Electrohome Karaoke Machine
Last updated date: February 4, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Karaoke Machines and dug through the reviews from 10 of the most popular review sites including BestReviews, Top Ten Reviews, Armchair Empire, Karaoke Machine Critics, Consumer Search, Karaoke For All, Karaoke Machine Systems, Karaoke Island, Expert Product Reviewer, My Best Reviews and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Karaoke Machine you should buy.
In our analysis of 69 expert reviews, the Electrohome Electrohome Karaoke Machine placed 10th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 28, 2019:
Checkout The Best Karaoke Machine for a detailed review of all the top karaoke machines.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Electrohome brings you a stylish Karaoke Speaker System with high quality sound and an electrifying blue party light, all you need is a TV to display the lyrics on-screen. Like to sing, but don’t have a big library of CD+G music? We’ve solved that. The ability to connect your smartphone or tablet through the 3.5mm auxiliary input puts literally thousands of high-quality online karaoke songs at your fingertips. Use it at home or take it on a tour to friends and neighbors’ homes – the possibilities are endless.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Karaoke Machines
Few things can spice up a party like a couple of hours of karaoke. Even if you can’t carry a tune, firing up some lyrics and music and singing into a microphone can be a great way to get everyone laughing and cheering. At one time, karaoke meant heading out to a local bar or renting a pricey machine from a local party supply company. While you can still do either of those things, you can now buy in-home karaoke machines for the same price you’d pay to rent a karaoke setup for one night.
Before you buy, though, there are a few things to consider. If you’re just looking for a machine you’ll use occasionally to have fun with friends, you may come into it with different needs than someone who enjoys singing and wants features like being able to record and plug in an instrument. Many parents also invest in karaoke machines for their children, and there are machines that are more ideal for that purpose.
You may not think about it initially, but song selection is one of the most important features in a karaoke machine. Over time, you’ll grow tired of the songs that come with the machine and want to grab a few new ones. Some machines make it easy to link up to the many free karaoke videos available on sites like YouTube. Other machines provide access to an app where you can get more songs, although this feature isn’t always free. Pay close attention to this functionality before you buy.
Your karaoke machine will rely heavily on a microphone, which plugs into the device itself. Some machines let you use only one microphone at a time, which can make duets a little tricky. You can hand the microphone back and forth while you sing, but there are machines that offer two microphones. Even if you think you’ll never have a duet, it might come in handy to have that second microphone for a party you may throw a couple of years from now.
DYWM Fun Fact
Karaoke has an interesting history, starting with the fact that the word means “empty orchestra” in Japanese. It all began in 1971 in the Japanese town of Kobe, where a drummer named Daisuke Inoue came up with a way to let his clients sing along to his music. Unfortunately, Inoue never patented his invention, although vocal-free singalongs had been around for a while when he came up with his own spin on it. In 1975, a Filipino entrepreneur named Roberto del Rosario filed the first patent for the concept. Over time, karaoke went global. To this day, it remains a staple of nighttime entertainment and, now, at-home parties everywhere.
The Karaoke Machine Buying Guide
- One important thing to pay close attention to as you’re shopping is whether or not your machine includes a screen. If it doesn’t, you’ll need to link up to an app or use a site like YouTube to get your songs. The Karaoke USA Karaoke Machine is a full-feature system that includes a 7-inch thin-film-transistor screen. The Singing Machine Karaoke Machine has RCA cables that you can use to connect to your own TV screen.
- Sound is one of the most important features in a karaoke machine. With the Karaoke USA Karaoke Machine, you can adjust the bass and treble to your own preferences.
- If you’re looking for a machine that will help you hone your own singing ability, look for a karaoke machine that lets you plug additional instruments, such as guitars, into it.
- The Karaoke USA and Singing Machine karaoke machines let you record your singing sessions for later playback.
- If you’re buying a device for the children in your life, the Singing Machine karaoke machine fits the bill. It’s super easy to set up.
- Over time, you’ll grow tired of the songs that came with the unit. For that reason, it’s important to consider song availability. Some models come with mobile apps that promises access to a library of songs, along with a monthly subscription-based membership to expand to more.
- With any of these machines, you can easily find music on sites like YouTube for free, so you’ll need to simply look for a machine that lets you pull songs from online. The Karaoke USA and Singing Machine promise easy connection to your mobile device, with both connecting via Bluetooth.