EA Sports Madden NFL 17
Last updated date: May 11, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top PS4 Games and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best PS4 Game you should buy.
Update as July 2, 2019:
Checkout The Best PS4 Game for a detailed review of all the top ps4 games.
In our analysis of 155 expert reviews, the EA Sports Madden NFL 17 placed 16th when we looked at the top 19 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Take your team all the way in Madden NFL 17 and put yourself at the center of your team’s Championship run in Franchise mode, delivering all-new ways to play and more decisions to make. Driven by the most balanced gameplay yet, the deepest commentary in Madden NFL franchise history, along with fun and fresh ways to play modes such as Ultimate Team and Draft Champions, Madden NFL 17 is the most complete Madden…ever. GAMEPLAY: Ball-Carrier Feedback System: New prompts and path assist help identify defensive threats and recommend special moves to elude any defender. Pass & Rush Counters: Simplify play-calling on defense. Think you know what your opponent is going to do, but don’t know the defensive formation to stop it? Decide to defend the pass or run and let your defense do the rest. Featuring the most realistic defensive AI to date, grounded in current NFL strategies, all-new “Gap Play” puts your defenders in the box, in position to stop the run up the middle, while your zone defense delivers on pass coverage. Special Teams: Welcome the excitement of special teams back to Madden NFL. The ability to ice the kicker matches the challenge in today’s critical field goal attempts, while new elements of risk and reward through trick plays and blocked kicks can now change the outcome of any game in one play. FRANCHISE: Play the Moments: Experience Franchise faster than ever. Jump into game-defining plays, drives and situations that matter to you, speeding up your experience and delivering more fun. Is your team in a rebuilding year? Get back to the playoffs and win that championship quicker with the all-new Play the Moments. Game Planning: Know your opponents’ tendencies every week, then pick the right drills to attack and counter those tendencies in game. This new level of strategy delivers more variety and more fun when preparing for your next opponent, whether it’s a user or a computer simulated player. Once you’re in game, expect to see a team boost for plays you’ve practiced, helping you earn that critical score or a defensive stand to secure the win. Big Decisions: Big moments come to you, with the right information at the right time. Do you start your star QB with a lingering injury or go to your unproven back-up with a playoff spot on the line? Big Decisions begins a new direction in your career mode, delivering more strategy, more control and more fun. Community Requests: Several Madden NFL community’s top requested features round out Franchise Mode with the addition of the practice squad, full-player editing, and the in-game ticker that keeps you updated with scores from around the league. PRESENTATION: Commentary: Madden NFL 17 delivers our most authentic commentary in Madden NFL history with the addition of an all-new, in-studio team featuring Brandon Gaudin and Charles Davis. With access to the team year-round, commentary has been completely rebuilt from the ground up, providing players with unprecedented depth and analysis. With the ability to provide content updates throughout the NFL season, experience fresh and dynamic commentary all season long! Cameras Focused on You: New, authentic broadcast cameras put you at the center of the story, creating a more immersive experience from practice all the way to the Super Bowl. Sounds of the Game: In-game audio has never sounded so real, from hits to crowd reactions and everything in between. Almost every sound in the game has been re-designed and re-recorded at the world class Pinewood Studios.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On PS4 Games
- If you haven’t played Ubisoft “Assassin’s Creed Origins” in a while, it may be worth a relook. The award-winning game has undergone a recent revamp, taking it in the direction of a role-playing game. However, it’s still technically a stealth game, requiring the player to master the ability to sneak up on opponents.
- When it comes down to it, many of today’s top games excel at worldbuilding. With Ubisoft “Assassin’s Creed Origins,” it’s all about the map. This version has the largest and most connected map in all the renditions. You’ll find even when you’re out in the middle of the desert, there are plenty of awe-inspiring views. The game will take you deep into the heart of Egypt, immersing you in the ancient culture of the country.
- The open-world Konami “Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain” also offers a sizeable map, with mesmerizing landscapes and photorealistic graphics.
- If you’ve played “Grand Theft Auto” before, you’re probably already familiar with the meticulous detail put into the graphics. Rockstar “Grand Theft Auto 5” has realism all the way down to weather and lighting effects. This lends authenticity to the experience that makes you feel as though you’re truly a part of that world.
- One of the best things about Warner Brothers “Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War” Gold Edition is that it helps you grow as a player. The game takes note of moves that you haven’t yet used and coaches you to complete them in order to become better at virtual combat.
- One new feature that will enhance your experience with Konami “Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain” is the Fulton surface-to-air recovery system. It also adds Mother Base to your adventures, which means Big Boss will have more resources than in previous Metal Gear games.
- Storylines have become huge in many of today’s PS4 games, but many of them have a problem with growing repetitive over time. As with previous iterations, Ubisoft “Assassin’s Creed Origins” has an engaging storyline. However, some find the quests are repetitive over time, and you may find that finding the loot is too easy if you’re a more experienced player. Missions with Konami “Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain” can also become repetitive. Although the story is captivating, it doesn’t seem to have as many twists and turns as other open-world games. Rockstar “Grand Theft Auto 5” is all based on auto heists, which provide plenty of adventures without a complex storyline. The quests in Warner Brothers “Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War” Gold Edition can also become repetitive.
- Although Konami “Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain” repeats itself over time, it’s important to note that you drive the storyline in open-world games, and this game gives you plenty of opportunities to make it your own.
- If your setup supports 4K resolution, you may want to sway toward Ubisoft “Assassin’s Creed Origins,” which offers 4K gameplay as an option.
- Lack of responsiveness can become frustrating with any game. The controls with Ubisoft “Assassin’s Creed Origins” can feel a bit awkward at times. That means combat can tend to feel unnatural, with attacks not landing quite the blow they feel like they should.
- Many players prefer the spirit of competition that comes with playing others. Konami “Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain” offers both solo and online team gameplay options.
- For gamers on a budget, Rockstar “Grand Theft Auto 5” is the best option, selling for less than $20. Ubisoft “Assassin’s Creed Origins,” Konami “Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain” and Warner Brothers “Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War” Gold Edition can be found in the $20-$30 range. But the Warner Brothers “Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War” Gold Edition includes a season pass, which expands your gameplay options.
The PS4 Game Buying Guide
Your PS4 is all hooked up and ready to go. Now you just need the perfect game to get you started. If you’ve owned a PlayStation before, you probably have a few favorites of your own, but it can’t hurt to take a look at what’s out there. You may even find that a game you tried in the past has improved so much in recent versions, you’ll want to try it again.
With so many PS4 games available, though, you’ll first need to narrow down the type of game you want to play. There are role-playing games, abbreviated RPG, which are among the most popular. RPGs kicked off with games like “Dungeons & Dragons” and continue today with popular options like “Final Fantasy.”
The vast majority of games will fall under the action header, which includes the many shooter games you find when you’re looking around. This genre also includes fighting and combat games like “Street Fighter” and “Double Dragon,” as well as stealth games like “Assassin’s Creed Origins.”
Another video game category that’s popular with many players is open-world games. “Assassin’s Creed Origins” falls into this category, as does “Konami “Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.” With an open-world game, you’re free to move around a virtual environment, choosing how you reach particular goals. These games have become increasingly popular as gamers seek to feel as though they’re part of an adventure, rather than just competing to win.
There are plenty of factors beyond gameplay, including the visuals on the screen in front of you. You’ll want to spend time in a world that’s immersive, rather than one that takes away from the experience. If you have a 4K TV, you’ll find your options are narrowed considerably since not all PS4 games are built to render at that resolution. Some games also have technical glitches that slow down response time, a flaw that can be extremely frustrating if you’re just trying to enjoy some game time.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide