e.l.f. Cruelty-Free & Vegan Highly-Pigmented Eyeliner
Last updated date: May 19, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Eyeliners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Eyeliner you should buy.
Update as May 19, 2022:
Checkout The Best Eyeliners for a detailed review of all the top eyeliners.
This ultra-pigmented eyeliner will give you an intense look. It is waterproof with great staying power. The eyeliner can be used on your lash line, waterline or all over the lid.
In our analysis of 23 expert reviews, the e.l.f. Cruelty-Free & Vegan Highly-Pigmented Eyeliner placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The No Budge Retractable Eyeliner is your secret weapon to a flawless face. No need to worry about raccoon eyes here, this liner is locked until you’re ready for it to come off with the rest of your makeup. Go for a subtle look, or apply all over the lids as a base for eyeshadow for an intense, dramatic, runway-inspired look. Either way you’ll look e.l.f.ing amazing. e.l.f. makes the best of beauty accessible to every eye, lip, and face. Your originality is infinite, and we are inspired by what makes you unique. From the early explorer to the trend-obsessed beauty junkie-glam or bare faced, minimalist, maximalist and every look in between-we are for every eye, lip, and face. Proud to be 100% vegan and cruelty-free, worldwide.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Eyeliners
Eyeliner is a great way to express your creativity. However, there are so many different types of eyeliner – how do you know which one is right for your needs? A popular variety is liquid eyeliner, which allows you do draw with a sharp, precise brush to create defined lines. This is a good choice if you like the winged retro look and like making flicks or scoops at the sides of your eyes. Gel eyeliner is perfect for getting a satiny finish. It glides on smoothly and looks very professional. However, it can take a little while to get the hang of it.
For those who prefer a more subtle look, pencil eyeliner is a good choice. It can also be used to color on the waterlines of your eyes, which isn’t possible with liquid or gel eyeliner. Pen eyeliner is quick to apply thanks to the sharp tip. They don’t show up as dark as pencil eyeliner so you may need multiple coats to achieve the look you’re going for. A traditional style of eyeliner which has been used for centuries is kohl. It glides on smoothly but it is likely to smudge, so you have to be careful when wearing it. There are some smudge-resistant styles of kohl available as well. If you’re a beginner and new to makeup, cream eyeliners may be a good option. They are the easiest to rub off, so you can re-do the lines if you didn’t get them right the first time.
The Eyeliner Buying Guide
- In addition to the type of eyeliner, you also need to think about the type of applicator – which is how you actually apply the eyeliner to your skin. Many types, such as liquids, come with a pen-like applicator, which is easy to hold and maneuver. There are also felt-tip applicators which are great for making thicker lines as well as thin ones. Keep in mind that they may dry out quickly. Another type is a brush applicator, which is similar to the type of brush you get with nail polish. It can be more difficult to control and maneuver this applicator, but you are able to create different line thicknesses with it. Pencil applicators are easy to use and a good choice for most beginners.
- Waterproof eyeliner formula are designed for long-lasting wear. However, keep in mind that they are also difficult to take off. Another issue is if you live in a humid climate, your eyeliner may be more likely to run or drip. In this case, waterproof eyeliner is a necessity.
- Opt for high pigment formula as this way you don’t need to put on multiple layers of liner in order to get a bold color. Plus, this type of eyeliner typically goes on smooth and clean and doesn’t damage the sensitive skin around your eyes.
- Most styles of eyeliner are available in multiple colors. However, arguably black eyeliner is the most popular as it works with so many different types of makeup looks and fashion style. You can also find eyeliner in other colors such as brown, blue, green and red.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide