EA Need For Speed Rivals
Last updated date: June 10, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as June 12, 2019:
Checkout The Best Car Game for a detailed review of all the top .
For the most adventurous gamers, the EA Need For Speed Rivals packs in plenty of thrills, including opportunities for aggressive maneuvers. There are some occasional glitches with this game, which can result in the failure to save your progress. This is among the more expensive racing games, although it still falls below the $50 mark.
In our analysis of 67 expert reviews, the EA Need For Speed Rivals placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
THE COMPLETE EDITION WILL INCLUDE ALL SIX OF THE PREVIOUSLY RELEASED DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT SUCH AS FERRARI EDITION SPECIAL COMPLETE PACK, SIMPLY JAGUAR COMPLETE PACK, CONCEPT LAMBORGH INI COMPLETE PACK, THE KOENIGSEGG AGERA ONE, COMPLETE MOVIE PAC K AND LOADED GARAGE PACK.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
- As graphics have advanced, gamers have begun to expect the best when it comes to onscreen visuals. The Evolution Studios Drive Club has stunning graphics that bring the cars to life, truly immersing you in the world. Developers have worked to create as realistic a racing experience as possible to make sure you truly enjoy the experience.
- Occasionally, the EA Need For Speed Rivals has glitches that interfere with the experience, especially if your connection isn’t strong.
- Nostalgic gamers gravitate toward Ubisoft Track Mania Turbo, which combines elements from various classic arcade racing games. This means it lacks the polish of modern graphics by design. If you want to recreate the feeling of dropping quarters into a game at the local arcade, though, this is the racer for you.
- If you’re a beginner, you may want to gravitate toward Psyonix Rocket League, which is easier to learn than competing car games.
- Team play is now a very important part of playing games on a PlayStation console. You don’t even have to be seated next to the person you’re playing. The Psyonix Rocket League has a 4-player split-screen mode that allows you to play others locally or online. Evolution Studios Drive Club has a unique “club” setup that lets you team up with as many as 12 other drivers to earn bonuses and online currency. Ubisoft Track Mania Turbo sets up rooms where up to 100 people can join and race on maps you created. With that game, though, you don’t get the option of wheel-to-wheel co-op racing, which may be a deal breaker.
- The Ubisoft Track Mania Turbo is a timed game, giving you only five minutes to compete with others for the fastest performance. There is an option for traditional races, but the timed feature creates that tension that most competitive gamers love.
- If you’re playing in portable mode, it’s important to take a close look at how your game will look. The Psyonix Rocket League shrinks down so small, it’s tough to be precise in your gameplay. If you choose the split-screen option, it gets even more difficult.
- The Evolution Studios Drive Club takes immersion to the next level, letting you look around from your seat.
- It’s also important to consider the sound experience. The music on the Evolution Studios Drive Club can be a bit distracting, so watch some demos before you buy to make sure it will work for you.
- Even with all the other elements, though, it all comes down to the gameplay itself. The EA Need For Speed Rivals is especially exhilarating, striking a great balance between cops and racers. If you prefer aggressive maneuvering, this is the game for you.
- The nostalgic Ubisoft Track Mania Turbo is no slouch. You’ll get plenty of speed and stunts to keep you entertained. However, it is more challenging than other racers. In order to unlock the final tracks, you’ll need to achieve 190 out of 200 gold medals, which can take some time unless you’re a more advanced gamer.
- If you stop playing, you’ll want to make sure your progress is saved. This feature is included with most PlayStation games, but EA Need For Speed Rivals is prone to occasional online glitches that can lose your progress.
- Although most PlayStation games are affordable, you may be on a gaming budget, which makes price a consideration. The most expensive is EA Need For Speed Rivals, which tops $40. Two games, Evolution Studios Drive Club and Ubisoft Track Mania Turbo, cost less than $20 each.
The Buying Guide
You may never race on the NASCAR Super Speedway, but you can come close to it, thanks to today’s lifelike popular racing games. With a joystick in hand, you can speed around the track from the safety of your sofa or gaming chair. Best of all, many newer car games let you race other people, both online and locally.
Graphics are a top consideration when it comes to today’s racing games. Top designers work hard to create a game that immerses players in the experience. The goal is to make you feel as though you’re wrapped in a beautiful world. This includes both the cars you’re driving and the surrounding scenery, even if you only notice the latter on a subconscious level. Many car games include at least one video demonstration if you’re buying online, so make sure you watch before you buy to choose the world that you want to inhabit.
As appealing as flashy graphics are, sometimes it’s just about nostalgia. Some video games now seek to recreate the feeling adults had standing in an arcade, playing games, in previous generations. That means you won’t get the flash and polish of more modern games, but you’ll have an enjoyable experience for other reasons.
Chances are, though, the gaming experience itself is the most important factor when you’re choosing a game. The same online demos that let you try out the graphics will also allow you to view parts of the game itself. Some gamers want a racer that allows them to make aggressive moves, while others prefer the challenge of a timed race.
One of the biggest benefits of today’s games is the ability to race players across the globe. Team setups differ from one game to another, but some games provide a split-screen mode to make team play easier. Make sure you’ll have the level of competition and interaction you want with whatever game you choose.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide