Duck Covers Ultimate Waterproof Outdoor Lounge Chair Cover
Last updated date: March 5, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Outdoor Chair Covers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Outdoor Chair Cover you should buy.
Update as March 5, 2021:
Checkout The Best Outdoor Chair Covers for a detailed review of all the top outdoor chair covers.
This outdoor chair cover's high-strength polyester make-up protects patio and lawn furniture in a variety of climates. The fabric is waterproof and outfitted with seam sealer tape to prevent water from seeping in along the sides. Wind won't lift away the cover either, as it is secured to the chair in three different ways.
In our analysis, the Duck Covers Duck Covers Ultimate Waterproof Outdoor Lounge Chair Cover placed 5th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
PATIO COVERS: Fits patio chairs 32"W x 37"D x 36"H. 2 year limited warranty. Waterproof fabric is ideal for high moisture climates. Seam sealer tape applied during the manufacturing process prevents water penetrating the cover at the seams. UV stability added during material production to reduce fading. A combination of nylon straps with side-release buckles and shock cord with locks firmly secures cover in place. Color coordinated so patio furniture covers can be combined with Duck Covers Elite or Essential Series. Duck Covers recommend you store cushions separately when not in use. Please refer to your furniture’s care instructions as finishes, sealants, or coatings can react to PVC backed covers. A support pole (sold separately) is recommended to help elevate the cover. Our covers are not intended for furniture made of concrete.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Outdoor Chair Covers
Patio furniture is an important part of any backyard, whether you’re entertaining guests or just enjoying a cup of coffee while watching the sunrise. But while the best patio furniture builds in weather-resistant features, the elements can take a toll on any object over the days, months and years.
A furniture cover will give you that added protection when you aren’t using your patio. You may choose to cover your furniture for periods of time when you know you won’t be using it, such as the chilly winter months. Or you may simply lock everything down in preparation for rainy or snowy days. Whatever the case, if your furniture covers are easy to put on, you’re more likely to use them often, rather than opting not to bother if you’ll just be removing it all in a day or so.
It’s important to note that furniture covers don’t just protect your furniture against wet weather. They’ll also protect your furniture from the sun’s harmful rays, reducing the risk of fading you’d get otherwise. This can keep your furniture looking like new for much longer.
As an added bonus, some patio furniture covers come with UV protection built into their own material. That means not only will you help the furniture beneath it resist fading, but you’ll also get a long, fade-free life out of the cover. Also look for covers that anchor to the furniture in some way to avoid the inconvenience of having the wind carry your cover away.
The biggest consideration as you’re shopping around is size. You know the exact furniture you’ll need to cover, so be sure to measure each piece before shopping. There are also covers that can handle an entire outdoor dining set, including table and chairs, but you’ll need to carefully measure to make sure it will fit.
The Outdoor Chair Cover Buying Guide
- You can buy universal covers that can go over a wide range of chair types and sizes. If you go this route, measure carefully and make sure that the cover you choose will not only fit over your chair but will stay in place.
- Cleanup is always a consideration with any piece of fabric. Look for a cover that can be wiped down with warm water or sprayed with a garden hose for occasional cleaning.
- Don’t forget your sofas. You can find patio furniture covers that will work with three-seat sofas, as well as two-cushion loveseats.
- Look not only at whether the cover will fit over your furniture, but also will anchor down in a way that keeps water at a minimum. Some have elastic to hold them in place, while others use ties or straps.
- Many covers build in an extra waterproofing element that will help keep water on the outside even in a heavy downpour.
- If your furniture cover doesn’t come with a strap or tie-down, or if you just want a little extra security, clamps can ensure the material stays in place during more brutal windstorms.
- For larger covers, like those that cover both tables and chairs, you’ll probably need a second pair of hands to help you put it in place.
- Be careful when removing your furniture cover, particularly if it uses buckles or snaps to hold it in place. Those items can scratch more sensitive furniture material types.
- Make sure you have a plan to store your furniture cover when it’s not in use. If it’s wet, you’ll need to wait for it to dry completely before folding it up to prevent mold. You can buy storage chests or bags for keeping your cover neatly tucked away between uses.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide