ELEMIS Superfood Lightweight Non-Greasy Face Oil
Last updated: August 5, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Face Oils and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Face Oil you should buy.
In our analysis, the ELEMIS Superfood Lightweight Non-Greasy Face Oil placed 7th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This nutrient-rich daily facial oil minimizes the look of dullness and enhances skin radiance for a healthy, glowing complexion. Lightweight, non-greasy and easily absorbed, this nourishing face oil helps to plump and smooth. Highly concentrated formula feeds your skin with a blend of 9 antioxidant Superfoods for a healthy-looking glow. Dispense 3-4 drops and massage over the face and neck. Use every morning after cleansing. Avoid contact with eyes.
Face Oil Rankings
Aging is inevitable, but there are products available today that can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. One of the most popular is retinoid, which got its start as an acne treatment until other benefits were discovered. Retinoids accelerate the turnover of superficial skin cells and increase collagen production, to help with discoloration and wrinkles.
But retinoids have side effects that include skin dryness and irritation. For that reason, you’ll often find them mixed in with ingredients that compensate for those issues. Modern face oils build in vitamins and natural oils that can help your skin both look and feel great.
Retinoids aren’t the only products that can help your skin. Lab-made peptides can help mimic the building block proteins found in your body. Vitamin C has been shown to improve the appearance of wrinkles with regular use while also protecting the skin against harmful ultraviolet rays.
There are also plenty of oils that help improve the appearance of skin. Jojoba oil helps restore the skin’s natural balance, while rosehip oil is great for hydration and reducing the appearance of blemishes and discoloration. You’ll also find coconut oil in quite a few face oils as a hydrating antioxidant.
You can buy moisturizers and serums with treatments built in. But for a more direct solution, look into oils that are applied to the face directly. Often these come in smaller bottles with stoppers, and a little will go a long way. This ensures not only is it easy to apply, but you’ll also have a format that doesn’t take up much space, making it easy to store and take with you when you travel.
By knowing the results you want to see from your face oil, you’ll be able to shop around and find the perfect solution for you. Research the various ingredients and make sure you choose a combination fit for your own needs.
- Before you buy face oil, take a look at how the product is dispensed. Many come with droppers, but this is best for when you’re only using a small amount each day.
- Although many face oils come in small bottles, pay attention to the application instructions. You may find you’re only using a few drops each week, which can ensure even a 1-ounce bottle lasts a while.
- If you’ll be taking your face oil on the go with you, pay close attention to the size and build of the bottle. If it’s glass, you may face breakage risks. You’ll probably also want to make sure it meets TSA requirements if you plan to include it in your carry-on baggage.
- Fragrance is a consideration, especially if you’re sensitive to certain odors. If you wear your oil under your makeup before leaving the house in the morning, a fragrance-free option might be in order. You can find some that eliminate scents for a lightweight, unobtrusive option.
- You can find oils that can be added to your bathwater to help moisturize your body. If you want this in addition to oils for your face, keep this in mind.
- Nourishing oils aren’t just for your face and body. You can find some that you can use on your hair, as well, to ensure you get nutrients where you need them. You can also find oils for nourishing your nails.
- There are some face oils you can apply and wear overnight for a mask-like effect. If this is something you plan to do, look for a face oil designed for that.
- Inflammation can cause and exacerbate wrinkles. If you can choose foods and supplements that reduce inflammation, you might be able to help any oil you choose do its work.