DuKabel 3.5mm Auxillary Audio Cable, 4-Foot
Last updated date: February 23, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Auxiliary Audio Cables and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Auxiliary Audio Cable you should buy.
Update as September 14, 2021:
Checkout The Best Auxiliary Audio Cable for a detailed review of all the top auxiliary audio cables.
In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the DuKabel 3.5mm Auxillary Audio Cable, 4-Foot placed 7th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Our core engineering ethos dictates that form should follow function, but with the Top Series we wanted to create something which not only performs superbly, but possesses a visual and tactile quality which together create a durable, distinctive ‘heritage’ product.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Auxiliary Audio Cables
If you grew up in an era before smartphones and mp3 players, you’re probably all too familiar with auxiliary audio cables. They connected to a jack on your stereo system, then plugged into your headphones so that you could listen to your favorite albums, cassette tapes and, later, CDs. But auxiliary cables didn’t disappear as consumers moved from stereo systems to mobile music devices. In fact, in many ways, we need them now more than ever.
Yes, many over-ear headphones come with a cable that plugs right into a jack, but chances are, you won’t get the highest-quality cable in that format. A dedicated auxiliary cable will be built with the best components to ensure as sound travels to your ears, you experience minimal quality loss. That protects the audio so it comes through crisp and clear, whether you’re listening to your favorite music or a great new podcast.
Headphones aren’t the only use for auxiliary cables, though. You can actually use them to connect your smartphone directly to your car’s audio jack. You’ll get much better sound this way than you would through Bluetooth, but some people don’t have Bluetooth as an option. It’s important to check your car to make sure you have the necessary jack before you invest in an auxiliary cable.
The Auxiliary Audio Cable Buying Guide
- Sound quality is a top consideration when you’re shopping for audio cables. The material used to make the cable plays a direct role in how well the sound comes through. Materials like copper wire and aluminum casing will protect the audio integrity.
- Before you buy, check compatibility. If you’re trying to use your cable with a specific type of headphone, make sure the wire’s connector fits the type of plug your headphones have.
- Over time, cables can quickly wear out. Many auxiliary cables go through extensive bend testing before becoming widely available to ensure they can stand daily use.
- Few things can be as frustrating as a tangled wire. A flat design will help keep your cable from tangling during storage.
- Consider where you’ll be using your auxiliary cable. You’ll need a certain length to reach from one point to another, but if you choose one with too much length, you’ll end up with messy excess.
- In addition to the source you’ll be connecting your device to, you should also consider the port on the device itself. If you use a case like an Otter Box, you may find that you have to remove it to make the connection.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide