DrinkMate Sparkling Water & Soda Maker
Last updated date: August 31, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Drinkmate Beverage Carbonation Makers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Drinkmate Beverage Carbonation Maker you should buy.
Add carbonation to all your favorite beverages with this carbonation maker, which comes with a 1-liter BPA-free bottle. It comes in white, red and black to allow you to find the model that best suits your kitchen. It doesn't come with the cartridges you need, so make sure you have some on hand. Any 60-liter CO2 cartridges in North America work with DrinkMate. In our analysis of 23 expert reviews, the DrinkMate DrinkMate Sparkling Water & Soda Maker placed 3rd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 31, 2020:
Checkout The Best Drinkmate Beverage Carbonation Maker for a detailed review of all the top drinkmate beverage carbonation makers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
CARBONATES ANY DRINK, NOT JUST WATER - enjoy the sensation of sparkling water, juices, wine, cocktails, and even flat soda or beer. You’re in control with the push of a button.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Drinkmate Beverage Carbonation Makers
Carbonated beverages have been popular for at least a couple of centuries, starting with seltzer water and leading up to the sodas and beer that are popular today. Introducing carbon dioxide to liquid provides a texture that makes it a little more enjoyable to some consumers. But sodas can be high in sugar and artificial sweeteners, not to mention expensive.
With beverage carbonation makers, consumers can add CO2 to their water without spending money on bottled products. These products let you make your own soda water, but some carbonation makers also let you add flavorings to create a soda-like beverage.
The best thing about Drinkmate’s line of carbonation makers is that they let you carbonate anything. You can carbonate orange juice, wine, tea, coffee, sports drinks and cocktails, among many other beverages. This means if you have something that has gone flat, like a soda or beer, you can also use your Drinkmate to return it to its original crispness.
Need drink ideas? Drinkmate has recipes on its site for making cocktails, fruity sparkling water and hard lemonade, among other options. You can also find recipes online or just experiment with your own. You can even use store-bought water enhancer or SodaStream drops to make your water flavorful.
DWYM Fun Fact
Although carbonated beverages have been around since the 1700s, the invention of soda was a game-changer in America. It all started in 1885, when biochemist John Stith Pemberton combined the leaf of Peruvian coca, pure wine and the kola nut to create the taste that later became Coca-Cola. At the time, he believed it had medicinal purposes, such as aiding digestion, giving energy to respiratory organs and strengthening the muscular and nervous systems.
When prohibition came to Atlanta the next year, Pemberton substituted sugar syrup for the wine and gave his beverage the name “Coca-Cola.” He formed a new company to manufacture and promote his beverage, attracting the attention of a group of businessmen who agreed to finance his company. Unfortunately, he died in 1888, the same year he filed to incorporate the Coca-Cola Company.
The Drinkmate Beverage Carbonation Maker Buying Guide
- Although Drinkmate promises to carbonate any beverage, cleanup is essential between uses. Over time, residue can build up from the various juices and syrups you use.
- Drinkmate’s products aren’t dishwasher safe. Plan to hand wash them between uses.
- You’ll need carbon dioxide cylinders to carbonate your beverage, and each cylinder has a limited lifespan. Check the price of those extra cylinders, as well as the ease of ordering them when you need them. Make sure to keep some on hand for when you unexpectedly run out.
- One great thing about Drinkmate is that it’s compatible with most of the CO2 cartridges made for beverage carbonation makers.
- Some retailers offer a discount on CO2 canisters if you return your empties so that they can refill and resell them. This can be a great way to save money.
- The Drinkmate comes with a bottle that holds the liquid you’re making. You’ll be able to drink out of that bottle, so take a look at the build. Some Drinkmates can make as much as a liter of liquid, but that might not be as convenient as the smaller options that you can carry around with you. You can always pour your beverage into a glass or another bottle.
- Drinkmate’s bottles are BPA-free.