Ehome String Lights
Last updated date: June 22, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Holiday Lights and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Holiday Lights you should buy.
Update as June 22, 2020:
Checkout The Best String Lights for a detailed review of all the top holiday lights.
You can't go wrong with this set of string lights, one of the more affordable light sets on the market. Thanks to the copper wire, users can bend and position the lights in a myriad of ways. That also makes them a cinch to wrap around a banister. Perhaps the biggest draw is its ability to be powered via USB port.
In our analysis of 72 expert reviews, the Ehome String Lights placed 3rd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Ehome refers to Electronic home, which means one family in China. Our goal is "Electronic Home, Easy Life", we want to bring convenience to your daily life and improve the family life quality through our product. Let our wonderful lights bring pleasant for the eyes and your mind! 1. Exquisite string lights, Ehome 100 LEDs string lights, quality string lights with multi-purpose. Shop Decoration: Resturant, Bar, Balcony ect. (Making an impression on customer) Festiavl Decoration: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas ect. (Adding festive ambience) Home Decoration: Bedroom, Garden, Indoor Furnitures ect. (Making your home attractive) Various Occasions: Wedding, Birthday Party, Graduation Party, Marriage Proposal ect. (Creating a romantic atmospheres) 2. Tiny, Adorable, Delicate, not only Functional but also Stylish. Ehome string lights are tiny, delicate, durable, not only functional but also stylish. Flexible copper wire string lights are easily molded into any shape that you desire, unlimited creativity, your only limit is your imagination. Petty 100 LEDs look like carat diamond, ultra bright-size of LED bulbs look so much more pretty than ordinary lights. 3. Impressive Quality, Low Heat and Energy Efficient. High-quality copper with waterproof function, such special design of the Starry Star Lights provide a great solution to decorate both indoors and outdoors. Imagine a set of string lights that won't overheat and are extremely light. 5V power supply and insulated paint copper wire keep it cool to touch even after 15 hours of usage. 5ft USB cord + 33ft of lighting wire makes it convenient to use and long enough to decorate. 100 individual LEDs work independently, even if one LED breaks down, the rest still can work well without being affected. No batteries are required, just plug it in the power bank, laptop or any USB Power. 4. Specifications: Material:insulated paint copper wire with silver Wire length:10m/33ft Powered by: USB charger or power bank Power supply: DC 5V LED:100 pcs LEDs Wattage:0.06w/led 6w/total Lifespan: over 40,000 hours 100 LEDs 5. Availble Colors: Warm white Blue Multi-color White
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Holiday Lights
Decorating your home or office with lights is an excellent way to get into a happy spirit. It’s even better when you can gather family or friends and put up the lights while listening to your favorite music. Before you plan your little get-together, you’ll need to make sure you have the correct lights with the right number of bulbs.
Read the product packaging to determine if the lights are safe to use outdoors. This is only important if you are planning an outdoor display. Just remember that outdoor lights can be used indoors, but indoor lights cannot be used outdoors. Indoor lights are not made to withstand wind, rain, snow and ice.
Check to see whether the lights have a green or white wire. For example, the Prextex Green Wire Light Set features green wiring in between each light, which blends in with the green foliage of an evergreen tree beautifully. A white wire would stick out in a tree but would look great across a white fireplace mantel.
Determine what type of lights you’d like, as there are a wide variety of choices. You could stick with all white lights or go with multicolored lights. You can opt for lights that flicker, flash or strobe. The TaoTronics String Lights with Remote Control has 10 different brightness settings to choose from. Thanks to the handy remote, users can even change the setting from across the room.
Size is also important, as lights come in large, regular and mini sizes. Of course, you’ll need to read the product packaging to determine how long the strand is, as the number of lights doesn’t determine this. That’s because the lights may be spaced further apart on one set than another. Even though the Ehome String Lights has 100 regular-sized lights, it’s only 4 feet shorter than the Noma/Inliten Light Set, which features 300 mini lights.
When browsing similar models, look for any extras that may set one model above the others. Does the light set come with a few replacement bulbs? Is it powered by a USB port instead of batteries or an electrical outlet? Perhaps it’s made with bendable copper wire for easier placement around picture frames and banisters.
The Holiday Lights Buying Guide
- Never use a light set that has frayed cords, empty sockets or exposed wiring.
- Never add more strands than what is recommended in the product information sheet. This could pose a fire hazard.
- When hanging outdoor lights, stick with light clips that are designed specifically for use with lights. Nails and screws work to secure the lights, but there is a risk you could puncture the cord and expose the wiring. You’ll also need to use a ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet with outdoor lights to protect against the winter elements.
- Always conduct an inspection of any lights that you have from a previous year before using them again.
- Look for a UL Safety Certification on the product label. This certification means that the lights have gone through testing and have been found to meet industry standards.
- Festive lights don’t have to be stored away 11 months out of the year. They work great to accent a family portrait or a piece of wall art. They can be used to light up your banister or an outdoor walkway for better night vision.
- If you have a strand or two of lights that no longer work, you can recycle them. Many organizations are willing to take the old lights off your hands because lights are made using copper, plastic and sometimes glass. All of these materials can be melted down to make new products, which reduces waste.
- When comparing light prices, you’ll first need to take into account how many lights are on each strand. After that, look for any extras the light set may offer. For example, the Noma/Inliten Light Set has 300 lights per strand versus the 100 lights the other sets offer, so it commands a higher price. Although the TaoTronics String Lights with Remote Control has the same amount of lights as the Prextex Green Wire Light Set and the Ehome String Lights, it costs a little more due to its added remote control and multiple brightness options.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide