E-Z UP Sierra II Canopy Tent
Last updated date: October 30, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Canopy Tents and dug through the reviews from 8 of the most popular review sites including A Top Daily, Listderful, Canopy Tent Advisor, CanopyKingpin, FabatHome, BeachGiraffe, Our Pick, Seaside Planet and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Canopy Tent you should buy.
The E-Z Up Sierra II Canopy Tent has great protection from the sun for those long summer days at the beach. The plastic canopy is flexible, so the wind won’t tear it to shreds, even in heftier gusts. In addition, the tent's lightweightness makes it easy to transport from home to without straining your back. In our analysis of 92 expert reviews, the E-Z UP E-Z UP Sierra II Canopy Tent placed 3rd when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 30, 2019:
Checkout The Best Canopy (Pop-Up) Tents for a detailed review of all the top canopy tents.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
E-Z UP Sierra II Instant Shelter. Get Shade Anywhere. Now stronger and even easier to open, the Sierra II Instant Shelter is a high-quality shelter designed for years of recreational use. Upgraded Cool Grey components enhance the performance, while adding a touch of style. The classic slant-leg design adds stability and the UV resistant top offers better protection from the sun. The lightweight E-Z UP canopy is the ideal shade solution for sporting events, backyards, picnics, parties, relaxing on the beach, and so much more. The E-Z UP Difference As the industry leader E-Z UP has worked tirelessly to perfect their unique designs, taking both new technology and customer feedback into account, and are proud to make their award winning products better and better. E-Z UP Products are loaded with completely new innovations and a range of improved features that are designed to enchance your E-Z UP brand product experience even further. For nearly 30 years, E-Z UP has produced high quality shelters and are confident there is a model and price to fit any of your needs. From concept, to development, to finished product, E-Z UP meticulously designs, engineers and tests each individual element of their patented systems. E-Z UP employs a broad range of sophisticated design and manufacturing processes which come together to make the E-Z UP family of products reliable and hassle free, every time. Sierra II Instant Shelter Features: Clear Span Cathedral Ceiling Toggle Leg Adjustment: Adjustable legs with 2 height options E-Z Glide Truss Washers: Increased Stability Auto Slider Pull-Pin: Improved Auto Slider Pull-Pin for quick lock release. High-Strength End Caps:Heavy-duty end caps for greater durability Includes convenient roller bag & stakes 2 Year Warranty What's Included? Fabric Top Folding Powder-Coated Steel Frame Convenient Roller Bag Spike Kit 2 Year Warranty
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Canopy Tents
Whether you are heading to the beach for the day or perhaps tailgating before a game, canopy tents are the best to keep you protected from the elements. There are several types of canopy tents. Pop-up tents are the most convenient for situations like these. Take your time considering the uses and events you will use the pop-up tent for, and with those in mind, you’ll be sure to find the best canopy pop-up tent.
“Canopy tents are great for offering protection from the wind and sun. They’re also very versatile,” says outdoor and camping expert Shawna Newman, editor-in-chief of Active Weekender. “You can take them camping, to the beach, tailgating at the big game, or even use one to setup a booth at your local farmer’s market.”
One factor you’ll want to consider is size. How many people will be using your tent? Do you need a lot of space at the top in addition to floor space?
“It’s important that you buy the proper size canopy tent, otherwise tall people will have to crouch when standing inside,” Newman explains. “A model with a cathedral ceiling is ideal for headspace.”
Additionally, you’ll want to look for quality. Look at the materials the tents are made from and the features they offer.
“The best canopy tents are made of a thicker water-resistant polyester,” says Newman. “The thickness should be labeled on the product for you to see. The thicker it is, the more durable it is and the more rain it can handle. If you want maximum UV protection on sunny days, then the best options for this are the models with a UV-protection vinyl coating. Sidewalls, which offer protection from sun and wind, are another hallmark of a higher quality canopy tent.”
There is nothing worse than spending the day on the beach, enjoying the sun and sand just to come home and suffer from sunburn the following days. Even sunscreen cannot protect you from the strength of the sun for an entire day. So plan ahead and pack a canopy tent for those times. If this is the main purpose of buying a canopy pop-up tent, perhaps consider one that offers UV ray protection. This E-Z Up Sierra II Canopy Tent will be ideal with excellent 99% UV protection and two height options with adjustable legs. In addition, the tent is sold with a convenient, water-resistant carrying case.
If you are looking to “up” your tailgating game, you may want a canopy that can withstand any wind or rain. Since you may not know the terrain on which you’ll be setting the tent on, it would be a good idea to find a canopy that offers a stronger steel frame or some sort of free-standing stabilizer.
The ABC Canopy Pop-up Canopy Tent has it all for tailgating. This 10 x 10-foot canopy features extremely durable material that offers UPF of 50 and UV protection. It not only comes with stakes for grassy or sandy areas, but also four sandbags to attach to the legs for harder surfaces that the stakes won’t penetrate. Add the handy wheeled case that it easily slips back in to, and you will have yourself an incredible asset for tailgating.
Now, if you are an event vendor and offer your services for outdoor events, you most certainly want to have a canopy tent that is not only beautiful in presentation, but also protects your equipment from the rain, wind and sun.
For disc jockeys, bartenders and photo booth vendors, the Eurmax Ez Pop Tent Instant Canopy offers the best resolution for outdoor events. With drop-down sides, this tent will surely keep you safe from rain and wind and give you the display you want. The added perk of sandbags for the legs provides stability through stormy weather. When it’s time to pack up, break it down in a few easy steps and slip it into the rolling storage bag included. You won’t want to ever be without this tent for an outdoor event.
When you want a simple tent that will give you coverage during your backyard cookout, the Coleman Instant Pop-up Canopy Tent is the one. The large 13X13 foot spread of this tent allows for more mingling space underneath. The roof vent resists pooling when you have rainstorms, and the unparalleled three-minute setup will help prepare you for impending storm clouds in no time. The heavy-duty material is UV protective, and the corner stakes keep the canopy portion from flipping upwards in cases of wind gusts. In addition, the carrying bag has wheels on the bottom for easy transportation.
There is no doubt, a canopy pop-up tent is an asset to have for all events. You will find that it pays for itself after just one use and prevents those hefty rental fees when you absolutely need one. These are just a few of the best canopy pop-up tents available today.
When using your tent, just remember to add the sandbags and anchor the legs properly, for safety reasons.
“A swift gust of wind will have it airborne if you don’t have those legs securely anchored,” says Newman.
DYWM Fun Fact
- Although the idea of tents has been around since the beginning of time, it was not until the 20th century that the recreational tent was in the spotlight. Before this time, the military was the driving force behind innovative tent designs.
- They experimented with different types of materials that would work in all terrains and climates to best protect their troops. Way back in the day, people used cow skin as the canopy material for its water-resistance and sturdiness.
- Throughout the experimental stages, soldiers encountered some tight spots with tents. At one point, soldiers called their sleeping tents “pup tents” because they were not even roomy enough for a grown dog. Modern day camping tents can fit entire families for a comfortable camping trip.
- Today’s canopy pop-up tents are an incredibly easy-to-use alternative to previously designed tents that required hours of setup to use. You’ll appreciate the modern convenience of these canopy pop-up tents every time you set one up in just a handful of minutes.
The Canopy Tent Buying Guide
- Aluminum frame tents are best if you are looking for a lightweight option that is easy to setup and break down. However, aluminum will bend easier if confronted with strong winds or rough use.
- For an area that often sees tough winds and gusty weather, a steel frame canopy is the one to consider. The sturdy construction of steel will not allow for easy bending even in the toughest of weather.
- Although a dark color may be your first choice for your canopy tent, remember that dark color fabrics will retain heat. So, if you live in an area that is usually hot, try to go for a lighter color.
- Color will block UV rays better than a white canopy. So, if this is going to be primarily a beach tent, try for a light color to keep you protected from the sun but not sweltering in the heat.
- To give you a general idea of what the size means, a 10 x 10 foot canopy allows for roughly 16-20 people to stand and mingle, 10-12 around a table, and roughly 3-4 beach chairs underneath.
- Most canopies consist of polyester fabric. This comes in a variety of thicknesses. So when you see a rating for the fabric, it is referring to the thickness. The thicker the material, the better.