Elfeland Battery Powered RGB Puck LED Lights, 6-Pack
Last updated date: October 19, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top LED Lights and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best LED Light you should buy.
These lights come with two remote controls to bring extra convenience to households that have more than one member. Designed to be installed under counters and shelves to illuminate an area, this set lets you easily change colors and modes with the press of a button on the provided remotes. You can also set them to automatically turn off for 10, 30, 60 or 120 minutes, as well as change modes from jump to flash to gradient. In our analysis of 0 expert reviews, the Elfeland Elfeland Battery Powered RGB Puck LED Lights, 6-Pack placed 2nd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 19, 2020:
Checkout The Best LED Lights for a detailed review of all the top led lights.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Remote & Manual Control. Closet lights are equipped with 2 remote controls,can set switches/brightness/color/lighting mode and timing.Pressing the lamp shell can turn the light ON/OFF.Pressing the +/- mark on the lamp shell can adjust brightness. 4 colors & 3 light modes. 4 preset lights:white(4000K),red,green,blue.3 light modes are jump / flash / gradinet can display 16 colors. Automatically shut down. Cabinet light can be set to turn off automatically for 10/30/60/120 minutes.The 10/30/60 buttons on the remote control correspond to 3 modes: jump,flash,gradient. Adjustable brightness. The highest brightness can reach 35 lumens.+/- button on remote and lamp shell all can be used for stepless dimming. Easy to install. Wireless design, easy to paste.Battery operated(3AAA，not included),easy to replace.Our puck lights provide refund and exchange services within 1 year.If the light is damaged or has any other problems, please contact us for replacement or refund.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On LED Lights
If you’re shopping for lighting, you’ll find LED technology now dominates the market. Short for light-emitting diode, LED lighting emits light up to 90% more efficiently than incandescent bulbs. These lights use microchips to light up the LEDs, absorbing the heat produced into a heat sink. This makes it not only a more energy-efficient option, but also a safer one.
Another benefit of LED lights is that they last longer than incandescent bulbs. That means you won’t have to worry about changing them out on a regular basis. While you should always keep a spare on hand, having a long-lasting lightbulb or fixture is especially important for lights in hard-to-reach areas, such as those hanging from high ceilings.
LED technology can be incorporated into every type of light you have in your home. This means they come in a wide range of formats. You can buy desk lamps that use LED, as well as rope lights, under-counter stick-up lights and lights for utility areas like garages and workshops. What you’ll look for in a light will depend on exactly what you need.
When you look at an LED light, you often won’t be able to tell the difference between it and other types of bulbs. They can closely resemble incandescent and fluorescent bulbs, but the light they emit will be higher quality.
One of the best things about LED lighting is that it can be directed in one area for a more powerful light without being overwhelming. For this reason, it’s important to look to see if a lighting fixture has been designed in a way that it can send light in multiple directions if you’re lighting up a large area. If it’s a desk lamp, look for one that’s designed for you to direct the light as needed.
DWYM Fun Fact
In 1962, Nick Holonyak, Jr. made the presentation that changed lighting forever, demonstrating the world’s first visible LED to executives at GE. Later, Holonyak stated his belief that LED lighting would eventually replace incandescent lights, although he likely didn’t predict how long that would take. Fairchild Optoelectronics was the first to introduce LED lighting to the wider market, releasing low-cost devices powered with LED lighting in the 1970s. By the 1980s, scientists were experimenting with bright, multicolored LEDs, but it wasn’t until 1994, when functional bright-white LED lights were finally available, that the government took notice. Soon after, the U.S. Department of Energy began encouraging the development of bright-white LED lights.
The LED Light Buying Guide
- Rope lights, also known as string lights, can be a fire hazard if they’re damaged or built incorrectly. Avoid leaving your string lights on when you aren’t present and keep them away from flammable materials. Also, frequently check the tube to see if it’s hot to the touch. Even LED lights can get too hot with the wrong design.
- If you’re installing LED lighting that doesn’t connect to a light switch, a remote is a must. Some rope lights and under-counter lights come with more than one remote so that multiple household members can have one.
- Some string lights and under-counter lights let you change the color giving you a large color palette. This can be a great way to liven things up, especially if you’re using them in a dorm room or a child’s room.
- For LED string lights, pay close attention to the length of each strand. Measure beforehand to make sure you order enough strings to reach the length you want. Some of these lights can even be cut to fit.
- LED string lights also need installation. Some come with adhesive that makes it easy, but you can also use cable clips.
- Separate stick-on lights can come in handy for lighting up those areas in your home that need it. Those include closets and under-counter areas. You can also line them up under a cabinet for a fun, colorful effect that makes your kitchen cabinets or living room shelving cast a glow.
- If you’re buying an LED for a large area like a garage or kitchen, make sure you’ll have enough to cover the entire area. You may find LED lighting is more directional in nature, which won’t cast the widespread glow you want.
- Adjustability can come in handy with LED lights. Make sure you have a fixture that can be adjusted as fully as you’ll need.