DreamNorth Hypoallergenic Gel Pillows, 2-Pack
Last updated date: September 19, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pillows and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pillow you should buy.
These pillows feature a breathable cotton exterior with a poly gel fiber insert to provide both comfort and support while you sleep. The support of these pillows falls in the medium range, so if you're a fan of extra-firm or extra-soft pillows, this might not be the best option for you. It's hypoallergenic and built to resist dust mites, mold and mildew, as well as resisting dirt. You'll get two pillows in the set and can choose from standard, queen or king size. In our analysis of 0 expert reviews, the DreamNorth DreamNorth Hypoallergenic Gel Pillows, 2-Pack placed 6th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 20, 2020:
Checkout The Best Pillows for a detailed review of all the top pillows.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
100% Cotton. LUXURIOUS - Surround yourself with the DreamNorth Pillows for a better night's rest. The breathable cotton cover and the soft filling to provide the most comfortable sleeping experience. (Notes: for the first time user, please follow the user guide to prep your pillow to restore the original look.) REST EASY - Rest your head on these high-quality pillows knowing you can go to sleep in pure comfort and relaxation. The filling of the pillow is made from poly gel-filled fiber to ensure maximum comfort for all sleeping position. BREATHABLE COTTON - The pillow cover is made of 100% cotton fabric material to stay soft, breathable, and dry. Machine washable capabilities enables maintenance of its reusability and fresh appearance. HYPO-ALLERGENIC - Allergen and chemical free material looks out for the health and wellbeing of our users. Great for individuals with allergies, asthma, and other respiratory difficulties. WARRANTY - We offer a guaranteed one year warranty to protect your pillows against manufacturer defects.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pillows
Pillows have come a long way over the years. Today, sleepers can find a pillow that matches exactly the support they need while also keeping them cool and comfortable throughout the night. But the problem is, there are so many different options now, it can be tough to find exactly the right one.
While you can go to the store and try out various pillows, you won’t really know how well it holds up until you’ve slept on it. That pillow that seems to both retain its shape and conform may actually start to sag or bunch up in places over time. You may also find that you didn’t account for factors like breathability.
One of the best ways to find the pillow that meets your needs is to know how each pillow is constructed. Today’s pillows often use materials like gel and memory foam to conform to your head and neck without permanently flattening.
The way you sleep should factor into your choice of a pillow. Side sleepers will likely want one on the firmer side, while back sleepers need a flatter pillow to keep the neck in alignment with the spine. Stomach sleepers may benefit from no pillow at all or a very soft one. Since many sleepers change position throughout the night, though, you may have difficulty finding all these features at once in your choice of a pillow.
DWYM Fun Fact
There’s an easy test you can try to see if your pillow needs to be replaced. Fold it in half and if it stays that way rather than returning to its original position, it’s time to toss it. If it’s a natural fill pillow, fold it over your arm. If it hangs down, rather than somewhat holding its shape, it needs to be replaced. King-size pillows will need to be folded in third rather than half due to the larger length.
You’ll also need to replace your pillow if it has noticeable lumps or permanent stains. Sometimes the way you feel when you wake in the morning is a telltale sign. If you have headaches, neck strain or allergy issues, upgrading to a new pillow could resolve those issues.
The Pillow Buying Guide
- You may not realize it, but pillows need to be replaced fairly frequently. Memory foams can last up to three years, but other types of pillows need to be switched out after about 18 months.
- If you purchase a pillow online, it will likely be vacuum sealed for compactness during shipping. Once it arrives and you remove it from the packaging, it will begin to expand. Give it at least 24 hours to come to its full size before sleeping on it.
- Temperature is also a consideration. Some pillows are built with breathability in mind, which will help if you tend to sweat while you sleep. Gel filling can have more cooling properties than other types of inserts, which also helps with temperature control.
- Some pillows are designed with a side band that helps them keep their shape.
- Although you’ll probably use a pillowcase with your pillows, having a pillow you can toss in the machine comes in handy. Some also have an exterior that resists dirt buildup to ensure it looks like new longer.
- You’ll find pillows are sized similarly to mattresses and sheets: standard, queen and king are the most popular. You don’t have to match your pillow size to your mattress size, though. Just be aware that with a king-size, bed, you may need three standard pillows to reach from one side to the other, whereas two king pillows will fit solidly side by side across that area.