Emergency Stain Rescue Stain Remover, 4 Ounces
Last updated date: December 4, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Organic Stain Removers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Organic Stain Remover you should buy.
Not only does the Emergency Stain Rescue Stain Remover, 4 Ounces have a Safer Choice Certification, but it's also got a 5-star rating from Good Morning America. The organic stain remover is universal and works on every type of stain you can think of. Since the formula is super concentrated, it will also last a long time before needing to be replaced. In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the Emergency Stain Rescue Emergency Stain Rescue Stain Remover, 4 Ounces placed 2nd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note December 4, 2019:
Checkout The Best Organic Stain Remover for a detailed review of all the top organic stain removers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
A HOUSEHOLD ESSENTIAL - A spot cleaning stain remover spray specifically designed to quickly & safely treat the inevitable stains made by messy kids, house guests and dinner time accidents. FAST, POWERFUL & CLEAN – Emergency Stain Rescue’s concentrated formula magically removes food and other stains from clothing, bibs, cloth diapers, furniture, carpets, linens, car interiors, sofas and upholstery and many more. FOR ALL KINDS OF STAINS. This universal spot remover is remarkably effective on all types of fresh and set-in stains; on food – berries, fruits, juice, baby food, formula, ice-cream, carrots, ketchup and spaghetti sauce. An excellent blood stain remover for all stubborn and nasty stains. NOTHING NASTY, NO COMPROMISE, A SAFER CHOICE. No peroxide, no chlorine, no phosphates or parabens; The 100% biodegradable surfactant and pH neutral formula is tough on stains not on skin, clothes or the environment. Safer Choice Certified. RECOMMENDED AND REVIEWED. 5 Star reviews from The Today Show, The View, Good Morning America, Real Simple, GQ and thousands of happy and appreciative users.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Organic Stain Removers
There’s nothing worse than spilling grape juice on your brand new blouse, or having your children run in the house with grass stains on the knees of their jeans. Thanks to the invention of stain removers, all hope is not lost. The important thing to keep in mind is that many stain removers are made up of harsh chemicals that could irritate sensitive skin. You’ll want to choose an organic stain remover that contains natural ingredients that are safe to use around every member of the family.
When you begin your search, determine what type of stains the stain remover is capable of lifting away. Some are just for water-based stains, while others are best for oil-based stains. The Emergency Stain Rescue Stain Remover, 4 Ounces is unique in that it is considered a universal spot remover. It is capable of combating every stain, including spaghetti sauce, blood and fruit stains.
Check what materials you can use the stain remover on. Almost all of them are designed for use with a variety of clothing, but others, like the Puracy Natural Stain Remover, 25 Ounces, can also be used to treat stains on floor mats, car seats, linens and carpeting. You’ll even find some brands can be used on upholstery and fabric-lined furniture pieces.
Review the ingredients to determine if they are hypoallergenic, non-toxic (free of chlorine, parabens, peroxides, dyes, fragrances and phosphates) and safe to use around small children and pets. You’ll also want to look at the product label to see if the stain remover is biodegradable and certified cruelty-free.
An ideal stain remover will use plant-based enzymes to break up and lift away the soiled areas on your clothing. Seventh Generation Stain Remover, 16 Ounces actually has a quadruple-enzyme formula to eliminate even the toughest stains.
Consider the stain remover’s delivery method. A spray bottle is great for spills, but a built-in brush, like the one found on the Ecover Stain Remover, 6.8 Ounces, is best for tackling grass, mud and grease.
Finally, there are a few additional things to keep in mind as you narrow down your search for the perfect organic stain remover. If you have a septic system, for example, you’ll want to look for a brand that is safe for use with septic systems. You’ll also want to review how concentrated the stain remover is. The higher the concentration, the longer the bottle will last. How the company treats the environment is important. Some brands use recycled plastic bottles to deliver their stain remover, which cuts down on waste.
DWYM Fun Fact
Back in the 1800s, individuals used a variety of household items to try and combat unfortunate stains. They would soak ink spots in milk, pour boiling water over fruit stains and create a chalk powder that was to be placed over a grease stain and lifted away by an iron that was run back and forth over a few sheets of tissue paper that rested on the stain. Today we are fortunate enough to have a variety of stain removers that do all the hard work for us. But how do these stain sticks and sprays actually work?
There are actually several different methods for creating a powerful stain fighter. The method used is often dependent upon the type of stain you’re trying to combat. Some formulas utilize a solvent. A solvent is a liquid that has the ability to dissolve another liquid. Other stain removers are equipped with emulsifiers. Emulsifiers are a type of surfactant and work by coating the stain and binding it, so that it can be removed by the remaining ingredients in your stain remover. Finally, there are enzyme-based stain removers. They work the same way your stomach operates. They take the material the stain is made up of and break it down until it’s completely digested.
The Organic Stain Remover Buying Guide
- Some companies choose to offer consumers a 100% satisfaction guarantee for any stain remover product they sell. This lets you know that the business stands behind its products. It also protects you, should you find the product doesn’t live up to the company’s claims.
- Look for certifications and recommendations, as these indicate that the product has been thoroughly vetted and was found to meet important standards. A Safer Choice Certification is common for organic products. You may even find stain removers with 5-star ratings from such shows as Good Morning America and The Today Show.
- Check to see if the company is charitable. Some businesses that sell organic products like to donate a portion of their sales to help children and families that are less fortunate. That means some of your money is being given back to the community, and you can never go wrong when you give back.
- Never ingest the stain removers. Even though they contain natural ingredients, they aren’t meant for consumption. Some stain removers also have ingredients that irritate the eyes. If you accidentally swallow the liquid or get it in your eyes, you’ll need to contact your doctor or the Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
- Not all organic stain removers are 100% natural. It’s best to always take the time to read the ingredient list in full before you make a purchase, especially if you have any allergies or you suffer from sensitive skin.
- If you want to get the best results from your organic stain remover, you’ll need to apply the stain remover as soon as possible and then let it sit on the stain for at least 5 minutes. Launder your soiled garment within 24-hours of applying the stain remover and your clothing will look as good as new.
- As you browse available organic stain removers, you’ll want to keep price in mind. To compare prices, you’ll need to divide the number of ounces in the bottle by the total cost. The Seventh Generation Stain Remover, 16 Ounces is on the lower side of the pricing scale, while the Puracy Natural Stain Remover, 25 Ounces and the Ecover Stain Remover, 6.8 Ounces fall in the middle. The Emergency Stain Rescue Stain Remover, 4 Ounces is the most pricey, most likely because it is a universal spot remover that combats every type of stain.