Emile Henry Small Rectangular Baker
Last updated date: August 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bakers And Casserole Dishes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Baker And Casserole Dish you should buy.
Editor's Note March 3, 2020:
Checkout The Best Baker And Casserole Dish for a detailed review of all the top bakers and casserole dishes.
If you're searching for a casserole dish made entirely of all-natural materials, look no further than the Emile Henry Small Rectangular Baker. This pan is excellent at retaining heat, keeping your food warm on the table longer than other brands. It's even coated with a hard glaze that is durable and scratch-resistant.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the Emile Henry Emile Henry Small Rectangular Baker placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Since 1850, Emile Henry has produced in France a large range of high quality ceramic cooking utensils. With a 10 year guarantee, our products are made from natural materials and have been designed and manufactured in France, in Southern Burgundy. Emile Henry unveils Modern Classics, an American inspiration and the first significant launch of an Emile Henry collection since the original pie and lasagna dishes debuted in the early '90s. Modern Classics is a range of cookware and bakeware that has been on the drawing boards for many, many months. It is truly an American collection as the shapes, capacities, and dimensions were developed with an eye toward American foods, style and recipes. All of the shapes have been designed from the ground up to attract the American consumer while preserving the intangible design elements and the performance properties of Emile Henry. Deep enough for 4- 6 layers of lasagna or you can make a delicious moussaka or even a tiramisu ! A family dish, it is easy to manipulate thanks to its comfortable handles. All Emile Henry products are made in France and offer a ten years guarantee.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bakers And Casserole Dishes
Casseroles are a handy dish for busy families and couples who don’t want to prepare a meal after coming home from work late at night. They include all the components of a delicious dinner in one pan and can be cooked and frozen for consumption later on. That means meals can be prepared on Sunday and simply heated up at dinner time throughout the rest of the week.
If you’re in the market for a new baker or casserole dish, there are a few features you’ll want to look for.
First, determine whether you want a ceramic casserole pan or one made of glass. While the ceramic models are sturdy and durable, they don’t have clear sides like the glass models that allow you to monitor your dish while it cooks. The Libbey Glass Oval Casserole Baking Dish has this feature and even comes with a handy matching lead-free glass lid that keeps the food nice and moist while it cooks. Another benefit of the Libbey baking dish is that it’s stackable. If you purchase more than one, you won’t use up any extra space in your cabinet.
Second, consider the size of the casserole dish you need to make your favorite meals. If you need a variety of sizes, you can go with the Libbey Glass Casserole Baking Dish Set, 3-Piece, which comes with a small, medium and large dish. You could use the small dish for an appetizer, the medium baker for a tasty dessert and the large pan for a main meal.
Third, review the casserole dish for ease of use. For example, the Rachael Ray Stoneware Roasting and Lasagna Pan has a glazed interior that is stain-resistant and a cinch to clean. It also comes with side handles to make moving the pan from the oven to a trivet on the dining room table a breeze. Rachel Ray’s brand is even available in eight fun colors.
Finally, you’ll want to pay attention to how much heat the casserole dish can take. The Emile Henry Small Rectangular Baker is oven-safe up to 520 degrees Fahrenheit. Since it is made from all-natural materials, it’s also great at retaining heat, which means the pan stays warmer longer while it rests on your table or countertop.
The Baker And Casserole Dish Buying Guide
- Most casserole dishes are not meant to be heated on a stovetop, as they can explode. Stick to cooking casseroles in the oven or microwave unless otherwise noted on the product packaging.
- If your casserole dish is made of stoneware, you’ll need to care for it following the manufacturer’s directions. This type of pan can chip or crack if not properly cared for.
- Always wash a casserole dish after purchasing it. They typically are shipped directly from the manufacturer’s warehouse and need to be cleaned before food is placed and cooked in them.
- Not all casserole dishes have a nonstick surface. If your model fits this description, you’ll want to use a nonstick cooking spray or a little butter to grease the pan before you use it. Otherwise, you may end up with stuck-on foods that are hard to clean.
- If you prepare your casserole ahead of time for consumption later in the week, don’t freeze it unless you’ve cooked the meat entirely.
- Always label any casseroles you place in the freezer with a name and the date it was prepared. You can expect most casseroles to last between two and three months in the freezer, although some may be good for as long as six months.
- Check for a guarantee or warranty before you decide to buy. Some companies only offer a quality-assurance guarantee, while others go above and beyond with a 10-year warranty.
- When it comes to price, you’ll find the basic casserole models, such as the Libbey Glass Oval Casserole Baking Dish, are the most affordable. The Rachael Ray Stoneware Roasting and Lasagna Pan and the Emile Henry Small Rectangular Baker have a heavier construction and can withstand higher oven temperatures; therefore they are more moderately priced. Sets that include multiple pieces, like the Libbey Glass Casserole Baking Dish Set, 3-Piece, tend to command a higher price.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide