Ella Celebration Cake Knife Set, 14-Inch
Last updated date: January 25, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cake Knives and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cake Knife you should buy.
In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the Ella Celebration Ella Celebration Cake Knife Set, 14-Inch placed 9th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 4, 2020:
Checkout The Best Cake Knife for a detailed review of all the top cake knives.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Make the Cake-Cutting Moment Shine: This beautiful serving-set will elevate your day while giving you a keepsake for years to come. Etched pattern and scalloped handles bring high-end elegance. Create a Family Heirloom: With a classic vintage design, you can pass down these pieces to future kids and grandkids for their wedding day. Stunning Quality Built to Last: This metal set with golden plating and zinc alloy will stay gorgeous for years to come. Buy As an Engagement Gift or for Yourself: Whether you're buying for the engaged couple or for yourself and your soon-to-be husband or wife, this beautiful design is one that will please anyone.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cake Knives
Every household needs a quality cake knife. Traditional knives can be used, but they aren’t specifically designed for cakes and contain pointed tips that would poke a cake. You want to use the long side of the blade to slice your tasty dessert.
Determine whether you prefer a cake knife with a serrated or smooth blade. Serrated blades, like the one found on the Darnell Nehemiah Cake Knife, 12-Inch, can also be used on harder bakery items, such as French bread. Even if you opt for a cake knife with a serrated blade, you can use the opposite smooth side to apply frosting to the outside of the cake.
Make sure the handle of the cake knife you’re interested in is sturdy and well-designed. You need it to hold up under the weight of your cut. The KUTLER Cake Slicer, 14-Inch is a good choice as it has an ergonomic handle with a solid non-slip grip.
Another option is to go with a cake knife set that includes both the knife and a server. The server is made in the shape of a slice of cake and is able to lift the slice out and onto the recipient’s plate without the cake falling apart. These sets often come in stainless steel, which is rust- and stain-resistant. Models like the Lenox Bridal Cake Knife Set, 9-Inch tend to feature a design on the handle of the knife and server for added elegance.
Check for any extras. The Reed & Barton Cake Knife Set, 11-Inch, for example, comes with a beautiful gift box. That would make it an excellent choice if you’re in need of a wedding or housewarming gift.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that National Cake Day takes place on November 26th every year? If you want to get more specific, there’s a National Devil’s Food Cake Day on May 19th and a National Chocolate Cake Day on January 27th. Of course, chances are you don’t need an excuse to bake a delicious cake for dessert!
When the term cake was first used, it meant a small flattened piece of bread, not the flaky and moist dessert we serve today at birthday parties and wedding celebrations. Speaking of weddings, you may be surprised to discover that in 2004, chefs at the Mohegan Sun Hotel and Casino created the world’s largest wedding cake. It weighed an astounding 15,032 pounds. Imagine trying to find a knife big enough to cut that cake!
The Cake Knife Buying Guide
- Always check the cake knife’s product care label to determine whether it can be placed in a dishwasher or not. Keep in mind that most utensils have a longer life when washed by hand, even if they are listed as dishwasher-safe.
- When selecting a cake knife, make sure it is at least 2-inches longer than the width of the cake.
- It’s helpful to set your cake on a turntable when slicing the cake into layers.
- Run the knife’s blade under hot water and wipe it clean with a paper towel every couple of slices. This will keep your cuts nice and smooth.
- As you compare and contrast cake knife prices, you’ll need to look at both the construction of the knife and whether it is paired with a server. The Darnell Nehemiah Cake Knife, 12-Inch is cheaper than the KUTLER Cake Slicer, 14-Inch, as it has a smaller handle that isn’t as sturdy and durable. Although the Lenox Bridal Cake Knife Set, 9-Inch is smaller than the Reed & Barton Cake Knife Set, 11-Inch, it commands a higher price because of its accents and silver-plated metal construction.