ebba Plush Elephant, 9-Inch
Last updated date: November 24, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Stuffed Animals and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Stuffed Animal you should buy.
In our analysis of 43 expert reviews, the ebba ebba Plush Elephant, 9-Inch placed 11th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note December 17, 2019:
Checkout The Best Stuffed Animal for a detailed review of all the top stuffed animals.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
ebba Lil Benny Phantom characters have wonderful super-soft plush that is perfect for snuggling. L.E. Phants are in a seated position and wear an endearing expression on their face. Each piece is constructed using top quality materials for durability and softness.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Stuffed Animals
Although you may think of small children when you hear the words “stuffed animals,” these toys are actually enjoyed by individuals of all ages as well as man’s best friend. If you’re searching for the best stuffed animal for your little one, friend or family pet, there are a few things you’ll need to keep in mind.
Make sure the plush does not pose a choking hazard. For example, the Aurora Plush Penguin, 9.5-Inch has lock washer eyes that stay fastened. Other models have cotton eyes that are stitched into place, so they can’t be ripped off and swallowed by a curious toddler — or German shepherd.
Review the material used to make the stuffed animal. A child’s tendency is to snuggle the cute plush, so you want to make sure it is soft to the touch. The Bedtime Originals Plush Elephant, 8-Inch is constructed from a quality polyester that is ideal for little ones to hold during bed- or naptime.
Check to see if the stuffed animal moves or plays music. This provides an added level of entertainment for toddlers between the ages of 2 and 4, who are exploring the concept of cause and effect. One example is the GUND Animated Elephant Stuffed Animal, 12-Inch. When children press on the foot of this elephant, it flaps its ears and sings the song “Do Your Ears Hang Low.” The elephant’s ears are also oversized so that the animal can play peek-a-boo with your child.
Examine the size of the stuffed animal and make sure it is appropriate for the age of the individual you plan on gifting it to. The Melissa & Doug Giant Giraffe Stuffed Animal, 4-Feet is so big that it’s best for pre-school and kindergarten-aged children. It’s handcrafted and features wire-framed legs that are soft and bendable. Parents can even use this plush to keep an eye on how big their children are getting by taking pictures of their kids every six months standing next to the 4-foot tall giraffe.
Consider any extras that the stuffed animal may offer. Some models can be purchased and customized with a newborn’s birth date, weight and height on the animal’s belly or ears, while others have accessories, like a pacifier or outfit for dressing.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that half of the American population actually keeps a stuffed animal from childhood into adulthood? Perhaps the teddy bear or plush elephant brings back fond memories or maybe it evokes a sense of calm. If you find yourself fitting into this statistic, you may be interested to learn a few more fun facts about stuffed animals.
- According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the largest teddy bear collection is held by Arnóczki Istvánné in Hungary. She is listed as having 20,367 stuffed bears.
- Japan has a travel agency specifically for stuffed animals. Owners can book a trip for their favorite plush to tour Toyko and other exciting destinations.
- One of the world’s largest stuffed animals is a pink bunny. It’s so big that it can actually be seen from space! The rabbit is positioned on its back and rests on the Colletto Fava mountain in Italy. It’s approximately 200 feet long.
- One of the first manufacturers to produce stuffed animals came from Germany. The company, Steiff, got started in 1880 and still makes and sells stuffed animals today. They even have a museum with guided audio tours that reveals the history of their first teddy bear.
- Teddy bears were named after America’s 26th president, Theodore “Teddy” Roosevelt.
The Stuffed Animal Buying Guide
- Check the stuffed animal’s recommended age. Some are listed as not suitable for children under the age of 3, while others are approved for use with newborns.
- Read the product care label to determine how the stuffed animal should be cleaned. Some teddy bears are not machine washable, while others can be machine washed using the gentle cycle and tumble dried using the low heat setting. It’s also a good idea to remove the plush as soon as the dryer beeps.
- As your child grows, he or she may lose interest in their stuffed animals. You may wish to save a few of your child’s favorites to pass on to any future grandkids. To do this you’ll need a box that has a few moisture-absorbing gel packs placed in the corners. Place the toys in the box and seal it up to keep moths and other critters out. Label the box and then store it in a location that is cool and dry.
- Unfortunately, lice is commonly passed among children. If this pest enters your home, it can live on your child’s stuffed animals. You’ll need to toss your plush creatures in a plastic bag and make sure the bag is sealed shut. Set the bag in an attic or garage for three weeks. Afterward, the toys will be safe for your child to play with.
- Some parents opt to rotate their child’s toys. This keeps kids from getting bored or overwhelmed by a large number of available toys at once. Keep a large plastic tote in a closet or attic. Place a few stuffed animals and other toys in it that can be tucked away for a month or two. After your designated amount of time has passed, switch the toys in the tote with toys in your child’s playroom. Repeat every month or two.
- As you compare prices for the stuffed animals you’re interested in buying, you’ll need to take into consideration any extra features the plush may have. For example, the Bedtime Originals Plush Elephant, 8-Inch and Aurora Plush Penguin, 9.5-Inch are basic stuffed animals and are therefore low in price. The GUND Animated Elephant Stuffed Animal, 12-Inch, however, costs more because it also sings and flaps its ears. At the top of the price range, you’ll find the Melissa & Doug Giant Giraffe Stuffed Animal, 4-Feet. This plush stands taller than most children and features wire-framed legs that can be bent during play.