travels around the country learning and educating caregivers and providers on the latest and greatest safe-sleep information to prevent infant death.
As mom to two elementary-aged daughters, she spends hours researching the best and safest products for her own kids. She is quick to get in the weeds with other mamas, and uses humor to cope with parenting woes from potty-training to teaching kids to read. She writes about the ups and downs of parenting on her blog.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Infants have delicate eardrums that can easily be damaged by extremely loud noises. But you can’t isolate your little one in your home and never venture out into the world. Eventually, you’ll find yourself in a situation where you need to protect your baby’s ears.
Ear muffs are a great way to keep your children safe without isolating them from society. Many of the infant-designed models come with extra-soft earpads and adjustable sizing to ensure your little one stays comfortable. A lightweight build is also essential, and you’ll need to avoid bulky designs if your infant will be wearing them in confined spaces, such as car seats and carriers.
“These handy safety devices keep your infant from suffering ear damage, and give parents peace of mind,” says parenting expert Kate Desmond. “When purchasing a pair for your baby be sure to buy the correct size. To be effective you’ll want a snug fit around the ear. Look for ones that are adjustable so you can continue to use them as your child grows.”
The first thing to consider before shopping for a pair of infant ear muffs is where they’ll be used. If your baby will wear them to shut noise out while sleeping, a completely different set will be needed than if you’re buying them for an upcoming noisy event like a fireworks display or auto race. While a child can certainly wear one pair for everything, ear muffs that will be worn for sleep will need to be comfortable and fitted enough to stay on all night.
Another use for infant ear muffs is travel. This is especially true while on an airplane, where shutting out noise can be very useful in keeping a baby quietly napping. Even when you’re driving, noise-canceling ear muffs can be great for getting those naps in while still allowing the adults in the car to carry on a conversation without worry.
It’s important to leave the ear muffs on throughout the time you’re in a noisy environment. That means if you’re at a sporting event or concert, wait until you’re in the parking lot to take them off. Removing them while the noise is still happening will likely startle your baby and cause unnecessary stress.
Also, extend the life of your ear muffs by keeping them clean.
“Don’t forget to keep the ear muffs fresh by giving them a good wipe down after each use and store them in a dry place,” Desmond says.
The Buying Guide
- No matter how effective a pair of noise-protection ear muffs are, it won’t matter if your baby slides them off. If they’re uncomfortable, this could easily become a problem. Look for a pair that has foam cushions around the ear area to keep your infant comfortable throughout wear. Leather is also helpful in providing comfort and preventing irritation for those who aren’t allergic to it. Ideally, the ear muffs should also be lightweight so that they don’t weigh your baby down, especially if they’ll be worn for hours at a time.
- One of the toughest things about choosing ear muffs is fit. You’ll want them to be snug enough so that they don’t slide off, but if they’re too tight, they may squeeze in a way that hurts your baby after a while. Some ear muffs have an adjustable headband that helps you find that perfect fit. If this feature is included, make sure the headband will lock in place to maintain its shape throughout wear.
- Obviously, the size of ear muffs you buy will change depending on the age of your child. If you’re buying a set for your infant, look specifically for a pair sized specifically to fit that age group. There are some ear muffs that can age up from infancy to adolescence, but measure to ensure it will fit your infant’s smaller-size head.
- The circumference of your infant’s head isn’t the only concern when sizing a pair of ear muffs. The ear cup itself will need to fit snugly around the ear to form a tight seal and keep noise out.
- If noise reduction is your goal, the Noise Reduction Rating will be a big help. Look for the highest rating you can find if you’re preparing for excessively noisy environments like sporting events or races.
- Some ear muffs come in a variety of colors to let you customize your infant’s look, which may be especially important if you’re buying them for social outings.
- Some parents purchase ear muffs to help baby sleep in noisy environments. If they’re going to be worn overnight, make sure you look for a pair that’s snug enough so that they don’t slip off if your baby moves around.
- A lightweight, compact design isn’t only helpful in keeping the ear muffs comfortable for your infant. It can also make it easy for you to slide them into your tote bag or purse and have them with you in case you need them.
- If your baby has sensitive skin, pay close attention to the materials in the ear pads. Nylon and polyester can be rough on a baby’s skin. If your ear pads are covered with leather, make sure your infant isn’t allergic before you buy. Some pads are kept toxin-free, as well, since many parents are concerned about chemicals.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide