Elimoons Universal Webcam Privacy Covers, 3-Pack
Last updated date: July 12, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Webcam Privacy Covers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Webcam Privacy Cover you should buy.
Update as July 12, 2022:
Checkout The Best Webcam Privacy Cover for a detailed review of all the top webcam privacy covers.
If you're looking to protect your phone, tablet and laptop, this webcam privacy cover set is an excellent buy. It offers universal compatibility, so you can use it with virtually any device. It has a sturdy adhesive, as well as a slide cover, which gives you quick access to the webcam when you need it.
In our analysis of 23 expert reviews, the Elimoons Universal Webcam Privacy Covers, 3-Pack placed 5th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Cool Gadget: Protection against possible video surveillance from hackers. This webcam cover slide easily slides over your camera ensuring that it won’t be used as a surveillance tool against you.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Webcam Privacy Covers
Did you know that a hacker can gain access to your webcam in under 60 seconds? It’s true, but there are some things you can do to protect yourself, such as covering the webcam up when not in use. Some computer users simply place a sticker over their webcam, however, the adhesive leaves behind a film that makes the camera unusable. A webcam privacy cover protects the camera while preventing hackers from spying on you when the camera isn’t in use.
As you shop for a webcam privacy cover, you’ll want to keep in mind that covers that do not have an adhesive backing are typically designed for use with specific camera models. You’ll need to read the product’s compatibility guide before buying to ensure the cover will fit over your webcam.
No matter which type of webcam privacy cover you select, you want to make sure it’s durable and designed to last. For example, a webcam that is constructed from a high-quality aluminum alloy is able to withstand daily wear and tear. Other models are made from high-grade plastics.
If you plan on using the webcam privacy cover on a laptop or notebook, you’ll want it to be thin. This way, the device won’t interfere with closing the lid when you want to safely set it aside. The EYSOFT Webcam Cover, 5-Pack has one of the thinnest covers, which measures just 0.022 inches thick. It’s also easy to use. Consumers simply swipe the circle left to cover up the viewfinder or right to reveal it.
Opt for a webcam cover that has a strong adhesive backing, otherwise, you risk it falling off after only a few uses. Some models use a nano gel that not only holds the device in place for the long haul but also leaves behind no residue when removed.
When purchasing a webcam privacy cover multi-pack, you want to look for something that has a universal design that fits most devices. That means you can attach one to your smartphone, one to your tablet and one to your laptop without having to purchase three different types of covers.
The Webcam Privacy Cover Buying Guide
- To install a webcam privacy cover that has an adhesive backing, you must first clean the surface of the device you want the cover to go on. You can do this with a lint-free cloth. Next, you’ll need to peel away the paper backing to reveal the adhesive. Place the cover over the webcam so that the hole surrounds the viewfinder. Press and hold the privacy cover in place for approximately 15 seconds to ensure a good seal is created. The webcam cover is now ready to use.
- If your webcam cover becomes dusty, you can wipe it clean using a moist cotton swab. Some units can be taken apart into two pieces, cleaned with a little dish soap and water and reinstalled once dry.
- In addition to installing a webcam privacy cover, there are a few other steps you’ll want to take to protect yourself from hackers. Start off by enabling your firewall and updating your antivirus software to the latest version. Next, install the latest software and operating system updates. Finally, delete any emails that were not sent by a trusted source and never click on any suspicious links.
- To determine which set of webcam privacy covers is the best value, you need to divide the product’s total cost by the number of webcam covers included in the set. The EYSOFT Webcam Cover, 5-Pack is the most affordable of the bunch. The LZYDD Hooded Webcam Privacy Cover commands the highest price, possibly because it is more specialized.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide