EAGMAK Non-Slip Professional Pastry Cutter, 2-Piece
Last updated date: August 2, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pastry Cutters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pastry Cutter you should buy.
Update as August 2, 2022:
Checkout The Best Pastry Cutter for a detailed review of all the top pastry cutters.
You'll find this pastry cutter set comes in a choice of black, blue or gray non-slip handles. The set includes both a dough cutter and a pasty scraper for chopping fruits and mixing both wet and dry ingredients together. Since the set is dishwasher-safe, cleaning up after a day of baking is a breeze.
In our analysis of 49 expert reviews, the EAGMAK Non-Slip Professional Pastry Cutter, 2-Piece placed 3rd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Premium Quality Stainless Steel: EAGMAK dough blender with five blades and pastry cutter are made of high quality food grade stainless steel, no rust, free of toxins and no chemicals, it’s healthier for you and your family! Sturdy & Durable and Versatile: Cuts through butter or dough easily and beautifully without break and bend. these professional baking tools can also use to mash fresh applesauce, chop nuts, or mix fruits for homemade jams. and use cutter cut candy, chop garlic or cut meats or veggies, even cut pizza! Effortless Less Mixing: Our pastry blender cut butter or margarine quickly and throughly into dry ingredients such as flour, sugar or baking powder, combining a set of wet and dry ingredients seamless. An ideal must-have tool for your kitchen! Soft Non-slip Grip Handle: Absorbs pressure so you can save time and energy. The suitable size handle fits your hand perfectly, it’s comfortable and won’t slip even with wet hands. No more sore hands and wrists, heavy duty without being heavy! Easy to Clean & Dishwasher Safe: Clean easily with warm water and mild detergent, dishwasher safe!
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pastry Cutters
Making delicious foods like pastries and cookies can be fun and rewarding, provided you have the proper tools. One of those tools is a pastry cutter, which you’ll need to use if you ever see a recipe that calls for “cutting” butter into the dough. This direction is designed to keep the butter from becoming incorporated into the dough itself.
You don’t need a pastry cutter to cut butter into dough, but it makes the task much easier. You can, instead, put dough on your fingers and quickly press the butter in, but if you aren’t careful, the butter will begin to melt, and the integrity of the recipe will be at risk. You can also use a food processor, but those are more expensive and involved than a pastry cutter, which is an affordable item you can keep in your kitchen cabinet for whenever you need it.
When you’re working with dough, your hands and wrists can suffer fatigue after a while. A rubberized handle can cut down on that, providing cushioning that will keep your hands comfortable for a typical cutting session. Some pastry cutters also come in multiple sizes, which comes in handy if you have large hands that make standard pastry cutters difficult to maneuver.
Many pastry cutters are sold in sets that include cookie or biscuit cutters. You may only need a pastry cutter, at which point this type of bundle won’t help you, but it’s worth considering if you think you might ever want to make cookies or biscuits. Some biscuit cutters are even available in multiple sizes to let you customize your baking experience.
The blade of your pastry cutter is also an important feature. You’ll see some pastry cutters that advertise a thin blade, while others promote the durability of their thicker blades. Thin, sharp blades can be very effective in cutting through hard, sticky dough, so they might be a more versatile option.
The Pastry Cutter Buying Guide
- Although many pastry cutters emphasize how durable and heavy-duty they are, the truth is that most can withstand years of use without incident. However, a sturdier build can also make a pastry cutter easier to use, especially if the handle is thick and rubber-covered. That rubber will soften the contact between the cutter and your hand, making for a more comfortable cutting experience.
- One concern with pastry cutters is rust. Look for food-grade stainless steel construction.
- In addition to comfort, a rubberized handle can also prevent your hand from slipping while you’re cutting, which helps keep you safe. No matter what handle your pastry cutter of choice has, make sure slipping won’t be a problem.
- Pastry cutters can go well beyond cutting butter into dough. They can be used as mashers and blenders for making baby food, hard-boiled eggs, guacamole and much more.
- With the pastry cutters that include cookie cutters, consider the types of cookies you’ll make. Some sets include decorating stencils that will allow you to make festive cookies for the holidays or other occasions.
- Cleanup is another factor, especially considering how messy working with dough can be. Most pastry cutters are dishwasher safe, but for best results, wash them on the top rack.
- Since the blades of pastry cutters can be sharp, it’s important to keep safety in mind as you pick one, particularly if the youngest members of your family will be helping you out. Some pastry cutters have rolled-top edges for foolproof cutting, but you should always use caution when working around blades. Some biscuit cutters have dangerous seams, so look for one with a more seamless design if safety is a concern.
- Another safety concern relates more to chemicals leaching into the food you’re making. Food-grade stainless steel takes this into consideration, often ensuring there are no chemicals or toxins that can worry health-conscious households.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide