Dress Up America 12 Color Face Paint
Last updated date: October 16, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Halloween Makeup Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Halloween Makeup Kit you should buy.
Editor's Note October 25, 2019:
Checkout The Best Face Paint Makeup Kit for a detailed review of all the top halloween makeup kits.
In our analysis of 56 expert reviews, the Dress Up America Dress Up America 12 Color Face Paint placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Bring your Imagination to life & paint with your heart out using 12 color face & body crayon. Comes with a wide variety of color options to use your imaginations and turn it into a reality. 12 different and viberent colors for your events to face paint anybody with anything you imagine best. Dress up as your favorite hero or cartoon character with the paint set for all ages. They make excellent themes for your party events. You can have your guests paint their faces with the brightly colored paint assortments, or you can also lay them out on table spreads in an open basket as an accent to your décor. A Large Variety of Colors! ► Product comes complete with 12 Face Paint Crayons ► Crayon Size: 2 ¼” or 2.25 Inches. ► Convenient hard plastic storage case included ► Easy on, Easy off, Safe and Non-Toxic. Our 12 Color Face paint Crayons make face paint easier, just draw on skin. Fun for persons of all ages. A Large Variety of Colors! 12 Bright Crayon Colors are : Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Black, White, Orange, Violet, Brown, Pink, Light Green and Light Blue bright color sticks. Versatile: ► Great for Halloween stage, kids parties or one-on-one play time year round. ► Finish off any costume with this face paint, be it a clown face, animal face, mustache and so much more. Great activity for party's and carnivals! Additional Features & Specifications: ► These face Painting Crayons are easy to apply and easy to remove. ► To remove make up wipe with tissue paper and wash with soap and warm water. ► Face paint is safe and non-toxic Suitable for all Occassions: ► Perfect for any occasions especially Halloweens, Themed parties, Masquerades, Birthday parties, Barbeques, Carnivals, Sleep overs, Slumber parties or kids playing pretend play in beauty salon and even in stage play face makeups. Suitable for all Ages: ► These crayons are suitable for any Dressup and pretend play time year round. ► Perfect for any Indoors & Outdoors Events. Great Halloween and Masquerading fun for ages 3 and up.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Halloween Makeup Kits
The most important part of dressing may be your costume. Anyone can buy a witch’s hat or a store-bought mask and call it a day, but diving into some face paint will really set your look apart. Don’t be intimidated if you’ve never stretched your creative wings with makeup before. Even a few small details or a dusting of glitter will elevate your costume.
There are several types of makeup kits, but the most popular makeup kits are either colorful palettes of face paint or upgraded kits with latex and fake blood for special effects. The face paint kits come with a rainbow of colors, a few brushes or sponges and usually a container or two of glitter.
The paint itself will be water-based, oil-based or alcohol-based. Water-based paints are easy to apply and remove, but may run if you get sweaty while trick-or-treating. Oil or grease-based paint is tougher to work with and tougher to remove, but it has better staying power. Alcohol-based (or alcohol-activated) paints will last through almost anything, but they’re expensive and very difficult to apply.
Special effects makeup kits also come with paint palettes, but the colors are closer to skin-tone shades for realistic burns, scratches and wounds. They also come with fake blood, modeling putty, fixatives and prosthetics.
Face paint makeup kits are fun for all ages. Take a look at our Tips & Advice for the nuts and bolts of buying these fun accessories.
The Halloween Makeup Kit Buying Guide
- Only use paint that is designated for use on your skin when creating your look. Using crafting paint, markers or decorative glitter can cause unpleasant skin reactions.
- Be mindful of any skin sensitivities you may have before you break out your brushes and sponges. Non-toxic paints can still cause a skin reaction if they contain ingredients that you’re sensitive to. Test out your paints on a small patch of skin before you paint your entire face.
- Brush quality matters, but the brushes that came with your set should be fine for small or simple jobs. If you want to go for something more complex, look for a set of mixed flat and round artist’s brushes.
- You can use sponges to cover larger areas, but standard makeup sponges might absorb too much paint. Cut a car sponge into small pieces for an inexpensive option.
- How you remove your face paint is just as important as how you apply it. You can use plain soap and water, or baby shampoo, for water-based paints with no sealant. If you used oil-based makeup or sprayed a sealant on top of your makeup to help it last, you’ll need to use a combination of baby shampoo, cold cream and makeup remover. Don’t use baby wipes or rub too hard — this can cause skin irritation.
- Most special effects kits come with spirit gum remover, which takes off prosthetics. Make sure your kit has some before you add your fake wounds!
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide