Ember Temperature Controlled Travel Coffee Mug 2, 12-Ounce
Last updated date: June 21, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Smart Mugs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Smart Mug you should buy.
Update as June 17, 2021:
Checkout The Best Smart Mug for a detailed review of all the top smart mugs.
This paired travel mug and charging coaster keeps your coffee at a customizable temperature for up to three hours, with help from an easy-to-use phone app. Not only does the Bluetooth connection allow you to receive notifications about battery life and other data, you can control this mug’s temperature and even program customized presets.
In our analysis, the Ember Ember Temperature Controlled Travel Coffee Mug 2, 12-Ounce placed 2nd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
LONGER LASTING BATTERY: Extended battery life on your temperature control mug keeps your drink perfectly hot for up to 3 hours on a single charge—or all day on the included, redesigned charging coaster. Choose the exact temperature you prefer (between 120°F - 145°F). NEW TOUCH DISPLAY: Customize your heated mug by simply tapping on the + or - symbol to increase or decrease your preferred drinking temperature. Touch the Ember logo to reveal additional Ember Travel Mug 2 features such as battery life, temperature, and mug name. APP CONTROLLED: Ember travel smart mug allows you to control with your smartphone. Pair with the Ember app to set your temperature, customize presets, receive notifications and more. USE WITHOUT APP: Ember Travel Mug is functional without connection to the app and will remember last used temperature. Out of the box, the Ember Mug is set to 135°F. AUTO SLEEP: Ember heated mug intelligently senses when to turn on and off. The mug enters sleep mode when empty or after 2 hours of inactivity. Ember wakes up when it senses movement or liquid. HAND WASH ONLY: An updated scratch-resistant ceramic coating is safe to hand wash. Ember Travel Mug 2 is IPX7 rated and fully submersible up to 1 meter deep. EXTENDED BATTERY LIFE: Pour in hot liquid to extend and maximize battery life. INCLUDED WITH MUG: Charging coaster, adapter, and quick start guide. NEED HELP: Go to Ember’s brand site and click SUPPORT for FAQs and to speak with Customer Support.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Smart Mugs
Smart mugs are an innovative way to drink your favorite beverage. — and make sure it’s at the perfect temperature from start to finish. There are effectively two kinds of smart mugs: those with an internal battery and heating element, and those that heat a mug while connected to a charging cable or pad. This latter type should be regularly returned to its charger to maintain its temperature.
If your primary complaint is coffee going cold at your desk, charger-dependent models may be a better option. If your main complaint is tea getting cold while in transit or meetings, you’ll want a travel mug with a battery.
All smart mugs must be hand-washed, due to their sensitive electronics. However, some feature a removable liner, which allows you to clean them with more confidence that you won’t damage the wiring or battery.
Do you prefer hot or iced coffee and tea? Some smart mugs can not only keep liquids hot but also cold, primarily due to the presence of insulation and effective seals. This allows for greater flexibility, especially if you and other members of your household prefer drinks prepared in different ways.
While battery technology is advancing by leaps and bounds, smart mugs still take up a certain amount of space in your cabinets, and they can be heavy. When purchasing a smart mug, consider the bulkiness and weight alongside the mug’s performance.
If you don’t want to carry around a thermos that weighs two pounds even before you add liquid, you may want to opt for a smaller design with less battery life. Alternatively, you could view it as exercise and use the mug as a weight for arm curls in your downtime.
The Smart Mug Buying Guide
- Review your smart mugs before buying to make sure that they are effective insulaters. While better batteries can ensure a longer charge to keep your coffee warm, a well-insulated mug makes the warming element more effective. Thus, you can still expect some warmth even after the charge runs out.
- Some people will be concerned about the electromagnetic energy of a smart mug being harmful to humans and pets, but rest assured that the charging field is very closely contained around the charging pad. Your mug will stop charging unless it is within a few millimeters of the pad; that is the effective range of the radiation it emits. So, unless you put it right next to your body for prolonged periods of time, you should have nothing to worry about.
- If you select a mug that claims to heat a liquid from cold to boiling, be aware that this process will consume much more battery life than if it were simply maintaining a heated liquid’s temperature.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide