Dove Single Size Dark Chocolate Candy Bars, 18-Count
Last updated date: October 19, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dark Chocolates and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dark Chocolate you should buy.
Update as October 19, 2021:
Checkout The Best Dark Chocolate for a detailed review of all the top dark chocolates.
You’ll get 18 1.44-ounce dark chocolate bars in this set, great for distributing as gifts or saving for yourself. The cocoa comes from Rainforest Alliance-certified farms for a sustainably sourced solution. The bars are divided into small squares that can be separated for a bite-size treat.
In our analysis, the Dove Dove Single Size Dark Chocolate Candy Bars, 18-Count placed 5th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Made with only the finest cacao, DOVE Dark Chocolate Candy bars are a treat that can help brighten your day. Each bar is perfect for sharing with friends. Whether eaten as a delightful snack or chocolate dessert, these delicious dark chocolate bars will make you feel pampered. Treat yourself to rich dark chocolate with DOVE Dark Chocolate Candy Bars.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dark Chocolates
You’ve probably heard about the health benefits of eating chocolate. What could be better news than hearing your favorite tasty treat is also good for you?
Unfortunately, the health benefits of chocolate are specific to pure chocolate. Once you start adding other ingredients, especially milk, you dilute the healthy properties of cocoa beans so that you’re basically just eating a sugary snack.
Dark chocolate is where you’ll get those health benefits, but not all dark chocolate is equal, either. For best results, you’ll need to look for dark chocolate with a total cocoa content of 70% or more.
Beyond the cocoa content, though, there are other features to look for if you’re concerned about the nutrition of your dark chocolate. The fewer the ingredients, the better, and for many, sugar is a concern. If you have sensitivities, you’ll also want to look at whether the chocolate you’re choosing has those items or not. You can find dark chocolate that’s gluten-free and all organic, with few artificial colors and flavorings, if that’s your style.
Dark chocolate also comes in a variety of serving styles. Bars are probably the most popular, but if you’re looking for the healthiest option, you might find you don’t have the selection there you’d get by going with truffles or bites.
Social consciousness is also a consideration for many dark chocolate lovers. One concern is with how cocoa beans are sourced. The Rainforest Alliance works to ensure that cocoa farmers have standards in place that preserve and protect the environment. Some of the biggest chocolate manufacturers now only work with farmers who meet those specifications, advertising that they sell Rainforest Alliance-certified chocolate.
If you’re concerned about genetically modified organisms, you can also find non-GMO chocolate. This is especially important if you follow an organic diet. If this is a concern for you, make sure all the ingredients in the chocolate you’re choosing are non-GMO.
The Dark Chocolate Buying Guide
- For top-quality dark chocolate, take a look at the list of ingredients. The first ingredient listed should be chocolate liquor or cocoa. Beyond that, though, there is a host of additional ingredients that can be safely added, including cocoa powder and cocoa butter.
- Sugar can be the enemy when it comes to dark chocolate. While you’ll probably want to see sugar on the list since unsweetened cocoa is bitter, a high sugar content can negate any health benefits you may be seeking.
- Although milk is an ingredient that should be limited to milk chocolate, you might see something called milk fat listed among the ingredients in dark chocolate. This is added to soften dark chocolate and make it more palatable, although it’s not required.
- Buying chocolate online can be tricky since you’re having it shipped to you, and chocolate is prone to melting. Make sure your chocolate will be shipped with cold packs to ensure it will arrive at your home in its intended shape.
- Bars marked “Organic” should be a safer option if you want only natural ingredients. Still, it’s important to carefully check the ingredients list to verify the claim on the front of the label.
- Look carefully at the measurements of any candy bar before you purchase it. Some can be deceptively small when you only see them pictured online.
- Vegans can find dark chocolate that avoids all use of dairy products. Also look out for ingredient lists that include milk derivatives, like whey, casein or lactose.
- Dark chocolate can be flavored using natural ingredients. But if you’re going for a chocolate bar that advertises itself as having flavors like orange or mint, take a close look to make sure you’re not getting artificial ingredients mixed in to achieve that taste.
- If you don’t always want to commit to a full bar to get that dark chocolate fix, consider one that lets you divide out your treats using precut squares.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide