Ellas Bubbles Companion Massage Walk-In Tub
Last updated date: September 11, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Walk In Bathtubs and dug through the reviews from 10 of the most popular review sites including Review Meta, Top Ten Reviews, Pool Advisors, Pool Cleaner Blog, Duly Reviewed, Freedom Action, Elderly Care Systems, Carapelo, Walk In Tub Report and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Walk In Bathtub you should buy.
Thanks to its ability to make you feel like you've just left the spa, Ellas Bubbles Companion Massage Walk-In Tub comes in as the No. 1 overall recommended product in its category. Perhaps the biggest draw is the added safety features. It includes thermostat control valves that prevent scolding and the slip-resistant flooring that keep bathers from taking a tumble. The ability to seat two also makes for another added bonus. In our analysis of 50 expert reviews, the Ellas Bubbles Ellas Bubbles Companion Massage Walk In Tub placed 1st when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 11, 2019:
Checkout The Best Walk-In Bathtub for a detailed review of all the top walk in bathtubs.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Bathing with your loved one is now possible with the Companion two seat walk-in tub. This unique two-person model features a centered inward swing door with seats facing each other. The two seat Companion tub is 60” long, with two 20″ wide seats. The luxurious, easy to clean, scratch resistant shell comes in a white acrylic gloss finish. It is supported with a durable stainless-steel frame and adjustable leveling legs for easy installation. The low step in threshold, textured slip resistant floor and one deck mount are included for enhanced safety of the bather. Both seats come with a removable back support for extra comfort. The two independently operated 2" drains with overflows have extended drain opener handles for an easier grip. The Companion includes a stylish custom-made stainless-steel door with tempered glass. The door can be conveniently removed, allowing easier access to clean hard to reach places.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Walk In Bathtubs
There’s nothing more relaxing than a long soak in the tub with a good book after a hard day. Unfortunately, for many elderly and disabled individuals, getting in and out of the bathtub can be difficult and unsafe. Walk-in tubs provide a solution for those with mobility issues to continue to enjoy the benefits associated with a nice hot bath.
With a walk-in tub, you get a door that opens along the side of the tub so that you can easily step in the tub without having to ever step over an outer edge. The tub comes with a built-in seat, and once you’ve entered the tub, you can pull the door closed. The door has a tight seal that will prevent the water from leaving the bathtub.
Another feature specific to most walk-in bathtubs is the quick drain. After you’ve finished with your bath, you’ll need to drain the water before you can open the door and step out of the tub. A fast-moving drain ensures that you won’t have to wait long for the water to be released from the tub. If you don’t want the drain front and center, there are models with a right-side drain placement. The Spa World Venzi Rectangular Walk-In Bathtub is a good example of this.
For additional safety, many walk-in bathtubs, like Ella’s Bubbles 60″ x 30″ Companion Massage Walk-In Tub, have slip-resistant flooring and extra grab bars. You won’t have to worry about falls, and you’ll have the extra support you need to get from standing to sitting and vice versa.
Finally, walk-in bathtubs also offer therapeutic benefits with their water jets and in-line heaters, which make them a good choice for just about anyone. The heat and massaging jets work well to relax tense muscles. Bathers also have the option of adding a few drops of their favorite essential oils to further enhance their experience.
DYWM Fun Fact
You may be surprised at some of the silly laws some states still have about bathtubs, including walk-in tubs. For instance, the state of Arizona banned residents from allowing their donkeys to fall asleep in bathtubs. This law was enacted in 1924 and still remains in effect. If you live in Kentucky, you are required by law to bathe at least once a year. Citizens of California may want to avoid temptation and eat a snack before taking a bath, as consuming an orange while in the bath is against the law.
The Walk In Bathtub Buying Guide
- When purchasing a walk-in bathtub, one of the first things you’ll want to look for is a hi-gloss fiberglass gel coat. This not only increases the durability of the tub, but it also makes the unit much easier to clean.
- Make sure the model is ADA-compliant, as this is the best way to know that the tub’s design and special features were created to promote independence while maintaining maximum safety.
- Always check to see if the walk-in bathtub comes with any warranties, as this can save you a great deal of money down the road. The American Standard Value Series Walk-In Tub not only offers a lifetime warranty on the door’s seal, but it also provides a 10-year warranty on the tub shell and a 5-year warranty to cover the rest of the tub’s parts.
- If you’re looking to buy the walk-in tub for therapeutic benefits, you’ll need a model with a few extra jets. The Ariel Air Jet Series Walk-In Bathtub is a good choice, as it has a total of 18 air jets and 6 hydro jets.
- Individuals with arthritis would benefit from a model that has easy-to-use push-button controls. If you find a model that doesn’t already come with the push-button controls, it’s sometimes possible to request an upgrade to have them installed.
- Look to see if the unit has ozone sterilization. Ozone sterilization not only prevents mold and mildew from growing, but it works to destroy microbiological bacteria that can build up in the jets and potentially make you sick.
- It is important to remember that price varies based on features. The Ariel Air Jet Series Walk-In-Bathtub falls on the lower end at just under $3,000, while Ella’s Bubbles Companion Massage Walk-In Tub runs approximately $4,700. Both the Spa World Venzi Rectangular Walk-In Bathtub and the American Standard Value Series Walk-In Tub fall in the middle at around $3,600-$3,700.