Eastman Self-Feeding Auger Brush Dryer Vent Cleaner Kit
Last updated date: March 14, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dryer Vent Cleaner Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dryer Vent Cleaner Kit you should buy.
Update as March 28, 2023:
Checkout The Best Dryer Vent Cleaner Kit for a detailed review of all the top dryer vent cleaner kits.
In our analysis, the Eastman Eastman Self-Feeding Auger Brush Dryer Vent Cleaner Kit placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
DRYER VENT CLEANER KIT: Lint Wizard dryer vent cleaning equipment makes it easy to regularly clean clothes dryer vent systems, and effectively removes dangerous lint buildup in almost every type of dryer vent, eliminating a leading cause of house fires. FUNCTIONALITY: The rotating action of the auger brush and flexible rods scours your entire vent wall surface while traversing the multiple turns that are common in most dryer vent systems; dryer vent cleaning snake kit includes adapters which enable you to use the air from the clothes dryer, shop vacuum or electric blower to completely remove lint from the vent while rotary cleaning at the same time. WHAT IS INCLUDED: Includes (6) 2 ft long flexible quick-snap rods, (1) blockage removal tool, (1) self-feeding 4 inch diameter auger brush, and (1) 2-1/2 inch diameter lint trap brush. EASY TO USE: The indoor dryer vent kit is easy to use with a cordless drill; the adapter converts your drill to accept the Lint Wizard quick snap flex rods in a fast and secure manner, so that the drill can turn in both directions. SAFETY: The dryer vent cleaning kit helps prevent dryer fires by removing lint buildup in the exhaust vent, lint trap, and around the dryer; helps to reduce drying times which saves energy and time doing laundry.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dryer Vent Cleaner Kits
Clothes dryers can be a home safety hazard. In fact, 2,900 clothes dryer fires are reported every year, causing deaths, injuries and property losses. One of the best things you can do to prevent serious loss is to never run your dryer unless you’re awake and nearby to supervise it. Starting a load of laundry before leaving the house or going to bed might mean you aren’t awake to see the signs and take action.
But there’s another measure you can take to reduce your risk of a household fire altogether. The top cause of clothes dryer-related home fires is failure to clean it. Cleaning the lint out of the filter after every single load is an important first step, but it isn’t the only step. Lint can build up in the back of the dryer and the vent pipe.
Luckily, there are things you can do to keep your clothes dryer in fighting shape. You can pay a service to thoroughly clean your dryer periodically, but it’s also something you can do on your own if you want to save money. You’ll need a few supplies to start, including:
- Microfiber cloth
- Water and vinegar mix
- Cleaning brushes
- Vacuum with hose (optional)
- Drill (optional)
Both a vacuum and drill can not only speed up the cleaning process but also make it more efficient and thorough. But those devices need hose attachments that can reach into the nooks and crannies of your dryer and vent.
A dryer vent cleaning kit will give you a hose that can attach to your vacuum cleaner or power drill. These hoses typically can be used on their own, as well, to clean those areas where suction isn’t necessary to remove lint. Many come with a brush to eliminate stubborn lint and dirt, as well as the adapters necessary to work with some of the most common vacuum cleaners or drills. Before you get started, make sure you know the type of hoses you need so that you get the kit that works best for your situation.
The Dryer Vent Cleaner Kit Buying Guide
- There are some signs your clothes dryer needs cleaning. If your clothes are taking longer than usual to dry, it could be because your exhaust opening is clogged. You should also listen for squeaking and take quick action if you smell burning. Also, if the dryer and your clothes seem hot to the touch, it could be a sign your dryer is overheating.
- Vent cleaning kits can also help with cleaning other household items that can be prone to lint buildup. One popular use is the vent in back of the refrigerator, which can easily build up lint. You can also use these vacuum attachments for those areas between cushions on your sofa and car seats.
- Before buying a dryer vent cleaning kit, note the accessories that are included. Some simply include a hose, while others have a brush that can do the extra scrubbing you might need. Some are designed to be used with a power drill instead of a vacuum cleaner and will have the attachment and hardware necessary to make the connection.
- Take a look at how long the hose is. Dryer vent cleaner hoses can vary in length, but some are 30 or 40 feet long, which comes in handy when you’re trying to reach behind a refrigerator or dryer. It might allow you to scoot the appliance out just a little to access the backside, saving effort.
- Compatibility isn’t guaranteed. While many dryer vent cleaning kits promise to work with a variety of vacuum cleaners or drills, you may find that yours isn’t one of them. Take a look at your vacuum or drill to make sure it will work with the kit you’re considering.
- Flexibility is a big benefit of a dryer vent cleaning hose. Having one that can bend to work with the curves will make it easier to get behind your dryer and inside your dryer vent.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide